Not open for further replies.

Zbeast08

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2013
Wilson, NC, USA
I have researched and am really confused, pease advise and I realize there is not an exact answer or correlation!! I have been vaping about 1 month and totally off analogs!! I go thru about 3-4 clearos 1.6 ml a day--18mg. How many analogs is this a day?? Roughly speaking that is!!

Salm12

ECF Veteran
May 7, 2013
Monmouth County, NJ
Good question. But ultimatly, it doesnt really matter what the corolation is. At 18mgs of nic with that amount is about as harmful to you as a few cups of coffee. I know its probably more of a matter of curiosity, but honestly after a while it just doesnt matter because its still 100 times better for you than analogs haha.

Ken_A

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2013
Florida
There is no valid coorilazation that I know of. The nic that ends up in vapor is a out 10 times as large as burnt nic in smoke. But that means that it is absorbed less readily. So a puff of vapor is not equal to a puff of smoke in the ammount of nic absorbed.
Then, the puff I take is going to be of a different size than the puff of smoke I took before...
The best you can do is let your body tell you when you have had enough. I vape a LOT, and my nic level is low... I seem to do ok.

Faylool

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Sweet Home, Oregon USA
I asked that question of the Veterans and his answer was incomprehensible. I hit like because it was polite and at least I got an answer! I quit worrying about that relationship. I do worry about too much nic. It gets me kinda wired and so I found I was vaping more because of that and round and round. I try to be aware of falling in to chain vaping now. Tats just me. I lowered my nic from 36 to 24 and then again 18 just to give you a framework re too much. Everybody is different about what is too much. I've had too much from dripping an RBA and hitting it like a premade atty. nausea. So that lead me to lower my nic and I will always remember 8 billowing hits of 24 mg nic off a new RDA is going to make me need to go lie down after drinking lots of water. (. :

zedword

Mar 24, 2013
Kansas City
I have researched and am really confused, pease advise and I realize there is not an exact answer or correlation!! I have been vaping about 1 month and totally off analogs!! I go thru about 3-4 clearos 1.6 ml a day--18mg. How many analogs is this a day?? Roughly speaking that is!!

It is nearly impossible to tell, but the best estimate would be: how many analogs did you smoke per day before you satisfied your day's craving, and does your current vaping habit give you the same satisfaction?

For example: did you need to smoke 2 packs a day to be satisfied? Do 4 tanks give you the same satisfaction? If yes, then 4 tanks is about 2 packs for you.

This is different for every person.

PS- congrats on one month analog free!

Last edited:

jclifford

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 25, 2013
salem nh
I would say it is a fairly easy answer. How many analogs were you using before you started vaping? If you were able to get off of analogs and feel about the same as you did before you were off analogs, ignoring the fact that you probably feel better, then whatever you are vaping is equivalent to what you were smoking. Simple! but difficult, for many reasons; how you vape, what equipment you own, how often you hit it.
I have 30+ people I have coached off analogs, PAD smokers are happy in the 18-24 mg range, 2 PAD have been happy in the 24-30 range, part timers 1/2 PAD light people have been 12-18 mg. Naturally, their are exceptions, but not many.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
I go thru about 3-4 clearos 1.6 ml a day--18mg. How many analogs is this a day?? Roughly speaking that is!!
So you go through 1.6ml per day of 18mg strength?

That's around 28mg of nicotine, and cigarettes average around 1mg of absorbed nicotine give or take.
Assuming 40% absorption via vapor, I'm going to say that is no more than about 12 cigarettes.

The absorption is just a guess of course, but it is a number that many people believe may be on the high side.

Visus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2013
United States
Theres nothing like a fresh coil and wick that has been saturated with e-juice.
Your not doing it right thats baby talk, 3 or 4 1.6ml of e juicyness, hit that e-cig 100ml a day then your vaping...

Huge-Tank-LH-Tank-.jpg

basylica

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Dallas, Tx
I think he means 3 or 4 of the 1.6 clearos...

So lets say 4.8-6.4 mls of 18mg. On average, about 5.6 ml X 18mg/ml = 100.8mg X 40% absorption = 40 mg/day.

Or the same nicotine as 40 smokes, assuming your parameters above are correct.

Which still baffles me as I was smoking ~PAD of american spirits and struggled to keep from chain smoking (which is why I moved to AS since took me 2x longer)
evidently I wanter shorter smokes more often since that seems to be how i'm vaping. I can't go through more than 1-1.2ml of 18mg juice which is like 8cigs based on the math, and I would be suspect that AS had more nic per.....

evidently i have cut back, when I feel like i'm "smoking" more. huzzah! (til I gain weight and need new pants. LOL)

volume control

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2012
Mass
I think a lot of your absorption depends on the inhale method and device used as well. Depending what you are using you could be getting as low as 10-20% of the nicotine in your juice. Its such a skeptical question that you can only make an educated guess as to what you are getting.

I think when you first cut over, to stifle the cravings for an analog, you likely are requiring a bit more nicotine than you did before. Personally i started out running through 3-4ml a day, and now im down to about 1.5ml a day as ive stabilized. You would also want to factor in that i started at 18mg, and moved to 24mg. But now i can take 5 or 6 vapes and put it down for an hour. With the 18mg sometimes i would struggle for a throat hit, and end up chain vaping through an entire ml if it was bad

Rocketpunk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Dayton, Ohio
I really dislike the promotional method of saying "one cartridge equals one carton of cigarettes!" or "equals 600 puffs!"

What's a "puff"? I never bought cartons of cigarettes, just packs. I smoked ~20 cigarettes a day. Most of the time I smoked them slow and gently. If I was drinking, I'd burn through half a pack within a couple of hours.

There is no "set standard" for how many puffs a cartridge will last. It all depends on you, the user. Were you a hardcore chain smoker? My grandmother used to light one cig off the .... of another. Sometimes she'd have two going at once, one in the kitchen, one in the living room.

Claiming "this is equal to x amount of cigarettes" is erroneous in my opinion and should not be part of the advertisement.

EVERYTHING is all dependent on YOU and how YOU use it.

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin

it all depends on HOW you smoked when you smoked cigarettes. if you took long, deep drags, you were gettign more nicotine than someone who smoked gently and didnt inhale very deeply.

you can pull more tar and nicotine from lights than full strengths, if you alter your draw. not everyone pulled the same tar from the same cigarette. its more about how you smoked then what you smoked. so thats a factor.

another factor is how you vape. using a clearo will get you X amount of nicotine, using a different type of delivery system might get you more or even less nicotine.

but if youre only looking to measure puff vs puff of vape vs smoke, try to remember how many drags you got from a cigarette; then count how many drags you take from your PV. you can compare that way, but the comparison wont be accurate in regards to nicotine IMO. vaping and smoking deliver different amounts of nic per puff. jmho ymmv.

Heavyrocker

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2012
Toronto,Canada

1.2MG of nic in a cigarette on average,so if you vape 12mg thats = too puffing on a cigarette,one cigarette usually last 10 puffs,so just count the number of puffs,should give you a ruff number.

stealthmayhem

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2013
Dover, Delaware, United States
There is no way to give you an answer.....I would say somewhere between 1-100. If you are not craving stinkies, and not getting nic-sick, then it is the right amount. Think of the Three Bears, too much, too little, or just right. Only you know how many you need, and what works for you due to the different way that people vape, your delivery system, how your body absorbs nicotine, etc.

Of course, I am still new to this, take my info with a grain of salt....and plenty of water.

Zbeast08

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2013
Wilson, NC, USA
So you go through 1.6ml per day of 18mg strength?

That's around 28mg of nicotine, and cigarettes average around 1mg of absorbed nicotine give or take.
Assuming 40% absorption via vapor, I'm going to say that is no more than about 12 cigarettes.

The absorption is just a guess of course, but it is a number that many people believe may be on the high side.

No, I use say 4 clearo tanks at 1.6ml per tank so 6.4ml of 18mg.

Zbeast08

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2013
Wilson, NC, USA

So lets say 4.8-6.4 mls of 18mg. On average, about 5.6 ml X 18mg/ml = 100.8mg X 40% absorption = 40 mg/day.

This sounds more accurate as I was 1-1/2 to 2 pad smoker, 30-40 pn average, with said, I am getting about same nic
but no killer chemicals. Thanks

Zbeast08

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2013
Wilson, NC, USA

Here we go, confused again!! My type of analog was a light and it says .5mg/analog, so with the analogy above using 1 mg/smoke, I would double that number to 80 analogs--4 packs......anyway, I seem to be doing fine with 3-4 tanks a day also they are not completely empty when I refill so I won't get that dry hit. Also trying to drop to 12 mg later in the evening as a habit to potentially drop to 12mg in a couple months!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread