New Variable Voltage device from smoktech?

Status
Not open for further replies.

franck9133

Aug 25, 2011
France
there is the specs

Features:
VMax can be adjusted from 3.0-6.0V volts in 0.1 volt increments.
Built-in three digit display allows you to visually adjust your voltage.
VMax holds two specially designed 18350 High Power batteries.
VMax is made of brass painted with black/silver.
VMax PCB allows 5 Amperage output limit.
VMax buttom never get stucked which flexble 360° turnning aroun

MickeyRat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2011
Hickory, NC
I'm using a lava tube and am looking for a device to check the resistance of the atomiser as I've got mine in a muddle will this be able to do it without a mortgage?

I don't see any indication the display is for anything but, voltage. I use a multimeter. You shouldn't need to ohm an atty all that often.

DaFreeK

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2012
Osijek, Croatia
Newbish question: I've not learned to rock and roll the ohms and volts and amps yet. My question about this device is: at 5 amps, is it able to provide full voltage to dual coil cartos? From what I understand, others, like Lavatube, drop the voltage on dual coils? Thx in advance...

Yes, they should be able to provide full voltage.
I think the lavatube has a 2.5A cuttoff (or maybe less, don't know for sure)

BTW GotVapes announced this PV to be in their store (but don't know when)

GeminII

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2012
Nashville, TN
Ahh...NICE. I'm a two-week old vaper, but am eyeing mods LOL. VV appears to be the way to go, as I keep hearing people talk about the voltage "sweet spot". I have an eGo right now, and for that I am primarily using dual coils. Thanks for the heads up on GotVapes! Also, vapingzone has it available to add to wishlist at $128 (it looks like SmokTech has fixed the price there for resellers). Thanks again for the info FreeK! So far, it's looking promising!

MickeyRat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2011
Hickory, NC
Newbish question: I've not learned to rock and roll the ohms and volts and amps yet. My question about this device is: at 5 amps, is it able to provide full voltage to dual coil cartos? From what I understand, others, like Lavatube, drop the voltage on dual coils? Thx in advance...

You can use this Ohm's Law Calculator to find out. In theory, at 5A you can run 7.5V to a 1.5 ohm DC. I haven't looked but, that's probably more than the batteries can deliver. It's plenty for anything you can put on there right now.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
This is from the link in the OP's post.

---
Notice:

The market guided price of Vmax is$128.0/pc,we won't provide it to client who sells it less than $128.0,please kindly pay attention to it!

---

And a Provari is selling right now for $159.95

When something like these two items are that close in price, I would rather spend a tad more and buy a product from a US company providing US jobs.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Looks like a nice device, but I think I'll stick with my Provari since it has only ONE battery. I've read too many warnings to NOT use 2 batteries.

I didn't notice that it used Stacked Batteries. Thanks for posting that.

I don't want a Stacked Battery Mod.

DaFreeK

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2012
Osijek, Croatia
Ahh...NICE. I'm a two-week old vaper, but am eyeing mods LOL. VV appears to be the way to go, as I keep hearing people talk about the voltage "sweet spot". I have an eGo right now, and for that I am primarily using dual coils. Thanks for the heads up on GotVapes! Also, vapingzone has it available to add to wishlist at $128 (it looks like SmokTech has fixed the price there for resellers). Thanks again for the info FreeK! So far, it's looking promising!

Well, I'm a 3 weeks old vaper ;) I also have an ego battery. If I had this experience that I have now I would've definitely ordered a Lavatube and skip the whole ego-t system.
But I'm constantly searching the web for mods. Maybe there is something cool for a reasonable price.

stephpd

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2011
Delaware
Actually it's a Chinese knockoff of the ProVari and BuzzPro combined. It takes stacked batteries but has the same innards as the ProVari. From what I've seen about them, they will sell for about $100. For a little more, I would rather buy American.

I seriously doubt it's the same innards since it's a step down regulator instead of the booster circuit. It takes 2 batteries so 3.2 - 4.2 volts per battery delivers 6.4 volt to 8.4 volts , unregulated. Since it's 3-6 volts on the spec it has to be regulated, stepped down, to provide a constant voltage.

Provari uses a booster circuit to boost the voltage up to whatever you set it for. Totally different.

And I doubt it does the , over 4.2 volts on just the single battery alone. So it really needs the stacked batteries. And as others have mentioned that where most of the explosions have occurred. Not having slots just makes it a ticking time bomb.

Given those two things I thing Smok dropped the ball on this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread