The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

New squonkers

Discussion in 'Liquid Feed APV Discussion' started by DeloresRose, Jun 3, 2019.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. jifjifjif

jifjifjif Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 11, 2011
    Vape Canaveral, FL
    Totes agree. It does get stale. I think your new method is going to work better.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Susaz

Susaz Vaping Master ECF Veteran

That one says original and is engraved. For the price I might not be so far off...

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Zaryk

Zaryk Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 25, 2018
    Ohio
    I mostly use one flavor all the time, maybe once a month I will do a squonk bottle full of a different flavor, so I only use one device at a time. When I do swap devices I pull the wicks, dry burn and clean the coil, wash my squonk bottle, and clean up my contacts or do any general maintenance.

I've heard those are the OK ones. The other one (painted white lettering) had button issues and auto fire issues from my understanding.

I've been using my DS (authentic) daily since I got it almost a month ago. It's a great mod. The plastic bottles leave a bit to be desired (I fitted some silicone lost vape bottles to it) but the mod itself is awesome.

• Like Like x 1
  4. b.m.

b.m. Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 30, 2014
    Ohio
    Yeah,the one you linked is the same as i got,only mine is green,but same one.Like i mentioned,i had no issues with the button,but i only used it a few times though.

• Like Like x 1
  5. HigherStateD

HigherStateD Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 11, 2019
    Aaaaaannnd.....

My new squonk....
    15743964891334400263279340216207.jpg

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 3
  6. AngeNZ

AngeNZ Squonkaholic ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Congrats :thumb:

It looks comfy to hold and use too

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. HigherStateD

Mar 11, 2019
    Yah know, I am really trying to like it... But other than the ruggedness, I still prefer the topside. In many ways, it's a lateral move, as both have at least one screw off cap that'll end up getting lost, and no 2x700 support is definitely a loss, and, as for hand feel, I've become accustomed to the double barrel feel. I do like having stealth mode and 5° temp control.

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. AngeNZ

AngeNZ Squonkaholic ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Yep - if the Geekvape squonk mod had 21700 support, it would at least compete with the topside a bit better

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. HigherStateD

Mar 11, 2019
    Couldn't agree more. Imaging the size though....
    1574467411431856993233358231940.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Mordacai

Mordacai Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jan 16, 2019
    UK
    @HigherStateD, less flash and more ambient lighting please. As the glare and insufficient lighting means you've lost a load of detail.

But using a 21700 cell as the choice of cell for the Aegis Squonk wouldn't add much to the dimensions, that's if you let engineers design it. As in a lot of mods, there's wasted space that could be used. Board, wiring, 510 and battery compartment only use so much.

The only complaint about using a 21700 over an 18650 I hear being mentioned by folks, was the extra weight it would add. No joke!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. HigherStateD

Mar 11, 2019
    @Mordacai here ya go. Now you can truly see how beat up my topside is. IMG_20191123_131627.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  12. Mordacai

Mordacai Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jan 16, 2019
    UK
    Thanks for that @HigherStateD, much better.

But it seems the Aegis goes for width and depth and the Topside goes for height, biggest question is though is what's the weight comparison?

13. HigherStateD

Mar 11, 2019
    15745623164892692267678018883829.jpg
    Weight goes to the aegis, of course.
    Space age plastic vs aluminum and zinc... Wins every time...

TBH, I find myself liking the heft all but first thing in the morning.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. DeloresRose

DeloresRose Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Apr 25, 2014
    toledo ohio
    I use a RDA 2-3 days then clean/rewick it. I have 4-5 flavors going all the time, the same bunch. So bottles aren’t a big issue, I just keep filling them. I have duplicates of most of my mods, so I can pull the bottle from one Luna and pop it in another, if that’s the flavor I want. I’ve only had I think 3 bottles where the juice sat a while and tasted flat, so I dumped it and washed it out.

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.