Need help with percentages

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doctorvapes

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2017
Hello I'm trying to make a sweet and creamy cappuccino vape with the following flavors but am pretty clueless when it comes to percentages.

Caramel cappuccino TPA
French vanilla TPA
Whipped cream TPA
Sweet cream CAP

I also have sweetener TPA and supersweet CAP if needed for sweetness.

Any help is appreciated.

Reactions: stols001

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Suggest start all flavors 1% except CC., would start that one at 0.5%. Steep mix 4 weeks minimum. Adjust upward/downward to accent whatever.

Caramel cappuccino TPA
French vanilla TPA
Whipped cream TPA
Sweet cream CAP

"I also have sweetener TPA and supersweet CAP if needed for sweetness."
I generally leave sweeteners out the first go around them add if need be. Some sweeteners can harm a mix.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
Suggest start all flavors 1% except CC., would start that one at 0.5%. Steep mix 4 weeks minimum. Adjust upward/downward to accent whatever.

Caramel cappuccino TPA
French vanilla TPA
Whipped cream TPA
Sweet cream CAP

"I also have sweetener TPA and supersweet CAP if needed for sweetness."
I generally leave sweeteners out the first go around them add if need be. Some sweeteners can harm a mix.

Agree. Anything coffee flavored I start way low. You can always add more. I would likely end up at about 1.5 -2 times these percentages, but I have the pallet of a vulture.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Start low and start simple. Write everything down (including taste at steeping times) and see what happens. If you write everything down you've gained knowledge, no matter how the final mix turns out.

Simple is good I went so simple I started with single flavors that I mixed in my tank, which yeah, not the same as steeping together but it gave me a sense of percentages and steep times.

Be prepared for your tastes to change, I just vaped my first juice with menthol in it, and I swore I'd never do it. It's pretty good. Have fun.

Anna

christylh8

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2018
Huntsville, AL
When I first starting learning about DIY, I read that the a basic starting place is when the total flavor amounts equal 5%, 10%, or 15% depending on how much flavor you like. I'm a 15% girl because I like it strong, however with that said there are some flavors that just don't need that much.

My friends here have taught me that it is all about experimenting and finding what works best for you and they were right.

I use the ELR website because it helps me automatically adjust percentage really easily. I can definitely recommend using it to keep up with your recipes and notes. You can find it online if you search for "ELR recipes".

Last edited:

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Hello I'm trying to make a sweet and creamy cappuccino vape with the following flavors but am pretty clueless when it comes to percentages.

Caramel cappuccino TPA
French vanilla TPA
Whipped cream TPA
Sweet cream CAP

I also have sweetener TPA and supersweet CAP if needed for sweetness.

Any help is appreciated.

When I'm trying out a new flavor I search for the flavor brand and name and see what others are mixing it at. Standalone percentage can be much different when used in a multi-flavor recipe. Start low and add to taste. If you can't detect one of the flavors when it's mixed and steeped, add a small percentage more and let it sit for a few days to judge the effect.

It's all subjective and tastes vary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread