Not open for further replies.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Welcome to ecf.
May I suggest upping the amount of liquids you drink while vaping. It will help keep your mouth and throat hydrated and make vaping a little smoother. Plus it will also help to flush all of the toxins from cigarettes out of your body.

vaping is a journey not a sprint. You have already gotten a lot of good info so no need for me to repeat anything. Don't be shy, ask as many questions as you wish as many times as it takes.

Smoking was never this much fun and you won't find any friendlier or more helpful people to share in your journey as you will find here at ecf.

Good luck and stay in touch.

:)

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Welcome and congrats on starting vaping. You are getting great advice so I will just add +1 on the sore throat to start for me. It passed in about a week. Stay hydrated, I am a fan of chamomile tea with lemon and honey for the throat. Chamomile tea (IMHO) is more calming than any over the counter "thing" has any right to be. Helped me with the "wanting to chew through steel as I detoxed and quit" effect.

Best of luck to you, you are going to do fine! :)

Anna

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
hello! My name is Breanne and I look forward to switching to vaping over cigs. I eventually want to cut down on my nicotine and smoking anything in general because I want to have children in the next couple of years. I am absolutely clueless about vaping and a lot of information online has insider speak so it makes it difficult to understand. The young man at the vape shop I went to was real nice and patient with my questions. I normally smoke Marlboro smooth 100s about a pack a day but not quite. Yesterday I bought a smok Nord and 6mg chubby bubble mystery juice. From what I was reading it was correct for me to use the .6 coil for that juice? I think, but the 1.4 coil it also came with would be for salt nicotine? Please correct me if I am wrong. My brother also said I should have gotten salt nicotine juice first. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to the forum! Hopefully you can get all the info you need to stop smoking and start vaping here!!

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
As it turns out everyone that sore throat was the first sign of my full blown cold as of today oh joy lots of chamomile, lemon juice and honey today!

What an Incredible Stroke of Luck!

Because, IMO, the Easiest/Best time to Quit Smoking is Right After you have had a Cold.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
As it turns out everyone that sore throat was the first sign of my full blown cold as of today oh joy lots of chamomile, lemon juice and honey today!

As you progress into vaping and get farther away from your last cigarette you will begin to have fewer colds and respiratory issues. Lungs heal back to normal and the results of that will show on X-rays if your doctor orders one for diagnostic purposes.

After 9 years of vaping and not smoking I get occassional low level allergy symptoms during the pollen season, but far fewer colds and respiratory distress than I did smoking. The biggest plus is that I don't get out of breath after walking at a rapid pace across a parking lot.

chellie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
USA
Never thought of that before haha good point you don’t really want to smoke when you don’t feel well
Not me - I smoked all the time!! Thankfully, I did not get sick frequently, however, I remember being in bed with coffee (and Baileys) and smoking cigs. I smoked when I had tooth pulled. I smoked when I had a fever. Definitely was not a pretty sight! Glad I now vape. And after all this time I can now put down the vape and not freak out like I did with cigs.

Lots of folks do not smoke when they are sick so that is good for you - not that you are ill - but that it may be easier to stop smoking entirely. :)

You can do it!

Last edited:

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
..... I remember being in bed with coffee (and Baileys) and smoking cigs. ...

That sounds kind of awesome actually. Smoking in bed with alcohol involved is a good way to burn to death of course. Vaping in bed instead perhaps.. damn. No baileys...

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
Chamomile tea (IMHO) is more calming than any over the counter "thing" has any right to be.

Anna...I DO realize this is NOT ETF...(Extraordinary Tea Forum)...but...have you ever run across Hyssop Tea???

As a fella' who is lucky enough to have lived long enough to get to where I was getting up at least once a night for a bathroom trip...my GF encouraged me to try some of her Hyssop Tea...(which she had been drinking for relaxation)…

One cup at bedtime...and I sleep completely through the night...(like the proverbial baby)…

(I also wake up feeling much more rested...but that, of course, could be just "mental".)

https://www.needzly.com/product-search/?s=Hyssop+Tea

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I might try it.

If it actually works as advertised, I'm gonna have to do a medication interaction search, tho.

My mom is always prescribing/giving me like these Chinese Herbal supplements and she wanted me to get a blood STOPPER to use that is SO EFFECTIVE even VETS are using it on DOGS.

She had no clue a) what it was b) its mechanism of action c) what all meds I'm taking I just gave her a polite "okay Mommy" and pretended to write it down. I asked her to spell it. It's JUST easier, man.

Anna

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Welcome and glad you joined.
Could hold off vaping until your cold passes, it's harder to get into vaping when your taste is effected.
Pods,tube mod's etc.. can get pricey but worth the cost to wean you off smokes.
The information below may help you to obtain a good foundation of vaping knowledge.
Learn About Vaping Here - Everything Ecigs - From Beginner To Advanced
Learn What Vaping is and How to Inhale Properly - Vaping360
https://spinfuel.com/new-vapers-start/
ECigarette Academy: Essential Need to Know for New Vapers
Beginner Archives - Guide To Vaping
Vaping 101: An Ultimate Guide Focusing on Basics for Beginners
6 Quick & Useful Vaping Tips for Beginners
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/f...up-the-vaping-ladder-with-egos-and-mods.5058/
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/f...nk-or-what-a-guide-to-juice-attachments.3230/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread