New TC mod - Invader mini - specs online!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
@awsum140 I take it the scope readings were good? If so, that's great, because this is the first and quite possibly only time that Busardo will scope a ChiDNA40.

If this read well we can be pretty confident that all the others with the same Rayn board will as well.

(I suppose there's some chance he'll do the Mini VF as that's an original design - well, sort of, if one doesn't think about the 'VF' part too much! But I'm seeing no sign of that being sold outside China as yet.)

essentially identical behaviour to the DNA40 authentics! Mine relly works very well aside from the glitches I have alluded to. Some of these seem to have been corrected in the latest versions. It really is a pretty good device!

TheBloke

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2015
Brighton, UK
Really hoping they launch a v3 of this thing to include a resistance lock feature.

Resistance Lock is not yet found on any of the Chinese DNA 40 clones, which is what the Heatvape Invader Mini uses.

It's possible that that feature might be added to future clone chips, and also possible that Heatvape might use a genuine DNA 40 for future devices - though if they did the price would almost certainly increase a lot as the current Heatvape costs not much more than a DNA 40 chip on its own. Or they could move away from DNA 40 entirely and use the cheaper of the Yihi chips, the same one as the IPV4.

Depends how long the next revision takes, I suppose - if it's not for months then it could have any number of big improvements.

tchavei

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Portugal
Thanks for the info. Going to check around a bit more before ordering. I really need a rugged mod for the season :/

Regards
Tony

Sent from my keyboard through my phone or something like that.

dangaranga

ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2015
Metro Detroit, MI
Well initial impressions are great, temp control wise it works absolutely wonderful. also built my first nickel coil and that too is going great. downside is, it appears to not want to leave temp control mode. Tried .5 and .3 ohm atlantis coils and it tries to register a temp but doesn't quite work out. but thats not a game changer for me, as i will have it dedicated for temp control. Currently building a twisted 30 awg nickel coil to go into an atlantis v2 coil so we shall see how that pans out, but vaporshark nickel coils will be on order.

Croak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2012
Right behind you...
It's possible that that feature might be added to future clone chips, and also possible that Heatvape might use a genuine DNA 40 for future devices - though if they did the price would almost certainly increase a lot as the current Heatvape costs not much more than a DNA 40 chip on its own. Or they could move away from DNA 40 entirely and use the cheaper of the Yihi chips, the same one as the IPV4.

Depends how long the next revision takes, I suppose - if it's not for months then it could have any number of big improvements.

I doubt most mod makers in China will source a genuine Evolv board, even if Evolv slashes prices to be competitive with Shenzhen manufactured clones (which they CAN'T do unless they drop their strong warranty and ditch their US-only production).

Heatvape might switch suppliers too. They could go with the source of the better-featured SKX/Geeco/Yosen/Infinite TC board, for instance. There's no longer any secret sauce in temp control, and you can bet China is simply going to stop making plain old VW/VV boards in short order, when the cost of goods for a TC-capable board is no higher than a VW/VV only board. In six months to a year I reckon there won't be any new regulated products coming out of Shenzhen that don't have some form of TC, with the Rayn boards from earlier this year being at the bottom end of features and wattage. The only VW/VV devices you'll be able to buy will be legacy old stock, or new Innokin mods still struggling along behind the curve.

And even Innokin will move eventually, even if they are the Provape of Asia. :)

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
I have to admit I'm not totally thrilled with TC. I'm not sure if it's the Ni200 adding/changing my flavors, the open draw and large chimney of my modified Fogger V6 or something else going on. I will say it keeps coils far cleaner and far longer. I check the coils when I refilled yesterday and they look almost pristine after eight tanks worth. In a VW mod they'd be getting black and gunky by now. Maybe I need to try titanium. I don't think I'd bother with commercially made Ni coils, but that's just me.

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
I owned one for just over a week and sold it as temp control was not a happy place for me. I used the Kanger NI200 disposable coils and I just could not find a happy and consistent vape. Maybe I need to experiment more :)
I have found that for a warmish vape, you need to crank up the temp to 500F and give it plenty of wattage 30 or so to get hese kanger coils to perform. They are very flaky though. I am hoping the new vertical coil versions will be better. Its the same with the Atlantis Ni coils. Very cool vape unless you crank them up!

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
Maybe that's why I stick to RTAs. I get a nice warm vape at 400 and 30 watts. Now, if I can get the flavor problem straightened out, I'll be good to go.
Yup! The RBA builds on the subtank mini are much warmer than the premade heads. Interesting!!

Reactions: awsum140

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
I would guess that at 500 degrees the coil is burning the liquid and gunking up very rapidly. Sounds like a great way to sell lots of more expensive replacement heads to me, but then I am a cynic.
it doesnt do that so I guess the temp is really not accurate in this context! They last for ages!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread