The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Newbies Q&A

Discussion in 'SG Vapers' started by alvinosj, Jul 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Whoopin

Whoopin Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 10, 2012
    Borderlands
    During my cartomizer vaping experience, it was pretty much up and down (and I believe everyone gets that too) and the downs are really once in a while. Just one of those bad carto times, and then I just change them out and they did be fine. As long as you're getting vapor, some flavor, then you're good!

Rul, I guess the only facts we can gather are mostly opinion-based due to a lack of sufficient testing and research, but I guess for everyone else there, if your vape is good for you then stick to it :vapor:

2. Whoopin

May 10, 2012
    Borderlands
    Hey guys! Got a question up about genesis attys.

I've been noticing that there's black stuff around my coils after about a day of using them. I don't know whether it is because of this black stuff, but then it doesn't fire up occasionally. So what I do is that i have to remove these black stuff.

Could it be due to the tightness of the coils on the ss wick? Or is it because I'm not doing something right?

Thanks in advance for the answer :D

3. Muramasa

Muramasa Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 24, 2011
    Black stuff is aka gunk. Happens due to combustion of juice. The vg and sweet stuff gets burn n leaves gunk there. Usually dark color and sweet flavours gunks the most. But all juice will gunk coil sooner or later so... Yuh its normal. My belgian cocoa gunk my penelope in 2 days.

Also i would prefer kanger than boge.
    Kanger draws a lil tighter than boge and hits warmer and harder due to the fact that ii is horizontal coil. (coil sits directly below airhole straw)
    My explaination for prefer kanger over boge is also simple, see picture.
    Boge's coil touches the filler directly and is hollow (no wick in between the coil. coil is also touching filler directly... meaning filler would tend to get burnt more easily.)
    Kanger has a wick which touches a surrounding wick which is then surrounded by filler.
    Boge (used)
    [​IMG]
    ALso if u notice, boge's coil is in the middle and u will have gravity so ur juice will sit at the bottom most of the time...
    Kanger (new)
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Coil is at bottom so its fine. only problem is kanger is slightly shorter than boge so tanks made for boge will still fit kanger but the ss tube may cut the inner orings.

However, boge gives a smoother vape. that i have to say.
    Vaping burnt filler anyone? xD
    Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Attached Files:

4. mikamika

mikamika Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Feb 28, 2012
    Little Tiny Dot
    Vaping on dark juice, or juice with much sweetener in them will accelerate the gunk, one way is to dryburn them. Let it grow red for 3 secs, stop. Rinse and repeat a couple of times and you're good to go. I usually just change to a new coil, nothing beats a freshly coil wick, in terms of flavors and taste.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Whoopin

May 10, 2012
    Borderlands
    Ahhh, but then I just realized that it could be due to the tightness of the oils. Cause yesterday, there were lesser (like way lot lesser) black stuff on the wick :3

6. ken77

ken77 Moved On

Sep 28, 2011
    Middle earth
    Cleaning carto by- soak / dry burnt / flashing .
    may work once or twice, but it may also kill it.

7. Muramasa

Muramasa Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 24, 2011
    Err there is not much ways to clean a carto. Do not dry burn as u may burn the poly fill instead. U can do it for kanger cartos though. Dry burning and.flashing works best for attys. Carto cleaning best method would be soaking in alcohol whilst in a ultra sonic cleaner.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

8. parkerr

parkerr Full Member Verified Member

Jul 26, 2012
    Paradise
    hello people, can advise where can i get more accessories for 510, such as cartridges or clearomizer?

9. Necromancer

Necromancer Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Jan 12, 2010
    Vapers Haven
    There is a few local suppliers that you can look out for :p

10. javiereky

javiereky Full Member Verified Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Singapore
    Where is the classifieds section?

11. Currynoah

Currynoah Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 28, 2011
    SG
  12. parkerr

Jul 26, 2012
    Paradise
    Hello people, pls help me out on this. I'm trying out with the kanger 510 cartomiser and the experience is really inconsistent.

I filled up using condom method, with a few more drips from the top of the carto going into the side. My first experience is using a 50/50 12mg juice and i got very heated vape which hits my throat terribly and with little vaper produced. My second experience is using another 50/50, but 6mg juice and this time round the experience was very smooth and good.

I doubt its due to the nic level from the juice right?

13. Domtine

Domtine Lim Peh Verified Member ECF Veteran

Seems like a case of burnt poly fill. Ditch the carto and use a fresh one out of the packing..

14. parkerr

Jul 26, 2012
    Paradise
    Seem like that's the case. Tried another carto with the same 12mg juice and got it perfectly working. What a pity to the spoilt carto and the filled juice. Anyway thanks for the response! :)

15. Sharksfin

Sharksfin Full Member

Sep 8, 2012
    Singapore
    Hi! I am relativelye new here in SG -about 3 weeks- and I didn't know that it was not legal here. Luckily though I was not stopped at the immigration when I arrived and had just learned the news through my bro when he saw my PV. Anybody know where I could buy ej-uice? mine is xxx menthol (that what's on the label) 18mg? please pm me...I have already been using real cigarette for the past 1 week....

16. Ace of Spades

Ace of Spades Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 13, 2012
    masuqot
    If you see it you will get it! :D

17. Sharksfin

Sharksfin Full Member

Sep 8, 2012
    Singapore
  18. pleaselah

pleaselah Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 1, 2012
    U.S
    Well I wish I have received the letter... got a call and told to go down. And cut that call when he identified himself. Not sure whats going to happen next. :(

19. pinkbaboy

pinkbaboy Full Member

Sep 24, 2012
    sin
    what is the difference between PG and VG?

20. maddnessfox

maddnessfox Full Member Verified Member

Sep 26, 2012
    Singapore
    google it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.