Status
Not open for further replies.

jifjifjif

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 11, 2011
Vape Canaveral, FL
I have again the same problem... Too many devices in rotation, when I go pick one up to vape it's stale. As of late, when I finish using a squonker I rinse the atty, pull the wicking out and rinse the bottle before putting it onto the shelf. What do you do? Does it taste stale if you let a wicked rda sit for 2 or 3 days?
Totes agree. It does get stale. I think your new method is going to work better.

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
I remember seeing discussions about that.I may be wrong,but i think i remember a few saying the clone with the wording painted in white was really bad,but the one that's engraved like the original was pretty decent.I have the engraved version,and didn't have any issues with the switch,but i also only used it a handful of times because i just don't like the size of it,so that could be why i never had switch problems haha.
That one says original and is engraved. For the price I might not be so far off...

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
I have again the same problem... Too many devices in rotation, when I go pick one up to vape it's stale. As of late, when I finish using a squonker I rinse the atty, pull the wicking out and rinse the bottle before putting it onto the shelf. What do you do? Does it taste stale if you let a wicked RDA sit for 2 or 3 days?

I mostly use one flavor all the time, maybe once a month I will do a squonk bottle full of a different flavor, so I only use one device at a time. When I do swap devices I pull the wicks, dry burn and clean the coil, wash my squonk bottle, and clean up my contacts or do any general maintenance.

Guys! The original is a mean machine, has anyone bought (or known) about the clone? Too good to pass by, and I do need a two battery squonker...

Driptech-DS Style Red Mechanical Squonk Mod + Goon 1.5 Style RDA Kit
I've heard those are the OK ones. The other one (painted white lettering) had button issues and auto fire issues from my understanding.

I've been using my DS (authentic) daily since I got it almost a month ago. It's a great mod. The plastic bottles leave a bit to be desired (I fitted some silicone lost vape bottles to it) but the mod itself is awesome.

Reactions: Susaz

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
Phoenixville, PA, U.S. of A.
Aaaaaannnd.....

My new squonk....
15743964891334400263279340216207.jpg

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
Congrats :thumb:

It looks comfy to hold and use too
Yah know, I am really trying to like it... But other than the ruggedness, I still prefer the topside. In many ways, it's a lateral move, as both have at least one screw off cap that'll end up getting lost, and no 2x700 support is definitely a loss, and, as for hand feel, I've become accustomed to the double barrel feel. I do like having stealth mode and 5° temp control.

• Useful
Reactions: AngeNZ

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Yah know, I am really trying to like it... But other than the ruggedness, I still prefer the topside. In many ways, it's a lateral move, as both have at least one screw off cap that'll end up getting lost, and no 2x700 support is definitely a loss, and, as for hand feel, I've become accustomed to the double barrel feel. I do like having stealth mode and 5° temp control.

Yep - if the Geekvape squonk mod had 21700 support, it would at least compete with the topside a bit better

Mordacai

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 16, 2019
    UK
    @HigherStateD, less flash and more ambient lighting please. As the glare and insufficient lighting means you've lost a load of detail.

But using a 21700 cell as the choice of cell for the Aegis Squonk wouldn't add much to the dimensions, that's if you let engineers design it. As in a lot of mods, there's wasted space that could be used. Board, wiring, 510 and battery compartment only use so much.

The only complaint about using a 21700 over an 18650 I hear being mentioned by folks, was the extra weight it would add. No joke!

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 11, 2019
    15745623164892692267678018883829.jpg
    Thanks for that @HigherStateD, much better.

But it seems the Aegis goes for width and depth and the Topside goes for height, biggest question is though is what's the weight comparison?
    Weight goes to the aegis, of course.
    Space age plastic vs aluminum and zinc... Wins every time...

TBH, I find myself liking the heft all but first thing in the morning.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 25, 2014
    toledo ohio
    Totes agree. It does get stale. I think your new method is going to work better.

I use a RDA 2-3 days then clean/rewick it. I have 4-5 flavors going all the time, the same bunch. So bottles aren’t a big issue, I just keep filling them. I have duplicates of most of my mods, so I can pull the bottle from one Luna and pop it in another, if that’s the flavor I want. I’ve only had I think 3 bottles where the juice sat a while and tasted flat, so I dumped it and washed it out.

• Agree
    Reactions: AngeNZ
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread