New KR808 EGO

Status
Not open for further replies.

McDougal

ECF Veteran
Nov 14, 2011
Louisville, KY
I wasn't aware before today that there is now a KR808 Ego battery. I found it through this link: 808 eGo Mega Dual Coil 900mAh Pass-through - Complete Kit

I'm excited, because I'm a big 808 fan. To me, the cartos are vastly superior to the 510 and others.

Has anyone bought this, and if so, what is the best deal you've found on this? Smoketek has a 2 Ego batt passthrough setup with 3 dual coil cartos. Will regular low resistance cartos work ok with this?

Last edited:

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
Ok so this new 808 Ego is looking better and better. i think im leaning toward the non-pass thru version though. i dont see the passthru available on its own and im not looking to get a big ol kit. just the 808 ego and a charger is all i need.

ANYWAY...does anoyone know if the 808 ego is regulated? also...does it have a cutoff?

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
thanks Morindar sir. im enjoying getting schooled on the differences between the _Go's. so youre saying that the new 808 is basically a vgo. i wonder why the manufacturer would bother going through the trouble of making a clone. must be different manufacturers competing i guess.

the 808 ego is most appealing to me out of all the go's simply because of the non-tapered cartomizers. and of course the fact that its 808 threaded.

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
i also see an ego charger that puts out 420 mah on smoktek. it says it works on a bunch of egos from 650+ but for some reason, rob soesnt have the 808 ego listed on that charger. only the 200mah one lists the 8080ego. i emailed him but he hasnt replied.

well he replied and said the 808 ego chargers will be in in a week. i was hoping the 420 mAh would be like a rapid charger for the 650mAh ego but he didnt mention that. i guess ill just get the normal charger. Morandir if your reading this- what would happen if i used the 420mAh charger on the 650mAh 808 ego?

Morandir835

Idiot Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2011
Outside DC
Kemosabe sir my guess would be it will be a fast charger when it comes in. The vgo uses a fast charger just like the ego with a kr808 connection. Using an ego charger via an adapter really shouldn't hurt it, it's the same batt as a 510 ego with a pt connection, just different threading. Could possibly damage it (only say that because haven't personally tested it to verify) but the odds of it are slim to none.

Charlz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2011
upstate NY
I thought the Echo was an 808 Ego.:confused:

the echo is an automatic fat bat made by hangsen. If you enjoy auto KR8s this thing is awesome for a fat bat option.

McDougal, I feel somewhat responsible for you investigating this link. I sort of posted it as a joke (notice how Spaceballs replied with an "lol"). I might point to this device to those wanting a manual 808 and who spend a lot of hours at a computer because voltage regulation is a moot point if it's plugged into a power source. I have no idea if it's regulated or even if it is a quality unit. I have not seen anyone on the forums "praising jesus" that they got the 808 ego.

I does have an interest to me though because it is the only fat bat "plug and go" 808 I have seen......

Charlz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2011
upstate NY
Morandir sir - the charger for the 808ego on smoktek's website says 200 mAh output, but theyre sold out. will my 150 mAh output slim KR batt charger work?

My echo comes standard with a 150mah charger. It just takes a very long time to charge. Like 8hrs for an 1100mah. It fits my schedule, I use it all day and charge it at night so I'm fine with it.
I did use my old kr8 150mah on one of my echos. At the end the battery light went out as normal but the charger light stayed red. next day, I only got half a day out of the battery and it took 2 times of draining it completely and charging it on the right charger to return it to normal so I never did that again

Pav

ECF Veteran
Aug 26, 2009
Detroit Rock City
I'm excited, because I'm a big 808 fan. To me, the cartos are vastly superior to the 510 and others.

Interesting since I love the Ego batteries and have been using 510 cartos and KR8 cartos (with adapter). I don't really see a difference between 510 and KR8 cartos though. I use Boge LR. What makes you think the KR8 cartos are "vastly superior"? They pretty much seem like the same thing to me but with two different threading. I usually purchase mine from Litecig or Puresmoker.

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
Rob from Smoktek replied to my email and said that the 150mAh slim KR8 charger will work, but take 4x as long. i dont know what 1x is so 4x doesnt provide me with a value. im guessing that 3hrs is 1x so maybe this thing needs 12 hrs? yikes. i sure hope this thing was shipped with at least some sort of charge cuz im about to rip it off the charger and get me some VAPE!!

the big question (which Rob keeps avoiding for some reason) is will the charger for the 808e-Go passthrough work on the regular 808e-Go? the passthru charger is 420mAh, while the non-passthru charger is 200 mAh. shouldnt the passthrough and the regular battery be the same? does this make sense to anyone??

My echo comes standard with a 150mah charger. It just takes a very long time to charge. Like 8hrs for an 1100mah. It fits my schedule, I use it all day and charge it at night so I'm fine with it.
I did use my old kr8 150mah on one of my echos. At the end the battery light went out as normal but the charger light stayed red. next day, I only got half a day out of the battery and it took 2 times of draining it completely and charging it on the right charger to return it to normal so I never did that again

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
take a look at this product: 808 eGo Mega Dual Coil 900mAh Pass-through - Complete Kit

it shows the 808e-Go passthrough kit. the charger (not the usb passthrough cable) is a 420mAh charger. i was wondering if that charger would work with non-passthrough 808e-Go batteries. i dont see why it wouldnt. however, that charger is not available on its own. neither is the 808 e-Go passthrough battery. the only way to get them is in the kit, which is sold out. it makes me think that either the 420mAh charger only works on the 808 eGo passthrough, or that maybe Rob only gets them in a bundled kit. either way he wont answer my question. he claims hes confused as to what im asking. i didnt believe him, but you also said you were confused so i guess he was too. do you understand my question?

keep in mind: i have the 808eGo battery. not the 808eGo passthrough battery.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread