Negative Feedback for PIF

Status
Not open for further replies.

VD93

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 4, 2010
DFW Texas
I seriously doubt that to be the case. On 8-13 he made a post saying he had put the package in the mail the night before, yet when I contacted him on the 21st he said he had only just mailed it a day or so before. These inconsistent statements lead me to conclude that USPS didn't "eat" it.
I'll gladly retract my feedback if I get it tomorrow or the next day, but anything later than that will just tell me that he mailed it today after reading this.

leannebug

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2010
the deep south
sometimes USPS eats packages. might need to account for that too.

:laugh: Don't we know that!!

I have sent two packages (unfortunately, NOT the one item kind) that were "eaten" by USPS. One of those was to Demon, ^^ up there! ;)

This has happened to me 2xs in the last month or so. The first time, on the day I finally prepared a second package to replace the first... lo and behold, it arrived! The second time it happened, the package is still MIA.
So, it does happen.

Also, some people are chronically slow (like myself). :( Especially, especially if I have to do more than just pop one thing in an envie. Or heaven-forbid, I have to make it... then it can take eons. :p

If he said he had just mailed it, I'm guessing he probably forgot, and hopefully dashed it into the mail that day! Maybe you'll get it in the next couple days.

Ever the hopeful,
LB

VD93

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 4, 2010
DFW Texas
8-13-2010, Post #5759

Then via PM 8/20 he told me he didn't mail it until later.

Perhaps it really is in the mail, I'm not ruling that out, but based on this I'm sure you can understand my skepticism. The man posted publicly that it had already been sent, and then said on the 20th he mailed it at some later point. I would be TOTALLY understanding if there weren't contradicting statements and 14 (tomorrow's mail will be 15) days without delivery.

At any rate, no huge deal. I just thought people should be aware that something is not right here.

VD93

Automaton

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
US
I'm really touched by how giving and trusting most people here are.

But I'm really thankful VD93 has posted this, regardless.

I am *not* an especially trusting person, and that was my biggest hurdle getting into PIF. I would say this community has done my view of humanity a lot of good. The fact that there is so little negative feedback is a miracle.

But at the same time, I am really glad people post about the negative experiences they have - which further highlights to me who I can trust. I go into it trying to trust everyone, but that isn't easy for me, and it's nice to know that someone will speak up when something goes wrong.

I admire how much you guys want to think the best - and who knows, maybe you're right. But under the circumstances, I have to assume this person, while maybe not a scammer, is at the least not organized enough to be doing PIF right now, and that's good to know.

So thank you VD93. I think 2 weeks is long enough to wait, especially with contradictory statements.

Sallana

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2010
the North Pole
www.lynnekirsch.com
I'm really touched by how giving and trusting most people here are.

But I'm really thankful VD93 has posted this, regardless.

I am *not* an especially trusting person, and that was my biggest hurdle getting into PIF. I would say this community has done my view of humanity a lot of good. The fact that there is so little negative feedback is a miracle.

But at the same time, I am really glad people post about the negative experiences they have - which further highlights to me who I can trust. I go into it trying to trust everyone, but that isn't easy for me, and it's nice to know that someone will speak up when something goes wrong.

I admire how much you guys want to think the best - and who knows, maybe you're right. But under the circumstances, I have to assume this person, while maybe not a scammer, is at the least not organized enough to be doing PIF right now, and that's good to know.

So thank you VD93. I think 2 weeks is long enough to wait, especially with contradictory statements.

It takes a seriously unorganized person to not be organized enough for PIF. lol. I am a disaster and I still manage! I have my 'spot' for outgoing mail and a box full of reuseable bubble mailers..

The problem is you can't lie. People don't like waiting, true. I try to make sure I get my PIF's out within 3 days of the acceptance, sometimes it doesn't happen. If you tell the truth, people might be a little aggravated, but they'll appreciate the honesty. You can't just say "Oh I mailed this today" and then a week later say "Oh I mailed it today" you end up in this thread :/ If he had said "I'm going through some stuff, I know it sucks but I'm gonna have to mail it next week." I'm sure VD would have been annoyed, but wouldn't have posted negative feedback. It's a drastic step and you really have to mess up to be here.

We just have to remember to be honest, and understanding. That's all.

Automaton

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
US
Sallana - You're absolutely right.

I'm an organizational nightmare, and the only thing that keeps me running more or less on time with PIF's is:

1. I don't do a ton of them, because I don't have a ton of stuff yet.

2. I don't expect anyone to trust me as a stranger more than I trust them as a stranger (and like I said, I'm not the most trusting person), so I try to do my best to earn their trust.

I don't care that much if something takes a bit of time to get mailed. If they're a well-known PIF'er, I rest easy. If they're newer, I admit, I get a little nervous. Just how I am.

But if they just tell me the truth, I'm a lot more likely to try to channel leannebug ( ;) ) and trust.

I am trying to not assume this person is a scammer - again, channeling The Bug. Maybe they are. But PIF has taught me that I need to be a little more optimistic than I am.

All the same, I know I will be weary if I see this person around again.

leannebug

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2010
the deep south
It takes a seriously unorganized person to not be organized enough for PIF. lol. I am a disaster and I still manage! I have my 'spot' for outgoing mail and a box full of reuseable bubble mailers..

<snip for space>.

Very well spoken Sallany! But this ^^ made me LOL.

I needed to buy a book to keep me organized and on track. When I got back from my trip Sunday night, I thought I had lost it!! :blink: I was going to have to post a thread! I was quite distraught that I couldn't find my "PIF bible" because it truly is a godsend, and I'd be lost lost lost without it!

EDIT: channeling The Bug... :laugh:
After I didn't get my first "lost" PIF, and I asked a few times, and had answers (but are they the truth.. will I ever really know?) I decided not to worry about the "INS" and just concentrate on the "OUTS". Then when I get something... It's a nice surprise :D

Last edited:

Automaton

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
US
I have a tubberware box with stuff to PIF/that I have PIF'ed, and paper taped on the lid, where I write in pencil what I'm sending, to whom, and the address. I write and erase as I go. Since I'm not a truly prolific PIF'er, this is doing me fine for now. I've never had more than 3 going on at a time.

But PIF bible... that's awesome. :D

I get really paranoid about stuff I send getting lost in the mail, or if I mess something up, or take a couple days to ship... I assume the person is going to think I'm a jerk. I guess I just hope that I will wind up with a good enough track record that if something really does get lost, they'll believe me.

This whole trusting thing is hard! And it's just as hard for me to not fret over letting someone down.

leannebug

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2010
the deep south
Simmi: Nope, I never heard. I sent her addy to Jules, I think she was going to write to her. She's still a member (I looked through the list today)

MN: my book is a journal, and it's been such a blessing!! Don't know what I would do without it!! I write down my "ins" and "outs" (though I often don't bother w/the ins anymore) and then my "boughts" too! Can't forget those. And I write in the addys too, then go back and transfer all my addys to a little addy book my kid gave me. SO I KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE... bwahahahahaha. :D
all kidding aside. I used to send my packages w/delievery confo, but after a few months of no problems, I decided it cost more to do that, than to replace an occasional package. If I'm sending something bigger (a mod for instance) or sending a second package, then yes, DC is worth it, but not on a regular PIF. I figure, if someone is that bad off, that they would need to lie (and I just can't imagine that) then they need it more than me.

Blaze

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2010
Kentucky
all kidding aside. I used to send my packages w/delievery confo, but after a few months of no problems, I decided it cost more to do that, than to replace an occasional package. If I'm sending something bigger (a mod for instance) or sending a second package, then yes, DC is worth it, but not on a regular PIF.
Use USPS shipping assistant, confo is only $.19 and you can print out FCM with it (you still gotta go to the PO to pay tho).

I figure, if someone is that bad off, that they would need to lie (and I just can't imagine that) then they need it more than me.

I'm not saying anyone in PIF now is this bad, but playing devil's advocate here, this only conjures memories of the Adam situation. BTW, did anyone that dealt with him get their stuff?

leannebug

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2010
the deep south
Use USPS shipping assistant, confo is only $.19 and you print out FCM with it (you still gotta go to the PO to pay tho).

What is FCM?

I'm not saying anyone in PIF now is this bad, but playing devil's advocate here, this only conjures memories of the Adam situation. BTW, did anyone that dealt with him get their stuff?

I think most of the 'losses' were covered by members of PIF.

I want to give Negative Feedback. But I dont know who I want to do it too. Maybe the auto message consumer service thingie that makes you punch buttons for 20 minutes before you get a real person.

There!! I said it and Im not taking it back

Dark in da House

:laugh: I hate those things! I usually end up yelling at them :p

GtrSoloist

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2010
USA
Use USPS shipping assistant, confo is only $.19 and you can print out FCM with it (you still gotta go to the PO to pay tho).

I use paypal multi-order shipping, which automagically tacks on delivery conf for 19 cents. Then I PM the person who it's going to with the tracking number so they can watch it too.

eBay habit, but I like being able to see where things are in the process... and I don't do a bunch of PIF's so...

LBug: FCM is First Class Mail. With Paypal shipping... I print and pay then I just have to give to postman or go to PO and drop it off. (which I have been doing because it's so hot.)

Youthful313

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2010
Ann Arbor/Ypsilanti, MI
I haven't PIF in so long :( It seems I have found my comfort zone in what I like and that I PIF so much when I first joined that I haven't seen stuff I have needed/wanted to try. I wish more ppl would put there own DIY juice up so I could try those. I haven't tried one bad DIY from anyone yet (I've had Jules (BBB), Lbugs (Atomic Bug),& Natura (Natura ecopure).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread