Status
Not open for further replies.

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
Funny that you mentioned La Tabaccheria. I just got back from a month in Rome, and went to a vape shop or two there. I asked for a tobacco flavoring on the sweet side and they suggested La Tabaccheria Black Cavendish, which I bought and which smells great and which I haven't vaped yet.
I'll post again when I have.

felinefan

Sep 22, 2017
Funny that you mentioned La Tabaccheria. I just got back from a month in Rome, and went to a vape shop or two there. I asked for a tobacco flavoring on the sweet side and they suggested La Tabaccheria Black Cavendish, which I bought and which smells great and which I haven't vaped yet.
Let us know what you think of it:)

• Agree
Reactions: checkum

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia

It's good to see new NET vendors out there. These sound interesting. I wonder if posting to Australia is even more expensive than from America [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

boomerdude

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
That sounds great boomer. Are you still in the business of sending Your home made extracts across the hemisphere? :)

Well, it never was a business and I limited it to this and the swap thread. Mostly it was experimenting and finding those that suit my taste. I did over 100 pipe and cigarette tobacco's and about 30 Cigars. I did a lot of swapping and gifting. Sold a bit also.

Now I just make juices for myself. I settled on eight tobacco's and Tatiana cigars. I have vaped them for several years now and they're all still good to me. I don't add anything and just enjoy the flavor as it is.

Pennington Gap
Ashton Artisan
Old Joe Kranz
Coyote Classic
American Spirit ( all of them )
Tatiana Groovy Blue and Honey

checkum

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2014
Missouri, USA
Well, it never was a business and I limited it to this and the swap thread. Mostly it was experimenting and finding those that suit my taste. I did over 100 pipe and cigarette tobacco's and about 30 Cigars. I did a lot of swapping and gifting. Sold a bit also.

Now I just make juices for myself. I settled on eight tobacco's and Tatiana cigars. I have vaped them for several years now and they're all still good to me. I don't add anything and just enjoy the flavor as it is.

Pennington Gap
Ashton Artisan
Old Joe Kranz
Coyote Classic
American Spirit ( all of them )
Tatiana Groovy Blue and Honey

You seem to like the stronger tobaccos as do I.

Reactions: AnthonyB

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
Ok. I just got around to trying the La Tabbacheria Black Cavendish which I brought back from Rome.
This was roughly mixed in an RTA at 50/50 attempting to get to 10% flavoring. Not sure if I got the % exactly right in the tank.
That said, it's a dryish, nicely flavored and real tasting tobacco. I think that for those who like this flavor profile they'll like it. For me, who prefers a sweetish tobacco, it wasn't sweet enough. But, that's just me.

checkum

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2014
Missouri, USA
for the person still reading/contributing here is a sale at Pipes and Cigars:

Great News, FREE SHIPPING now on orders over $79!
  • 1-800-494-9144

1. Fusiler's Ration Special Reserve

Click the icons below for product information.
Fusiler's Ration Special Reserve NEW
Be the first to rate this product

Share:
A limited edition special reserve blend has come into our hands! The Fusilier's Ration Special Reserve is everything that you would expect from the original blend. What makes this so special, you ask? The well-aged Virginias that were given to create this already popular blend to make it even better. With the addition of these Virginias, it creates a flavor that can not be denied and should not be missed. With the release of this special reserve, we were given the green light to give you a discount that will turn heads. The perfect chance to try something new from an already well-known blend.

BLEND
PACK
IN STOCK PRICE QTY CART
hsa-tb-1000.png

Fusilier's Ration Special Reserve Per oz IN STOCK $500

Doffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2014
Australia
hi, my first post in this thread

i've been mostly vaping unflavoured for years. But sometimes i drip a few drops of flavour into the RDA on my squonkers

i made NETs years ago, just straight up cold macerated in PG

about 3 weeks ago, decided to revisit

split a 20 gram pouch with a mate, who is doing similar

View attachment 740277

i soaked 6 grams of tobacco in 23ml brandy for 3 days. Then put that on a double boiler to evaporate

View attachment 740279

added 50ml pg, and leaving it a few months

i View attachment 740279 '

i'm surprised how strong the brandy smell is though. Wondering if anyone has done similar for a very long steep, to comment on finished product? i just wanted a brandy note, but it smells strong. Maybe that profile just pools in the jar more than the tobacco smell? or the brandy and tobacco might eventually balance out? aiming for 3+ month steep

filtering this in a few days

it smells very good now, more balance between the brandy and tobacco

have filter paper coming in the mail. Will do a coffee filter/funnel strain, followed by finer strain through super fine filter in a 100ml syringe with cotton to hold it in place

if it vapes half as good as it smells, it will be very special

Upinsmoke

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2017
Suffolk UK
filtering this in a few days

it smells very good now, more balance between the brandy and tobacco

have filter paper coming in the mail. Will do a coffee filter/funnel strain, followed by finer strain through super fine filter in a 100ml syringe with cotton to hold it in place

if it vapes half as good as it smells, it will be very special
Let us know how it pans out.
I did a cold NET in VG with brandy a while back . It was good flavour but very gunky.
I think I was still using tanks back then.
Now I'm strictly dripping .
I do my NET'S with @Str8vision hot ethanol extraction.
I used to have some really good rum and brandy food flavour which was probably in PG. I wasted it all in fruit cake. Now I can't find the same brand.
Brandy has quite a high sugar content so you may want to dilute your extract a fair bit.

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
I've tried my own extraction for the first time in 2 years!

At a wedding I went to a month ago, there was a cigar stand. I took a cigar and asked the waiter not to light it for me. It was a standard mid sized cigar , nothing special but it has a lovely room note from the people who were smoking them.

I chopped up the cigar, put it in a mason jar with PG and stuck it at the back of my vaping cabinet which is nice and dark and cool.

This will actually be my first ever cold maceration that is not stuck on a windowsill getting the sun. In my failed attempt to extract tobaccos a few years ago I used mainly the heat Mac method and windowsill method. Both methods incorporated heat. Not this time! I'm hopeful.

checkum

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2014
Missouri, USA
I've tried my own extraction for the first time in 2 years!

At a wedding I went to a month ago, there was a cigar stand. I took a cigar and asked the waiter not to light it for me. It was a standard mid sized cigar , nothing special but it has a lovely room note from the people who were smoking them.

I chopped up the cigar, put it in a mason jar with PG and stuck it at the back of my vaping cabinet which is nice and dark and cool.

This will actually be my first ever cold maceration that is not stuck on a windowsill getting the sun. In my failed attempt to extract tobaccos a few years ago I used mainly the heat Mac method and windowsill method. Both methods incorporated heat. Not this time! I'm hopeful.

Hope the extraction goes well. When I attempted cigars I left them age for two months. Next time I will double that time for more flavor.

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
Hope the extraction goes well. When I attempted cigars I left them age for two months. Next time I will double that time for more flavor.

It has been a month. I might leave it for 3 months.

Thankfully I still have my 2 micron filter papers and don't need to buy more.

boomerdude

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
for the person still reading/contributing here is a sale at Pipes and Cigars:

Great News, FREE SHIPPING now on orders over $79!
  • 1-800-494-9144

I noticed, that recently, P&C has cut way down on inventory. Can't get my favorite pipe cleaners and Tatiana cigars are very limited, and no more ordering singles. Some tobaccos I've had on backorder for several months.

1. Fusiler's Ration Special Reserve

Click the icons below for product information.
Fusiler's Ration Special Reserve NEW
Be the first to rate this product

Share:
A limited edition special reserve blend has come into our hands! The Fusilier's Ration Special Reserve is everything that you would expect from the original blend. What makes this so special, you ask? The well-aged Virginias that were given to create this already popular blend to make it even better. With the addition of these Virginias, it creates a flavor that can not be denied and should not be missed. With the release of this special reserve, we were given the green light to give you a discount that will turn heads. The perfect chance to try something new from an already well-known blend.

BLEND
PACK
IN STOCK PRICE QTY CART
hsa-tb-1000.png

Fusilier's Ration Special Reserve Per oz IN STOCK $500

Reactions: AnthonyB

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
I'm considering putting in an order with NET.com. Has anyone had very recent experience with them and has Clay been communicative ?

Also, I am ready to filter my Mini cigar maceration. The tobacco has been sitting in a jar for 7 weeks in a dark cupboard. I've stirred it gently a few times over the last 7 weeks.

Should I leave it longer and what is the best concentrate ratio to mix at ? I'm thinking 20%.

checkum

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2014
Missouri, USA
[QUOTE="AnthonyB, post: 21074993, member: 39323

Also, I am ready to filter my Mini cigar maceration. The tobacco has been sitting in a jar for 7 weeks in a dark cupboard. I've stirred it gently a few times over the last 7 weeks.

Should I leave it longer and what is the best concentrate ratio to mix at ? I'm thinking 20%.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

I did a couple cigar macerations and left them in for a bit over 8 or 9 weeks minimum, and they turned out ok. I think one needs at least that long for cigars. Why I do not know, as other tobaccos taste good after 5 weeks! I also found I needed a bit higher concentration for flavor. 20% sounds close to me. Hope you have much success!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread