• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Newbies Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.

alvinosj

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2011
Singapore, Tampines
for starting out, i recommend getting ego-tank with its LR ( Low Resistor Atomizer ) or Dual Coil.

LR atty is using a catridge to store a liquid where it can store enough for 1 days+ of usage roughly around 1.5ml (its enough for me to last a day only)

For the dual coil is using more like a dripping system where you drip your liquid straight into it, it doesn't have any catridge or whatever. Inside the dual coils are cotton which will absorb your liquid ( something like a zippo lighter). For dual coil it burns liquid faster then normal LR.

Performance wise i would say its the Dual coil, which gives off better taste and also vapor.

So its best to start off with Ego-tank battery pairing up with a Low Resistor or Dual Coil

BladeZ

ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2011
Dortmund, Germany
well.. some people DO use their cartridge for more than a month.. there is not really a fix time to change ur cartridge as it is also depend on how much u vape each day.. for me i would change my cart when i feel some weird taste come out when vaping.. probably the cotton is burn as i vape it too much.. but it is quite obvious to feel the changes in vapor and the taste..

snssewell

Jul 15, 2011
GA - USA
@snssewell. I believe you are not from Singapore... but it does look like the 4XX series. Recommended that you go back to the same supplier to get new cartridges... there are just too many suppliers. An alternative is that you may look into splitting up the cartridge into 2 parts, the atty and cartridge. Doing so, you will be able to enjoy different juices, and the running cost will be lower.

Well what happened was....... I did a search for model# to find this thread I saw with pics of different models and somehow got to this thread and did not even see that it was Location Specific until after I posted! :(
But thanks so much for the answer :)

light487

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2009
Sydney, Australia
11mg is quite a decent amount for a light smoker.. most "high" are about 24mg with "extra high" being 36mg.. but it all depends on what "they" consider to be high. Have a look at what the actual mg/ml is and then drop to whatever their next level is down. So if their high is 24mg.. maybe try 11 or 18.. if their high is 18 try 11.. and so on.

light487

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2009
Sydney, Australia
The thing is though.. it's not about "how many" you smoked.. it's about what strength you smoked because if you smoked HEAVY smoeks but only 3-5 a day and you get 6mg/ml.. you might find that the throat hit is severely lacking and that you are not being satisfied. If you smoked 40 a day but only on the ultra light smokes.. then 6mg/ml might be better...

...your body will adjust to the vaping style and you will get the nicotine your body craves one way or another.. but it's more than just nicotine that is important here.. it is about having a satisfying vape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread