Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Chill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2013
Sans Nom, USA
I also vape a lot of unflavored. To me, unflavored is a flavor. But coconut? Nah...

What you didn't mention is your PG/VG ratio or nic level at which you have this perception.

I also mix near liter sized batches using a whole 120ml bottle of base at once. I was at 15mg for the better part of 3 years, but I'm trying to cut back, so I made one batch at 14, and I'm now at 13.

However, I keep my mixed-down unflavored in the freezer (all except one bottle that lasts me roughly 4 weeks), since I prefer my nic fresh.

I do agree that nic kept in the freezer will probably last indefinitely.

I vape 4-5mg @ 60vg/40pg. I get my pg/vg from exclusively from Essential Depot. I'm a low power vaper though. 10-12 watts in kayfun lites and V5's with a 1.2ohm kanthal 2.5mm micro and organic cotton wick. I've been set on that build for nearly 2 years. I've dabbled with plenty of other builds and tanks but stick to the same one nowadays.

I'm mostly a MTL vaper but do hybrid DTL with the kayfun v5's since the airflow is can be opened up. I tried my best to like high power/low resistance/high airflow gear but I just couldn't get into it. If I did I would probably drop nic down to 3mg or so.

Reactions: Rossum

Bob Chill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2013
Sans Nom, USA
I got that note in a jug of newly purchased Heartland awhile back. It was clear and fresh tho. With a good cuppa coffee, they really complimented each other. Took me back to the old days. Well, maybe the old days when I was 16yrs, not so much when I was 50yrs and would finish up by hacking my lungs out and worrying about dying.

Just like some senses are tho, my tastebuds got used to it and I no longer taste the nuttiness as much.

I'll vape unflavored for 2-3 days and then switch to a day or 2 of hangsen tobaccos. Seems to reset the taste quite nicely.

I've definitely gravitated far away from experimentation the last year or so. I haven't tried a new flavor recipe in forever. I've settled into the aint broke don't fix routine. I mix for 3 other people too and they've all pretty much done the same thing. Just 1-2 flavors tops and a big bottle of unflavored. I only break out my mixing gear 3 times a year now and just make huge batches. Easy street for sure. My smallest bottles of juice are 120mls. lol. I remember having a shelf full of 15-30ml bottles back in the day. Now it's just big a couple big glass bottles. My vape evolution has been regressive in many ways. lol

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
Newport News, Virginia, United States
I vape 4-5mg @ 60vg/40pg. I get my pg/vg from exclusively from Essential Depot. I'm a low power vaper though. 10-12 watts in kayfun lites and V5's with a 1.2ohm kanthal 2.5mm micro and organic cotton wick. I've been set on that build for nearly 2 years. I've dabbled with plenty of other builds and tanks but stick to the same one nowadays.

I'm mostly a MTL vaper but do hybrid DTL with the kayfun v5's since the airflow is can be opened up. I tried my best to like high power/low resistance/high airflow gear but I just couldn't get into it. If I did I would probably drop nic down to 3mg or so.
I get it, after almost 5 years I am still MTL, though I have opened up my draw a bit. I am also still at 36mg, and dont care, it keeps the demon off my shoulder.

Bob Chill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2013
Sans Nom, USA
I get it, after almost 5 years I am still MTL, though I have opened up my draw a bit. I am also still at 36mg, and dont care, it keeps the demon off my shoulder.

Ha! My wife is @ 18mg and hasn't dropped at all in 4 years. She feels guilty about it too and I always reassure her that at the end of the day...who gives a crap? I have enough nicotine on hand to last her lifetime and part of someone else's. lol. She only goes through 3-4mls/day and I roll through 6mls like clockwork so it's all relative anyways. Nicotine in it's pure form isn't even bad for you right? Heck, data is slowly gravitating towards nicotine being good for you. So enjoy!

sketchness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA
Yours was the first info I could find about the Heartland Chemnovatic @sketchness. I have a litre on the way. Hopefully, it will be equal to that which I have purchased from VT in the past. ;)

I thought it was comparable in quality. Would like to hear your opinion.

Reactions: nostradadus

mhertz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2014
Denmark
I previously did a quick check of chemnovatic at 6mg and didn't get any pepper-taste, but it was a quick taste I ditched fast,and in a really bad-flavor atty and unthinned(To me pepper-taste is much less prevailant when unthinned, except going higher in nic). I only tested it quick because I seemed to remember me previously testing it and gotten no pepper, but I was a little unsure so did a forum search, and found I remembered wrong and the same roughly amount of pepper-taste where in both my 3 used nic-sources at 6 and 9 mg.

Just wanted to add an addendum as I previously suggested that my view on chemnovatic was that it was pepper free.

I've vaped chemnovatic now straight unflavored 25ml's a day for some weeks, and I now agree with sketchness note of slight tobacco, and not shoepolish, lol, though I just couldn't believe such a touted clean nic should taste of tobacco at 3mg, when e.g. nicselect doesn't. It's not dirty ashtray tobacco, mind you, but just not either the regular nuttyness often noticed, but a darker almost fermented wet dark tobacco leaves taste.

I would urge everyone wanting to splash out big money on the expensive nics, to make an unflavored taste test of e.g. VT/premium-HV/chemnovatic and alchem nicselect, since to me nicselect is the more clean offering.

This is plainly obvious at 3mg for example, and is much cheaper. The chemnovatics taste the same to me between different vendors, or directly from themselves, from a year ago and to now, from several tried batches.

I need to do some more "high" nic tests again though, as I don't remember those that good it seems...

About MTL/DL, then I started MTL, as most, but after watching e.g. riptrippers, 4 years ago, then I thought I was doing it wrong and tried DL. I didn't liked it, but thought to see if it would grow on me, and just like unflavored it surely did and now when trying MTL it doesn't feel as satisfying to me... It's not about the vapor amount exhaled, but instead the feeling of a big lungfull of voluminous inhaled vapor(roughly 50 watts on dual-coil TC) that just feels nice filling the lungs fully up and making a nice "pressure-feeling"... That feeling has now taken over the role of the TH when MTL-ing...

Last edited:

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
I've gotten several emails from Liquid Nicotine Wholesalers that they have taken over RTS nic, pg and vg sales. I'm slow on digital stuff like screen shots so here goes RTS Vapes Price Matching by LNW

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk
This is a curious twist. If the brand still makes money and is'n't threatened by some important liability I wonder why things are going this way. I checked yesterday and fouond the RTS price is twice what I previously paid for nic from them and some of the nic products, like higher concentrations, where not available. Will the RTS name be used to sell the identical nic? If not what's the point?

Reactions: aikanae1

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
This is a curious twist. If the brand [RTS] still makes money and is'n't threatened by some important liability I wonder why things are going this way.
Google 'RTS Vapes FDA' and you'll find what I presume to be the answer.

Reactions: aikanae1

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
Google 'RTS Vapes FDA' and you'll find what I presume to be the answer.
Here is what I found. RTS LEASING, LLC 6/21/17
This letter on the FDA website accuses RTS of selling nic to a person less than 18. It goes on to say they need to take corrective action and inform the FDA what those are. They don't say they are starting any legal action. For perspective, there are 100's of thousands of businesses in the US selling tobacco products (40,000 in california alone). Thousands of them are cited every year for selling to minors. How many of those businesses are forced out of business as a result? Answer, virtually none. May be RTS business is not great and the owner decided it's time to get out. May be there is yet another legal issue we haven't heard about. If every tobacco seller caught selling to minors was forced out of business it would be a frequent occurance. You NEVER hear about it happening.

Reactions: JeremyR
...I am also sad that I will not be able to get Adam's Tobacco Flavoring he used. A unique tobacco, with tones of wet stone and earth, that at first made you say "What??", and then created amazing vapes with apple or peach mixed in. Far and away my favorite tobacco flavor, which I will miss very much.

Apparently expecting you to remember 8 years later is a bit much... However, I did tell you (in hushed tones and with a promise of secrecy) that the Tobacco was indeed made from Camel Snus. Granted, we may have already had a couple drinks at that point and it was eight years ago, so I won't blame you too much for not remembering.

By the way, if you ever find yourself down Ecuador way, you should look me up (and I can tell you the secret recipes again in case you forget). Or you can just check the website - but that doesn't offer fruity rum drinks. I promise all the recipes are exactly what we used since at least 2010 (as you may recall, we lost a lot in the fire that spring, including some recipes). Being out-of-business and retired, I'd have no reason to keep any of it a "trade secret" anymore. Now if I could just find a nicotine or unflavored vg base supplier here...

nostradadus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2014
It does seem odd. They sent out "going out of business" e-mails 30% off.
The site is still running as usual (no sales offered now tho.) No nic available.
Are they going really going out of business?....

Furniture and Used Car sale businesses do it all the time. ;)

It's an old, tried and true "drum up business" tactic.

Reactions: puffon

Kurt

Quantum Vapyre
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2009
Philadelphia
Apparently expecting you to remember 8 years later is a bit much... However, I did tell you (in hushed tones and with a promise of secrecy) that the Tobacco was indeed made from Camel Snus. Granted, we may have already had a couple drinks at that point and it was eight years ago, so I won't blame you too much for not remembering.

By the way, if you ever find yourself down Ecuador way, you should look me up (and I can tell you the secret recipes again in case you forget). Or you can just check the website - but that doesn't offer fruity rum drinks. I promise all the recipes are exactly what we used since at least 2010 (as you may recall, we lionsost a lot in the fire that spring, including some recipes). Being out-of-business and retired, I'd have no reason to keep any of it a "trade secret" anymore. Now if I could just find a nicotine or unflavored vg base supplier here...

Well, I'll be! Adam, how the hell are you?!? Has to be you, doesn't it? Outstanding to hear from you, one of the true pioneers of e-liquid. I sure do remember that dinner in CC, with the waitress asking us if anyone was smoking, and us innocently shrugging, hiding our little 510s. And I do remember the camel snus part NOW, but it got lost in the years of research detritus that monopolizes my brain. Thanks for the reminder. Been also talking about your citric acid usage and the lower pH of your DIY nic, which I miss terribly! I do believe your nic was the first salt solution on the market, a remarkable product. Please PM me, would love to catch up, my friend! Hope Ecuador is treating you well!

Cheers!
:toast:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread