• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Newbies Q&A Thread. [PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING IN THIS FORUM]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xanth

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2008
Rot & Ruin
We are starting a new thread for newbies as the old one had stale information.

To ease the new members, I'll be starting this thread with an FAQ. If you think anything should be added, feel free to lemme know.

Our location will not be stated explicitly. It will hereby be known as "local" or "here".

Getting Started
Helpful Guidelines for Local Vapers, Newbie to Veteran | E-Cigarette Forum

Where do I get PVs or Juices here?
PVs and nicotine juices are illegal here. Anyone caught supplying them will face a fine of up to $5000.
No one is going to tell any tom, dlck or harry that walks into this forum such information.
Bear in mind that the authorities are watching. We are not being paranoid. They are watching.

So how do I get those information I need?
You can try the old threads, but chances are, those stores are all closed.
Now get yourself verified on ECF.
Click this :

How To Become A Verified Member | E-Cigarette Forum
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/threads/how-to-become-a-verified-member.283955/
Be active in the forums.
Let the veterans be sure that you are who you say you are. If any of them trusts you, they will give you the information you need.
Do not PM the veterans constantly, that will only cause you to be added to their ignore list.
And frankly speaking, there are no local stores right now. Zero. Nada. Nil.

Should I get them from across the border?
It is illegal to import any PV or juices. Do so at your own risk.

What about other countries?
It's best for you to check with any foreign suppliers if they are willing to ship here and what precautions do they take to ensure a successful delivery. Bear in mind that there are numerous members who got their package confiscated by the customs. Everything is at your own risk.Do not share any shipping information or precautions taken publicly.

So what the hell is this subforum for?
It's for us to talk about vaping as a local community. Not a place for you to get supplies.
I understand that many of you are new to the vaping scene and have no idea how sensitive the issue is. So I'm giving you an example.

Importing and sale of PVs and Juices. $5000 fine.
Vaping in Public. $500 fine.
Unlicensed importation of nicotine may land you with a $10000 fine under the Poisons Act.
More than 7 local suppliers have shutted down over the past 4 weeks. Some by the authorities, some for precaution.

This is how sensitive everything is around here. I seek your understanding and hope you'll enjoy your stay here.

I'm visiting the country soon, is it safe for me to bring my PV?

Under the current legislation, e-cigarettes are prohibited under Tobacco (Control of Advertisements and Sale) Act. Any "sales, distribution and importation" will result in a fine of up to S$5000 upon conviction and S$10000 for subsequent convictions. Usually the Custom Officers will warn you of it and you may have to throw your PV away.

To avoid having to throw away your funky PVs at the Customs, bring a cheapo set, pray for the best and plan for the worst.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Zyman

Syn007

Ashes to Ashless
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 13, 2011
GreenEarth
By using sg vapers forum, you are required to observe the rules closely. It may change from time to time while we are adapting to the current situation.

Our rules are in place for good reasons, please do not proceed to participate in our subforum if you disagree with any of our policies here.

SG Vapers Rules

1. Underage Members
No members below the age of 18 is allowed here or any part of ECF. No exceptions.

2. Suppliers Info
Posting names and contact info of former, existing or future local suppliers (if there are any at all) will result in thread being removed.

3. Getting Verified
All are encouraged to get your ECF accounts verified. You can do so by following this link : How To Become A Verified Member | E-Cigarette Forum
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/threads/how-to-become-a-verified-member.283955/

4. Newbies Where and How threads
All questions directly asking 'where to get vaping device in our region', 'how to import into our region' will be closed or deleted. If you require assistance on this, you can pm the members here. But don't demand or expect to get help immediately as members may choose to help or not at all. People here are not obligated to help you commit an offence.

5. Shipping Methods
Shipping methods and creative ways to bring in vaping equipment should NOT be discussed here.

6. Packages Seized
It can be quite frustrating when your packages get seized. You need to be prepared for it to happen if you attempt to ship into our region. Chances of claiming back your items are zero. Opening thread to rant, complain and asking for help is not needed. We are not above the law here.

7. Bans
Members who insists on breaching the rules repeatedly and endangering the community here will be barred from this forum.

fishtaco

ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2011
WA
Nothing is really explained for visitors to SG,there should be a sticky with information for foreign visitors!

Importation into SG is illegal but a visitor to SG bringing in a very small personal amount of e juice and a vapour devise is not classed as importation?

Is there a link to the SG law relating to foreign visitors to SG?

This would be of great help to ecf members who like me had no idea on SG restrictions.

Den

Xanth

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2008
Rot & Ruin
Nothing is really explained for visitors to SG,there should be a sticky with information for foreign visitors!

Importation into SG is illegal but a visitor to SG bringing in a very small personal amount of e juice and a vapour devise is not classed as importation?

Is there a link to the SG law relating to foreign visitors to SG?

This would be of great help to ecf members who like me had no idea on SG restrictions.

Den

Added to FAQ.

Also edited all explicit mention of the country from your post.

madhero

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2011
Singapore
thanks but i have question. IF i know a random guy selling the stuff on the streets, and he turns out to be a Big Brother, can i get into trouble? thanks. If this is inappropriate, pls delete this post mods:)

now, if you bought it from "ahem", u would then be in possession of a PV, then refer to post #11.
If "ahem" sells you a PV, it would contravene the law and they would be deemed to have committed an offence in that act,, thus it would not be possible for them to do so.

Ravikumar

Verified Member
Apr 28, 2013
No Freedom Island
now, if you bought it from "ahem", u would then be in possession of a PV, then refer to post #11.
If "ahem" sells you a PV, it would contravene the law and they would be deemed to have committed an offence in that act,, thus it would not be possible for them to do so.

Hahaha thanks bro

G A N D A L F

Feb 28, 2013
Singapore
Great info! I hope things will get better round here for vapers. lifting the ecig ban [*edited] will always be in my prayers. [*edited] im sure it will be worth owning. Also still looking forward to attend and experience [*edited] grand vape expo. For the authorities who's lurking all I can say to you is, WAKE UP and realize that vaping is good and can also help [*edited] economy morethan the killer tobbaco can.

Reactions: terter
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread