NEW Dicodes Dani Box Mini

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGreekTitan

Verified Member
Mar 2, 2011
USA
You won’t be disappointed bud. If your an MTL vaper the kayfun Prime is meant to be king, I like a restricted lung hit, for me the kayfun 5 & 5s are perfect.

I’ve tried many tanks since the K5 was released, Skyline, Taifun GTIII, Squape [e]motion and x dream, always go back to my kayfuns.

Goes from a dark grey to black depending on the lighting bud, these are Titan
View attachment 740561

Thanks again, very helpful. My vaping style is all over the place depending on my mood and situation. Gonna keep the Kabukis' on my Radii, and go for a more restricted DTL on the Dicodes. So gonna check out the Kayfun 5 and 5s. I've known about Svoemesto for years, just never grabbed one. I believe now is the time.

I just picked up an Vicious Ant Spade, plus a couple higher end bf atties a couple weeks ago, and here we go again. Sigh, it never ends.

RayofLight62

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2015
Kent - United Kingdom
I have the Dani box v 1 (60 W).
Better build quality than Radius, the Dicodes electronics is incomparably better than anything from China, including Yihi.
I never regretted buy, as you can feel the difference under all aspects. High end, this is the highest.

Arome

May 23, 2018
@HandsomeStan I'm thinking of purchasing one of the 2, the Mini doesn't restock until the end of July atm. Currently I have a Yihi Mini MX, and wanted to try dicodes.

Size wise, which fits best in the hand? Is the v2 too large? I wouldn't mind its size to wrap my hand/fingers around. Looking for one to best fit my kayfun prime :) I normally don't go over 25W in TC mode.

michaelz1984

Jun 26, 2018
@HandsomeStan I'm thinking of purchasing one of the 2, the Mini doesn't restock until the end of July atm. Currently I have a Yihi Mini MX, and wanted to try dicodes.

Size wise, which fits best in the hand? Is the v2 too large? I wouldn't mind its size to wrap my hand/fingers around. Looking for one to best fit my kayfun prime :) I normally don't go over 25W in TC mode.
my prime on my blue mini :)

Attachments

• 20180626_211615.jpg
    20180626_211615.jpg
    933.3 KB · Views: 311

bask

ECF Veteran
Dec 17, 2012
The Euroneous Zone
my prime on my blue mini :)
Daaang… That is exactly what I had in mind. It sure be pretty. I’ve been refreshing my local shop’s site for weeks now. :facepalm:
*mentally repeating: Patience is a virtue, patience is a virtue, patience is a virtue…

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
I have never owned a Dicode, and I have a question. I saw a review the other day, it mainly was using one of the larger ones to describe how the menu worked. He just barely mentioned the Standard mode, (wattage Mode) if I was just going to use it that way, would I really have to mess with that complicated menu? :?: I think most of what he was talking about was temp control mode, the review was a hour and a half long. I would just be using a Kayfun (either a lite or a Prime) in low wattage. :unsure:

Thanks
KAS

Reactions: stols001

RayofLight62

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2015
Kent - United Kingdom
My Dicodes has a menu option so you can disable all the temperature control options, and use it as a simple power-only mod.
The menu structure is slightly different from those of Chinese mods, but --once you get familiar with it- it's very straightforward.
Machining, conversion efficiency, precision of the temperature, stability of the cold reference... I never stop appraising my mod every time I use it.
I regret that Dicodes refused to have an onboard battery charger, while they ask $ 90 + for the proprietary docking charger.

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
I only had one devise until recently that had an internal charger, my Radius. I did just recently get a Vapeman Steam Engine, but I just change the batteries. I really don't care one way or another, it takes like one minute to swap them. It will not change my desire to get one of these, if not two. I just need to make sure I can pay all my other bills first. :unsure:

KAS

Psihoza

Jun 8, 2018
Croatia
I really don't care one way or another, it takes like one minute to swap them. It will not change my desire to get one of these, if not two. I just need to make sure I can pay all my other bills first. :unsure:
KAS
I understand many dont mind external chargers, multiple batteries and other workarrounds. But again, this is in super-premium class. Its annoyance.
For me personally, I'm on the move constantly. And my mod is not the only device I charge (mobile, laptop, pico mod, sometimes tablet). Now I'm forced to bring another battery (then care about battery sleeve and safety) and for longer trips another battery charger?
All my devices charge over the same usb charger. I charge them home, 2 offices, in car, in scooter. When traveling I use external 10000 mAh batt for all of them. Even my phone can be used to charge other devices. I never ever run out of power.
Im affraid sooner or later I'd be left with empty Dicodes. And that's all I'd need to start hating it and throwing yhr damn thing out of window.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
I understand many dont mind external chargers, multiple batteries and other workarrounds. But again, this is in super-premium class. Its annoyance.
For me personally, I'm on the move constantly. And my mod is not the only device I charge (mobile, laptop, pico mod, sometimes tablet). Now I'm forced to bring another battery (then care about battery sleeve and safety) and for longer trips another battery charger?
All my devices charge over the same usb charger. I charge them home, 2 offices, in car, in scooter. When traveling I use external 10000 mAh batt for all of them. Even my phone can be used to charge other devices. I never ever run out of power.
Im affraid sooner or later I'd be left with empty Dicodes. And that's all I'd need to start hating it and throwing yhr damn thing out of window.
This mod (in blue) has to be the best looking mod I've ever seen. And since it's so small, and Dicodes quality rep, it's the first mod I ever would have considered spending that kind of $ on. I thought it was odd, too, that they didn't have on-board charging. I mean, with their circuitry- like a DNA, I would think it'd actually be safer than most external chargers. But now I know why - they want to sell you this. At the current price, no usb, tiny display, I think I'm out, too. My search for a great small mod continues.
upload_2018-7-14_12-44-1.png

Psihoza

Jun 8, 2018
Croatia
... And if you happen to have 2 different Dicodes, you have to change pads for the charger so each can fit the charger correctly. In that case charger stops being "standing" charger and again makes it easier to simply use a cable and a plug. This just further limits already limited use cases for this overpriced charger.

Reactions: Brewdawg1181

RayofLight62

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2015
Kent - United Kingdom
From the little Dicodes said about the design choice of not including an internal charger, I understand their aim is to produce an item meant to last for decades of use, and a charge port would defeat this.

I agree on this, even if I may not like it.

My critic to Dicodes, at this point, please avoid the money-making exercise with a separate and very expensive charging cradle.

Please bundle the battery charger with the mod, asking the customer that little more for the necessary accessory - not 90 pounds; please realise how your marketing puts off many well-versed customers of yours, me included.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
From the little Dicodes said about the design choice of not including an internal charger, I understand their aim is to produce an item meant to last for decades of use, and a charge port would defeat this.
That may be what they said about it, but I'm (literally) not buying it. Put in a high quality Type C USB, and customers can use an adapter and use it for many years. And even if/when the port fails, you still have a functional mod - just replace the batteries like you have to now. And it's kind of hard to believe anyone will be using a current mod (even super high quality) in decades to come. With coming battery technology advancements, the 18650 is likely to go the way of dial-up modems. Their potential failure premise sniffs of a convenient excuse to push the charger. It's a shame, that blue one would look gorgeous sitting on my desk with a Doggy on it.:(

Psihoza

Jun 8, 2018
Croatia
What I have read in a review is that safety was the reason. To be able to export to some markets (regulations) and/or to avoid law suites in cases of disaster. Dont take me up on this, cannot remember exactly and cannot find a review.

Either way, I dont buy it either. I still own Samsung s3 and after 6 years of daily charging still works great. Or you can play with magnetic charger adapter. And all this can be combined with current charging method - bottom plug for standup charger - which then could be cheaper (connected to standard usb charger which would make standup charger just a fancy piece of plastic).

Again, would never comment like this a budget device, but super premium? I dont think ive seen any mod that is more expensive. So I expect it all.

• Agree
Reactions: Skwij
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread