Need help with new vape

Status
Not open for further replies.

davinationtv

Aug 5, 2020
My first advice: as you're onbviously not very experienced, forget the temperature mode. Stick to power (wattage) mode only until you research about it or have someone guide you through it.
coils are made of different materials, and some are not suitable for temperature control (TC) mode. You need to know what material your coil is made out of to experiment with different settings of your device
it doesnt say anything on the box nor inside what its made off, on the front all it says is "PnP-M2 0.6 with that weird symbol"

Attachments

• unnamed2.jpg
    unnamed2.jpg
    1,018.1 KB · Views: 13

PeterKay

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2020
Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
And to be clear, I'm not trying to talk you down man. I've been cigarette free and properly vaping since the beginning of May this year, and I haven't ventured into TC vaping yet. I'm waiting for master Yoda @Mordacai to introduce me into Jedi ways. So don't rush into TC and other options before you know what you're doing.

Let's find the reason for the dry hits you're getting first. Maybe a bad coil? Smok is well known for low quality control on their stuff, I've experienced it first-hand with Smok Nord Pod, where all 5/5 of the ceramic 1.4 ohm coils from a 5 pack I bought didn't last longer than 2-3 days of very moderate vaping. All would flood and burn in no time. On the other hand, the 0.6 ohm coils I bought for the same device lasted minimum a week up to 2 weeks. And I did everything right for the 1.4s, starting from priming to juice viscosity used

davinationtv

Aug 5, 2020
And to be clear, I'm not trying to talk you down man. I've been cigarette free and properly vaping since the beginning of May this year, and I haven't ventured into TC vaping yet. I'm waiting for master Yoda @Mordacai to introduce me into Jedi ways. So don't rush into TC and other options before you know what you're doing.

Let's find the reason for the dry hits you're getting first. Maybe a bad coil? Smok is well known for low quality control on their stuff, I've experienced it first-hand with Smok Nord Pod, where all 5/5 of the ceramic 1.4 ohm coils from a 5 pack I bought didn't last longer than 2-3 days of very moderate vaping. All would flood and burn in no time. On the other hand, the 0.6 ohm coils I bought for the same device lasted minimum a week up to 2 weeks. And I did everything right for the 1.4s, starting from priming to juice viscosity used
im not having problems with my smok, ive had no problems with it, its my voopoo drag 2 which is the problem.

PeterKay

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2020
Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
"PnP-M2 - 0.6Ω single mesh 20-28W half direct lung DL, Finic P18, Caliber P22, Drag Baby Trio"
Voopoo Drag Baby Trio Vinci 0.6 Ohm Coils PnP-M2 | Electronic Cigarette Co.

If you tried to vape it at 60W, so over the double wattage recommended, especially after installing a fresh coil (it's usually better to start a new coil at the bottom of its range and then up the wattage), you most probably burned it. Is your juice 70VG/30PG?

davinationtv

Aug 5, 2020
I'm not saying you don't have a defective mod, but to determine that you need to exclude other possibilities- user error. If you vaped at 60w using a coil recommended for 20-28 my guess would be you simply burned it, but i might be wrong
i just wish it was simple like my smok, just put the juice in and boom your off, but with all these stupid settings and whatnot, just makes it too confusing

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017

he is using a voopoo drag 2. Doesnt know what the atomizer is though and I dont know they put in the kit. I have a drag 2 but I bought the mod only. I don't know the coils he showed in the pic or what atomizer they go to but I'm sure they are not for TC.

PeterKay

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2020
Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
the juice im using is "the panther series pink blackcurrant soft drink" with "nic' n mix nicotine booster"
your juice is thus 78/22 vg/pg (unusual), after adding nicotine which is most likely pg-based you will be down to roughly 70/30 vg/pg. Which is quite viscous. Not too thick for 0.6 ohm coil if vaped at the correct wattage, but if you put twice as much power as the coil can withstand, it will definitely not wick fast enough and you will end up burning it

davinationtv

Aug 5, 2020
he is using a voopoo drag 2. Doesnt know what the atomizer is though and I dont know they put in the kit. I have a drag 2 but I bought the mod only. I don't know the coils he showed in the pic or what atomizer they go to but I'm sure they are not for TC.
is a atomizer the thing ontop? sory dunno the terms for this stuff, but heres a picture of the top part

Attachments

• unnamed (1).jpg
    unnamed (1).jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 13

PeterKay

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2020
Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
Yeah and if you look up the link i sent you will see 20-28W, definitely not 60W as OP said he used initially

• Agree
Reactions: Coyote628

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
Do this....change the coil, prime the new coil thoroughly. Pop the batteries out of the mod and the put them back. This takes the mod to wattage. Dont change any settings. Put the tank back on and then select yes for new coil. Then before you vape it, lower the wattage to 20 watts. Then start vaping and gradually bring the watts up to your comfort level

davinationtv

Aug 5, 2020
your juice is thus 78/22 vg/pg (unusual), after adding nicotine which is most likely pg-based you will be down to roughly 70/30 vg/pg. Which is quite viscous. Not too thick for 0.6 ohm coil if vaped at the correct wattage, but if you put twice as much power as the coil can withstand, it will definitely not wick fast enough and you will end up burning it
so your saying i burnt out the coil thats why im getting dry hits?

• Agree
Reactions: Coyote628

PeterKay

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2020
Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
so your saying i burnt out the coil thats why im getting dry hits?
Try what @Coyote628 suggested, don't go above 20W to start with. After you fill the tank wait minimum 10min, not 5 like manufacturer says. I noticed some coils perform better after priming for a bit longer than what it says on the box

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread