nicotine overdose?? urgent!

Status
Not open for further replies.

antisomnic

Nov 9, 2009
I thought I overfilled one of my cartomizers cause i wasn't getting much vapor offer it so i blew on both ends. this brownish liquid came out on the end i was blowing on and it got all over my lips. within seconds i was short of breath, my heart started pounding, my lungs and throat started feeling very cold and i'm very lightheaded and dizzy. i washed off my lips and the inside of my mouth several times. am i going to be ok?? do i need to see someone or can i wait it out?

paulsonlaw

Moved On
Jul 18, 2011
Ohio
I think you had more of a panic attack than a nic overdose. It would take a LOT more than just getting some on your fingers or lips to OD.

^^^ This ^^^

I to once thought that, then I went looking on here....

Some crazy peeps on here have dripped juice, directly swallowed! With out over dosing.... I will find the thread.....

Wil

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
May 26, 2011
Chapel Hill, NC
www.awesomeclouds.com
If that's all it took, I would've been dead months ago!

Have you been vaping long enough to know that you aren't prone to reactions to other ingredients? Is it a new liquid that could possibly have been mixed at a higher concentration than usual by mistake?

If you know it's something you'd normally vape, and you've never had other problems, I wouldn't worry too much about it, provided your heart rate and breathing have returned to normal...

WomanOfHeart

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2010
Colorado
^^^ This ^^^

I to once thought that, then I went looking on here....

Some crazy peeps on here have dripped juice, directly swallowed! With out over dosing.... I will find the thread.....

I KNOW that I've probably not only swallowed a lot of juice from dripping, but I've also gotten a lot on my fingers and hands from leaky atties, overfilled cartos and just plain sloppy DIY. I'm still around to make all of your lives more tolerable...yeah, yeah...

goodtimes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 18, 2011
OKC
I learned in the cigar world that insulin can actually help with the nausea associated with too much nicotine. When I would smoke a particularly strong cigar and get "the shakes" I'd drink a soda (or anything sugary that I could find) and it seemed to help a bit.

I'm not a doctor and this could just be on old wives tale, but it seemed to help at least a little bit.

Anyone else heard of this?

JustaGuy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2011
Beyond The Sea
maybe it was a subconcious thing that caused a panic attack. it was just so sudden and i wasn't really worried til after i felt the way i did. the fluid is 11mg so pretty low.

11mg is quite low compared to what others are vaping, licking and possibly drinking. :) However, if you were having some kind of "acute" reaction, this forum should NOT be the first place you contact!

1. We can't get there quick enough.
2. Even if we did, we're not qualified to help.

Last edited:

paulsonlaw

Moved On
Jul 18, 2011
Ohio
maybe it was a subconcious thing that caused a panic attack. it was just so sudden and i wasn't really worried til after i felt the way i did. the fluid is 11mg so pretty low.

Yeah, i could see panic attacks being more common early on from an anolog switch?

I have prescribed xanax for my PSD, paranoid social disorder, I haven't taken one in the week of full vaping w a real PV, "901" so maybe panic attacks aren't that common?

Rysup

ECF Veteran
May 9, 2011
Sydney, Australia
I don't know how many times not thinking I've licked 24mg off my fingers, I'm still here.

Yuk.. it burns it burns!!!

Condensation on the other hand (from the insides of ya drip tip etc.) tastes absolutely bloody delicious and doesn't have any burning effects... mmmmmm I'm gonna go have some now numnumnum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread