Newest of the New! A 510 Dual Coil Atomizer! 1.5 ohm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sgt. Pepper

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2011
strange gatorfan I get close to double the flavor and way more vapor.

Like I said, I just got it and haven't spent that much time with it yet. I thought I read somewhere that it takes a little time to break-in. Either way, I'm going to give it a few days and post what I find.

When you say you get double the flavor and more vapor, what is that compared to?

thanks for you comments.

Errol

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2010
Salt lake City, Ut
I'd be interested too, Errol. I just got my first 1.5 ohm dc atty this afternoon from cov. Put it on my Provari and it's showing 1.9 ohms, however once i put some juice in it and took a few hits it's showing at 2.0 ohms.

Started at 3.3 volts which was not enough power and have now got it up to 4.5 volts without any error messages. It seems to be hitting well but no marked difference than my usual joytech 2.5 ohm atties at 4.7 volts. I'll post an update in a few days.

cheers,

p.s I'm using 50/50 juice from FSUSA

Have a atty tank mod that I put together with a 1.8ohm Cisco atty and am looking forward to using one of my DC atties, as soon as the Cisco starts to fail, to see how it works with more constant feed rather than dripping. The mod works pretty well with 100% VG, the thicker juice help to keep it from flooding.

Errol

rojo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2011
Johnson City, TN
I'm revising my opinion on these. They're excellent for direct drip -- great flavor, acceptable hit, great vapor.

But because they have that channel cut out across the positive post on the battery connector, they leak like a sieve in my UFS and are exceptionally prone to flood. Therefore, I can no longer claim that they are my vaping nirvana.

Additionally, they seem to gum up more quickly than my other 1.5 ohm atties. I'm guessing that this is because each coil burns with the heat of a 3 ohm atty -- enough to produce vapor, but not enough to burn off as much of the thick syrupy VG as would a 1.5 ohm coil. (I vape a 50/50 mix of girly sweet crap.) So I would say these atties are best at 5+ volts or with a 100% PG juice.

I don't recommend these for use in the UFS / AVS / FOG, nor at 3.7 volts with VG-based juice. I'd be interested to see someone weigh in on how these work with the Alpha RES, though.

Beaverkt

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2011
NC USA
Have a atty tank mod that I put together with a 1.8ohm Cisco atty and am looking forward to using one of my DC atties, as soon as the Cisco starts to fail, to see how it works with more constant feed rather than dripping. The mod works pretty well with 100% VG, the thicker juice help to keep it from flooding.

Errol
Hate to get off topic but you wouldn't happen to have a link to how ya made that tank atty would ya ?

Beaverkt

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2011
NC USA
I'm revising my opinion on these. They're excellent for direct drip -- great flavor, acceptable hit, great vapor.

But because they have that channel cut out across the positive post on the battery connector, they leak like a sieve in my UFS and are exceptionally prone to flood. Therefore, I can no longer claim that they are my vaping nirvana.

Additionally, they seem to gum up more quickly than my other 1.5 ohm atties. I'm guessing that this is because each coil burns with the heat of a 3 ohm atty -- enough to produce vapor, but not enough to burn off as much of the thick syrupy VG as would a 1.5 ohm coil. (I vape a 50/50 mix of girly sweet crap.) So I would say these atties are best at 5+ volts or with a 100% PG juice.

I don't recommend these for use in the UFS / AVS / FOG, nor at 3.7 volts with VG-based juice. I'd be interested to see someone weigh in on how these work with the Alpha RES, though.
well personally I find that these things seem to go for quite a long time before needing to be cleaned but i'm using a higher pg percentage in my juices. One thing I definately agree with is that both of mine leak heavily. I direct drip almost exclusively and almost never get any kind of leakage out of my usual 306 atties. These dual coils are by far the the messiest atties I've ever used. Having said that I'm still loving them. They are providing the best vape of any of the attys/cartos that I currently have in my collection.

Errol

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2010
Salt lake City, Ut
Hate to get off topic but you wouldn't happen to have a link to how ya made that tank atty would ya ?

Won't be off topic if you're thinking of using Dual Coil atties as I am. :) I posted a fairly comprehensive description of my mod. It's Frankenstein for sure but now that I've used it a bit it works out quite well and I"m sure it will work much better once I've cleaned up the idea a little and get a DC atty in it. About all I can add to my original description is things would be more reliable if one could find a short rigid tube to fit inside the two atty shells about a 1/4" each and seal the coupling with a condom.

This thread is about atty tank mods so you can probably get some better ideas http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/tank-reviews/229289-mwa-atty-tank-set-up-16.html

Errol

chatter97

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2011
Woodstock Georgia
First impressions: This thing rocks. I took a plunge an ordered a bulk of 5, I am so glad that I did. I put this on my Silver Bullet with an IMR battery and dropped 6 drops into it. Let it sit for 30 seconds or so, put on my tip and put in 3-4 more drops. Nirvanah... I also popped on an cisco spec attie to get a comparison. The throat hit is really good, good amount of vapor, in some ways equal to or better than the Cisco. What really has stood out for me is the flavor and the robustness of the flavor. Switching between both setups, the robustness of the flavor is truly what stands out!!!! The draw and vapor production remind me allot of iken 510 atomizers. The vapor feels nice an warm, pretty close to perfect. The flavor is what I really notice as the biggest difference. I just can't say it enough, the flavor is so robust on the dual coil attie compared to the cisco 510. All of the juices complex flavors are truly on display!!!!

I am truly impressed so far with this attie. Only my first hour vaping it but I am very impressed.

FYI I am using some Dark City Vapor Mountain 55 70/30 pg/vg mix at 18mg. This juice tasted ok on the cisco attie, but was truly amazing on the dc attie. Cant wait to try my Vaperite vr4 on it, should be interesting as it usually kills atties or leads to immediate dry burn resurrection.

Also, I found that starting off with 6-7 drops to prime worked great. Then I put 3-4 more drops in and vaped. When I needed more, I dropped 3-4 drops. This worked with very little(One small drop only) seeping out. Also, it seemed to still work well with an empiremods drip shield. Still trying this out though.

Morfeeus

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2011
Blue Springs, MO
I also just recieved my first batch of the DC atties today and have to agree that they are awesome. I first blew the atty out(extremely small amount of primer came out). I loaded 8 drops of Marion Berry Ice Cream from KBV and let it sit for a few mins and then put 3 more drops in and fired up the atty. Taste, Vapor, and TH was absolutely amazing. These are only my first impressions but if they continue to perform this way, these will be the only atties I use!!

ZooKansas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2011
Kansas City, MO USA
Have been using a "dual-coil" atty from COV in my rotation for about 3 weeks now. Performance has dropped slightly, but it's the only 510 atty I'll be using from now on. Gets a bit hot with chain vaping though...anyone try to clean these??/how? Haven't cleaned mine yet, just blowing it out after using for an extended period of time. Recommending these to everyone.

chatter97

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2011
Woodstock Georgia
I have not had to clean mine yet, but I rotate 2 through out the day. When it starts to get to a point where it gets a little sluggish and shows signs of getting hot(for me this only happens together) then I blow it out and grab my other one). Once doing this they behave close to brand new. Part of my problem is the drip shield blocks the seepage, it works, but over time it could get a little backed up. I also find, with time, these sometimes require me to hold my pv at certain angles while vaping for them to work effectively, but that is only close to when they are ready to be rotated. So far, I love these things. Might hit the week mark without one dying on me!!!! Usuallly at least one of my atties has to be cleaned within a couple of days of heavy vaping and performance drops greatly. After almost a week, these are still hitting like a champ.

Sgt. Pepper

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2011
I'd be interested too, Errol. I just got my first 1.5 ohm dc atty this afternoon from cov. Put it on my Provari and it's showing 1.9 ohms, however once i put some juice in it and took a few hits it's showing at 2.0 ohms.

Started at 3.3 volts which was not enough power and have now got it up to 4.5 volts without any error messages. It seems to be hitting well but no marked difference than my usual joytech 2.5 ohm atties at 4.7 volts. I'll post an update in a few days.

cheers,

p.s I'm using 50/50 juice from FSUSA

I have been using this dc atty exclusively now for a week on my provari (4.5 volts). Can't say enough good things about it. I highly recommended everyone give them a try.

I am not finding a huge difference in the amount of vapor from my normal joytech 2.5 ohm atty, but the flavor these things produced can't be matched IMHO.

cheers,

p.s. I just noticed I hit my 1 year anniversary of being smoke free today--cool.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread