New Provari V2 reveals the Lava Tube to be... well, crap!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I made a deal with myself. "You can buy the Provari if you promise to quit those last 6 or 8 cigs a day".

So far, it's been 5 days and I've never looked back. It was a non-event! I found that quitting those last crutch cigarettes was easy.

I justified the Provari on that premise. It was to be my reward for getting off the last cancer sticks in my life. I looked long and hard at the Lavatube and almost jumped. Two things steered me toward the Provari. One was stainless steel construction and the other was the V2's 3.5 amp current limit. A plus was stateside service and upgradability. They are upgrading V1's to V2 for 20 bucks these days. If the atomizer threads wear out, I can send it in and have the top cap replaced. I don't see that happening, though. SS threads will likely just wear the thread on the cartos, which are frequently replaced anyway.

The vape is the same on all vv mods. I just liked the SS construction of the Provari and it was to be my new toy reward for completely letting go of tobacco. Call it my graduation present to myself!

Last edited:

John D in CT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Connecticut
Just pulled out my knock off ego after not using it for a couple months. It has revealed that the Provari V2 is, well, Crap!

Yeah, well my Greensmokes clone makes your ego look like the dog turd that it is.

Now let's just make sure we're all just having fun here. Remember Syria, and being happy with having what makes you happy.

ObsceneJesster

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2012
Baltimore
I've got a "smoking everywhere" batt that will put you all to shame ;)

Every time someone mentions that company I cringe. They have a kiosk at every local mall within 30 miles surrounding me. They sell their so called Gold Kit for $350 which includes 2 batteries, one charger, one atomizer and 20 pre-filled cartridges. They try selling extra batteries for $60. Highway robbery.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Even my $35 plastic vv box mod produces a great vape. My eGo is nice with a Boge 2.0 carto. I guess you could vape by dripping onto a hot light bulb and get good vapor, too (if it didn't suddenly pop ... I wouldn't try it without safety glasses).

It's all about getting the proper heat to the juice and channeling it so that you can inhale. Provari is just a nice way to do it. Any way you cut it, vaping is eventually far cheaper than buying cigarettes (4 or less cartons of cigs = a Provari). Hopefully, we will avoid the medical bills associated with smoking related disease, also.

The funny part is that most of us spend the price of an upper end mod by trying everything under the sun looking for the perfect vape. I wish I had known two years ago what I know now. At least I have a good collection of backups!

Last edited:

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Albemarle, North Carolina
Every time someone mentions that company I cringe. They have a kiosk at every local mall within 30 miles surrounding me. They sell their so called Gold Kit for $350 which includes 2 batteries, one charger, one atomizer and 20 pre-filled cartridges. They try selling extra batteries for $60. Highway robbery.

Goodness! I do hope you know I was joking LOL! I paid $108 for my "kit" that included one batt, one atty, a charger and some prefilled cartridges! It tasted horrible! But it did get me to researching. I actually did some research before I bought it but didn't find this forum, I wanted to try one in person before I bought anything.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
There is a huge difference at smoking at 5v then 3.7v. I remembere trying my friends 5volt and another 6volt and that made me switch to a 3.7 with a LR atmoizer. It is like smoking the 5v. I didn't know what i was missing. Smoking 3.7 volt with a SR atmomizer and a LR atomizer is night and day and I will never go back! I have like 7 atomizers that are standard just sitting in my drawer. On the ocasion I will use a SR just to "try and finish them up" but after a few drops I say "screw it".

Put those standard atomizers on a vv mod and set it to 4.2v-4.5v or thereabouts and you have the equal to a LR atty on a 3.7v battery. The vape can be achieved if you can produce the wattage you need.

Click to open a larger and more readable chart. Find the voltage and resistance and read the wattage produced by the combination.
Safe Power and Vaping Chart

ObsceneJesster

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2012
Baltimore
Goodness! I do hope you know I was joking LOL! I paid $108 for my "kit" that included one batt, one atty, a charger and some prefilled cartridges! It tasted horrible! But it did get me to researching. I actually did some research before I bought it but didn't find this forum, I wanted to try one in person before I bought anything.

LOL...Yes I knew you were joking. By the way, I believe that company you are referring to changed their name to "Smoke Free".

Seattle40

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 19, 2011
Seattle,Wa
  • Deleted by Unforeseen
  • Reason: Off Topic

ChrispyCritter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2011
West of Rochester,N.Y.