New Variable Voltage device from smoktech?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VAPNJ350

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
Jacksonville,FL.
Snapshot_20120413.jpg Snapshot_20120413_2.jpg Snapshot_20120413_4.jpg

This is the Smoktech VMAX sent to me from ST. Not available anywhere just yet but will be soon.

VAPNJ350

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
Jacksonville,FL.
Guys and gals so far this puts other very expensive mod not to shame but definitely a good run for their money. It's a complete powerhouse with little to NO fade. The thing just rocks,and I've had em all,me personally I'll take this over the other over priced devices,no names mentioned ofcourse cause I like those also and have been a HUGE fan of 1 particular boosted device,but this,with 2 18350 AW IMR's. So far nothing I've vaped can compare as far as consistancy down to 3volts per battery. The thing just doesnt fade !!!

inanitydefined

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2011
On a rock floating through space
Guys and gals so far this puts other very expensive mod not to shame but definitely a good run for their money. It's a complete powerhouse with little to NO fade. The thing just rocks,and I've had em all,me personally I'll take this over the other over priced devices,no names mentioned ofcourse cause I like those also and have been a HUGE fan of 1 particular boosted device,but this,with 2 18350 AW IMR's. So far nothing I've vaped can compare as far as consistancy down to 3volts per battery. The thing just doesnt fade !!!

Hows the build quality and what kind of battery life are you getting?

VAPNJ350

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
Jacksonville,FL.
The build is SOLID so far that I can see and tell after a week of having it. Its All copper tubing with great threading. NO PLASTIC ANYWHERE but the display. Battery life out of 2 18350 AW IMR 700maH each I get ALL day easy with HEAVY HEAVY vaping. The LT was giving me about 5-7 hours on a 2000maH AW IMR ay 4.5 volts. This mod at 3.8volts feels like my lavatube at 4.6-4.8 volts. ITS STRONG !!!! VERY STRONG. If it were me knowing what I know with this in hand,me personally I would wait." BUT THATS MY OPINION" Please take it as such and nothing more. J

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Albemarle, North Carolina
You said "it doesn't fade" does that mean the voltage stays the same till the batts die? Also the led readout..is it accurate? Does it say one voltage but give another? I other words..does it drop the voltage but not tell you its dropping or what its dropping to? Does it drop underload? I bought into the lava tube hype but then experienced all of the above. I'm a lot more choosey now. Id rather pay more and not get the above.

Unless you actually have a voltmeter and know what was going on..your lt could have been saying it was 4.5 or so v but actually giving you 3.8v.

Last edited:

Jimi D.

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2010
Florida Keys
The build is SOLID so far that I can see and tell after a week of having it. Its All copper tubing with great threading. NO PLASTIC ANYWHERE but the display. Battery life out of 2 18350 AW IMR 700maH each I get ALL day easy with HEAVY HEAVY vaping. The LT was giving me about 5-7 hours on a 2000maH AW IMR ay 4.5 volts. This mod at 3.8volts feels like my lavatube at 4.6-4.8 volts. ITS STRONG !!!! VERY STRONG. If it were me knowing what I know with this in hand,me personally I would wait." BUT THATS MY OPINION" Please take it as such and nothing more. J
Are you running dual cartos on it?

rem700

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2011
Mn
Must have a built in wind generator or solar powdered maybe gas operated.

VAPNJ350

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
Jacksonville,FL.
You said "it doesn't fade" does that mean the voltage stays the same till the batts die? Also the led readout..is it accurate? Does it say one voltage but give another? I other words..does it drop the voltage but not tell you its dropping or what its dropping to? Does it drop underload? I bought into the lava tube hype but then experienced all of the above. I'm a lot more choosey now. Id rather pay more and not get the above.

This device is SOLID. It gives you the voltage you choose,sometimes .2-.5volts more UNDERLOAD. So far as my testings have gone THEIR IS LITTLE TO NO FADE IN VOLTAGE UNDERLOAD. You can choose a display that shows you "real time" battery voltage as your vaping"underload". I HAVE NOT SEEN IT GO BELOW .2 volts for more than a mili second then it goes right back to the total battery voltage between the two 18350's. If you put a 1.5 or 1.25 DC on it and put it at 4,5, or 6 volts,you vape that DC at 4,5,or 6 volts. It does what its suppose to do how its suppose to do it with NO E1 code or some error code,or going to a default voltage if you put on a carto it cant handle. Ive metered this device from 3-6 volts with every kind of carto money can buy,it vapes em ALL. And tells me the ohm of every carto I put on it so I know what Im using. This device so far is just plain awesome. And for a 1 button V V device,ITS SOOOO FREAKIN EASY and fast to change anything in the menus.

AaronY

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
Santa Monica
It is more then 3 times more powerful then the provari. If you want a worst unser interface like being limited watt device, and pay more get a provari. To compair this to that failed attempt at a VV is insane.
This is from the link in the OP's post.

---
Notice:

The market guided price of Vmax is$128.0/pc,we won't provide it to client who sells it less than $128.0,please kindly pay attention to it!

---

And a Provari is selling right now for $159.95

When something like these two items are that close in price, I would rather spend a tad more and buy a product from a US company providing US jobs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread