Katana by POC ~ Show and Tell :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yellowman1972

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2010
Seattle
I bought 2 bottles with 5 different gauge needles from provape for 9.00. Work perfect on my Orion n my katana

no joke rwechsler I have still been playing with figuring out the right siz of wick lately I have been cutting my length of wick right around 45mm long and probly 30 mm wide but I rinse my mesh in instant hot boiling water then finger wipe it dry. then I put juice on it and burnit as soon as the fire goes out I put drops of juice on it to build the oxi and its still so hot it vapes as it coats the wick one end to the other.

ps does anyone have a reference or hookup for a long blunt needled tip for syringes that fit the original hole in the v3 for filling. I modded a needle tip bottle and a different blunt tip needle that fit inside the needle tip bottle needle to extend it so I didn't have to tamper my wick and coil setup when refilling. (due to me liking the longer wick setup for holding reserve juice when I just reef on it like im chuggin a beer.)

Arctherus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
California
So guys I got my katana in today!
Everything is great, except I can't get it to fire :(
The battery is really wiggly in there. When I press the battery switch, and wiggle it, the battery moves up and down, which I would say means the battery isn't making contact with the switch or mod. I was wondering what would solve this?
I am using a AW IMR 18650 battery if that helps.

Last edited:

loft

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2011
CT
I have 2000 mah IMRs and they fit in mine, no rattling .... :confused:

Ideally you'd want to unscrew the tube to the point where the button will bottom out on the little lip underneath the locking threads, but mine works fine without having to do this. If you use a spacer, you wouldn't be able to screw it in that far unless you tighten it too much and squish the nipple on the battery. I put NoAlox on the threads for the switch and that resolved any conductivity issues I had.

the ob

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2011
Portlandia
So guys I got my katana in today!
Everything is great, except I can't get it to fire :(
The battery is really wiggly in there. When I press the battery switch, and wiggle it, the battery moves up and down, which I would say means the battery isn't making contact with the switch or mod. I was wondering what would solve this?
I am using a AW IMR 18650 battery if that helps.

one thing that might help. Unscrew the tube with the switch on there and drop the battery in. they screw this piece on to the top part.

Armen

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
Los Angele,CA
Ok here is a helpful hint for beginners
before wrapping your coil put a thin paperclip threw the wick with batteries out then wrap your coil, it ensures that you will not have to worry about chocking the wick you can also put in a 18 or 20 gauge needle when wrapping, this really help alot with coil wrapping and wicking and for wicking make sure you leave about 2mm space from the bottom of your wick so air gets in there to help with wicking. this is my experience and it works try it and let me know what you think

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread