The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

New member with a question!

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by Rickitycricket, Sep 20, 2019.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Rickitycricket

Rickitycricket New Member

Sep 20, 2019
    Hey guys! I'm fairly new to the vaping community. I've smoked cigarettes for 5 or 6 years. 8 months ago I've switched to a Smok Nord vape pen. I had no problems thus far until recently. I used the 7 Daze Magnetic Worm juice which was great. So I decided to try the Magnetic Rock juice. All my juice is 3mg Nicotine. Since trying the Magnetic Rock I've been noticing an odd flavour. Really sharp that kind of burns my nose a little. Same way that bleach would. I switched to another juice and changed my coil, but its still there. I know what a bad coil tastes like and its not like this. Any ideas on what I'm tasting and how to get rid of it? Thanks everyone in advance.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. Eskie

Eskie ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 6, 2016
    NY
    You might need a new pod in addition to replacing the coil. The prior flavor may still be retained in the plastic of the pod itself. The problem with plastic pods is they can get dirty and hold onto flavors more than glass will and are not easily cleaned, so replacement becomes the option of the day.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. bombastinator

bombastinator ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    8 months is a long time for a SMOK mod. Generally they don’t last that long. Other brands usually last longer, but they often don’t.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Rickitycricket

Rickitycricket New Member

Sep 20, 2019
    Thanks guys! I'll try and change out the pod. If not I'll just buy another pen. They arent expensive anyway. Appreciate the input!

• Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 1
  5. somdcomputerguy

somdcomputerguy vaper dedicato Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Welcome to ECF, Rickitycricket.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. MJCSD

MJCSD Ultra Member ECF Veteran

May 7, 2014
    usa
    Hello and welcome to ecf

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Opinionated

Opinionated Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain
    Welcome to ECF!

• Like Like x 1
  8. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    It's also just a thought but all flavorings are different. It's possible your new flavor just doesn't play nicely with your vape, is very highly flavored and/or sweetened and burning on the coil. Finally, some juices are known as plastic "tank crackers" and your new juice may be sort of eating away at your pod and that would be bad. You would not want to be inhaling the results of THAT.

Trial and error I guess. Good luck,

Anna7

• Like Like x 3
  9. FlyerTom

FlyerTom Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 21, 2009
    Nor'Eastern PA
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  10. BrotherBob

BrotherBob ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Dec 24, 2014