NewestAttack on E-Cigs

Status
Not open for further replies.

ut1205

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2013
Chattanooga, Tn, USA
Fox news just reported (3/21/14 6:55 EDT) a "Warning to Parents" about the dangers of E-Cig liquid. Poison control reports that children are drinking e-liquid and poisoning themselves. They are drinking it because it has yummy flavors like Bubble Gum and Cotton candy.............one teaspoon will kill a child and child proof caps are Not Required!!. Also, teenagers are mixing e-liquid with energy drinks to get the double buzz of nicotine and caffeine at the same time. Showed teenager that said he didn't do it but knew people who do.

What will they come up with next. Obviously, no one reporting this crap has ever got a single drop of juice on their tongue and said "I think I'll do that again".
Give me a break.

ut1205

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2013
Chattanooga, Tn, USA
I left out that Fox did report in the same segment that E-Cigs have helped adults quit smoking. This will obviously be picked up by the other networks. See if CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS, NBC, PBS reports the part about helping to quit smoking cigarettes. Fox has been the only network I have seen that has given the positive things about e-cigs. They even vape on occasion on "The 5".

Mousey

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2014
Saw a thing on Facebook recently about a guy that was ruthlessly slamming ecigs because his dog managed to bite through a (full) bottle and died shortly afterwards. What he failed to mention was that he left them all out in places even the dog could get to, one must have fallen on the floor or something.

Some people are so stupid they should be legally neutered.

Free6413

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Spring, Texas
The same can be said for cigs and snuff too! If a small child ingests a cigarette or a "dip" the same results can happen! Let's ban them too.....oh yeah, already tried that one! Bans do not prevent these things from happening, education and prevention do. When are people going to realize that at some point in time they will be responsible for their own actions!

OldSeer

ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2013
Sun's Shadow, USA
You hear of these reports... but try to find one single case... that's one single case
where a child or an adult was hospitalized over night due to nicotine poisoning from e-juice.

KSTP-TV news last Tuesday night reported 79 cases of children between the ages
of 20 years of age on down according to the Minnesota Health Department were
treated for nicotine poisoning in the year 2012
due to e-juice... none of which were serious enough to
ever hospitalization.

When pressed for records of who this happened to as far as
the adults the 20-18 sector that was included... the count went down to 50.
When the count went down to 50... they were asked how this compared to children
affected by getting into their parents prescription drugs and poisoned
and those counts took off
into the thousands... and hospitalization was required all to many times... quite the difference!

Big Tobacco and Pharmas want Internet sales stopped completely... on anything having to do
with e-cigs... that's anything...
That way they can easily control commercial sales amongst the stores in the USA...

Last edited:

guambred

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2014
Guam, USA
You cant fix stupid, but lawmakers will try their hardest to regulate it. It may be difficult to hear but your little angel is as dumb as a brick, therefore you need to be proactive till little Timmy smartens up a bit. Again you cant fix stupid so if your dumb as a brick Timmy gets ahold of your juice, drinks half the bottle and gets sick perhaps you are to blame. Teens are especialy stupid and need to be kept in special padded rooms for their safety, given only triple distilled water, and organicly grown gluten free rice paste. No television, and hardbound books and plastic toys are forbidden. If you let them out of the padded room make sure they have a certified helmet on at all times. And PLEASE, PLEASE, never let them outside, for the world is dangerous.

Hypatia

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2013
Titletown, USA
No. The article says ER doctors say....:rolleyes: More he said she said b.s. I keep my e liquid out of reach. All my bottles are plain because I diy. So they don't even look remotely appealing.

Yeah, ER doctors see ALL sorts of awesomely awful, hilarious, and stupid reasons for people visiting the ER. Not all people who go to ER have a legitimate emergency. Crazy people go to the ER to complain that the TV made their foot itch in a weird way or that the EMP's are making their kids "unruly". Nobody's sensationalizing those things or calling for regulations and bans on electricity.

The people who leave out the eliquids for kids and pets to reach are the same type of people who leave their dangerous medicines and guns and knives and (um, other stuff, you know) out in the same fashion. Parent (of pets and humans alike) fail. Not product fail.

cbrite

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA, USA
If kids or dogs or cats get nicotine gum, it can also make them very, very sick and maybe for a small dog be deadly. It is the nicotine, not the delivery system. And really it is the people/parents who need to be on alert to be sure pets and children don't get into anything with nicotine in it. If I even get a couple of drops of juice on the floor or somewhere that my dogs could get to it, I wipe it up immediately. Nothing too hard about that or about keeping things you don't want your children to have out of their hands. Even many years ago when my son was little there were child locks for cupboards and so forth.

ChrisCG

Feb 18, 2014
Ohio
I really am tired of the histrionics on this issue, especially those that demand that we "think of the children". I am not anti-child, hell, I have 2 myself, but the idea that adults should be prevented from doing something or that certain items that were never intended to be for children be banned is absurd.

The demand that the entire world be bubble-wrapped and sanitized for someone's protection is just catering to the lowest common denominator.

Regardless of the above, I do suspect that their "think of the children" mantra is disingenuous. I believe that their motives are to rid the world of something that they don't like and their line is just an attempt to garner an emotional reaction. After all, who would want to hurt children? If you don't agree with me, you obviously hate kids.

Gimme a break.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
Well, I'm surprised anyone would ever take anything Fox "News" reports seriously, but yeah, we should ban all substances that might under any stretch of the imagination be poisonous. And yeah, e-liquid tastes sooooo good.

Here is one of the more ignorant posts I have read in a while. Fox is the only major news organization that has provided 90 percent positive commentary on vaping.

Last edited:

Hypatia

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2013
Titletown, USA
I had a dog that ate the contents of a large jar of Vaseline. It didn't hurt the dog but before I got home from work she'd crapped all over the place.

No moral to this story, I just wanted to share. :)

Sorry, I shouldn't laugh, we had a dog did the same thing years ago, but at least it was just the small tube of it. I'd never seen so much crap come out of such a little dog. It was EVERYWHERE. Years later, changing poopy newborn baby diapers is heaven compared to the Day of the Great Crapocolypse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread