RDA newbie question about ohm & ga, please help :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

piggypinggy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
hi guys, I'm kind of new to vaping. I've being vaping with around 1.0ohm. I built it with 28 GA single coil.
I have a question... if I build a 1.0 ohm with 24GA, does it taste same with 1.0ohm with 28GA?
today I tried a new 0.5 ohm with 24GA... I don't know why it just tastes better.....sorry for my bad english, and thanks for reading :D
all the best !

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
Without knowing how much current you've applied to your builds, your question is difficult to answer. If all you did was switch to a thicker wire, with the same resistance and the same power supply wattage... it's likely that your "heat flux" dropped dramatically.

Set aside an hour or more of quiet time... click all the hyperlink siglines below. Read the last first, along with all the links in the article... then the first two together in a split screen.

All your current questions will be answered... along with a whole lot of questions you've never considered as well. I promise. ;-)

Never Lift

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2014
westchester NY
Thicker wire means more surface are in the coil, meaning more flavor and vapor but it come with a price. (asumming your using a mech)The bigger wire takes longer to heat up meaning, your going to get a cooler weakar hit or if you hold the button longer you will get the good hit but its going to drain your batts faster. There is sooo much to it you just gotta experiment and find what you like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread