Nicotine Salts

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeAnna2112

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2015
Indiana
I use 45mg nic salt (Mr Salt E) in my "work rig" with very little throat hit.

this sounds like exactly where i need to be nic wise, but doing it with free base nic just tears my throat up. Thanks for sharing it's a plus in my book for trying it.

tgs3

ECF Veteran
Aug 3, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
The nic salt juice that comes in pods with the Juul are excellent - especially the tobacco and mango flavors. However, pods are, expense wise, not financially viable long term. I have tried tobacco and mango from mr salt-e and was underwhelmed. Last night I tried half a tank of 'jefe' from solace vapor. Couldn't finish it and threw the rest out. Of course, your mileage may vary. I am going to broaden my search.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I honestly think Juul has something proprietary and secret going on, I don't think I've read of a person matching it successfully. I almost bought a Juul in desperation early on but they were out of stock everywhere, and now I'm glad I didn't as I'm quite happy with the nicsalts I have, and apparently these nic salts can be created by different methods, so I'm glad I never got my hands on a Juul as that's a serious expense, right there.

I do wonder though, because most people seem to have trouble matching it, though I'd think step one would be to mix it at 50 mg/ml like Juul does. It could be the sheer immensity of the nic hit, honestly, more than anything else.... :)

Good luck, though.

Anna

tgs3

ECF Veteran
Aug 3, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
I do wonder though, because most people seem to have trouble matching it, though I'd think step one would be to mix it at 50 mg/ml like Juul does. It could be the sheer immensity of the nic hit, honestly, more than anything else.... :)

Most nic salts I have investigated do have the option of 50 or 45mg. What the Juul liquid has is excellent taste. The juice I tossed last night was 50. I will be trying 'Creamy Tobacco', also from Solace, today. I am trying to be optimistic.

Vchick

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2010
NE Ohio
So, I've been following this as of late because of irritation in my throat. For those who've used the nic salts, who would your recommendations be for;
no flavor/nic only (for diy) & what mg
flavor/premixed & what mg

Currently I'm at 80/20vg, about 6-8mg - tobacco flavor black mile, but I'm up for anything atm except mint/menthol...tyvm!

Last edited:
Reactions: tgs3

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
There's no "best" mg honestly, even in unflavored. The nic salts I use are smooth and not peppery, so you'd be able to go higher mg/ml but do you want to? If 6--8 is working no need to change it.

Similar for other flavors, nic salts blend well, they aren't harsh, and don't really have a "nic" taste, at least not to me. I would DIY like you do any other nicotine, that's what I do, in fact I've reduced my mg/ml from 18 to 15 because I am ready to step down.

Good luck, honestly my advice is to treat them like any other form of nic.

Anna

DeAnna2112

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2015
Indiana
The nic salt juice that comes in pods with the Juul are excellent - especially the tobacco and mango flavors. However, pods are, expense wise, not financially viable long term. I have tried tobacco and mango from mr salt-e and was underwhelmed. Last night I tried half a tank of 'jefe' from solace vapor. Couldn't finish it and threw the rest out. Of course, your mileage may vary. I am going to broaden my search.

OMG when i looked at their prices i about fell out of my chair, way too expensive if you ask me. But people sware by their product.

DeAnna2112

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2015
Indiana
I honestly think Juul has something proprietary and secret going on, I don't think I've read of a person matching it successfully. I almost bought a Juul in desperation early on but they were out of stock everywhere, and now I'm glad I didn't as I'm quite happy with the nicsalts I have, and apparently these nic salts can be created by different methods, so I'm glad I never got my hands on a Juul as that's a serious expense, right there.

Good luck, though.

Anna

Yeah i wonder if it's that 50mg hit as well that makes it so popular, heck i can order that myself without paying out the blank for it which is what juul wants. I am very happy with my kabuki tank and provari and have no use for their crap device..least it looks that way to me.

DeAnna2112

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2015
Indiana
You could order 0nic juice and add nic salts.

I make up my own vg,pg and nic and then from time to time add alittle trebeca to flavor my cotton to give a extra kick. I just have a high nic tolerance and going higher tears my throat up, wondering if this is a solution for me given so many have great reviews regarding throat irritation with higher levels of nic.

tgs3

ECF Veteran
Aug 3, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Ok, I will stick up for the Juul as a convenient transitional device - at least for me. When I started vaping back in August I was clueless - just a little less clueless now thanks to ecf. I cut my smoking habit in half 25/30 to 9/10 using the Jull in large part because it is so easy to use and its juice is great. I have since graduated and the Juul is retired.

There are a few other nic salts available with the same strength as the Juul But the stuff from Juul is way better.

Last edited:

DeAnna2112

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2015
Indiana
Ok, I will stick up for the Juul as a convenient transitional device - at least for me. When I started vaping back in August I was clueless - just a little less clueless now thanks to ecf. I cut my smoking habit in half 25/30 to 9/10 using the Jull in large part because it is so easy to use and its juice is great. I have since graduated and the Juul is retired.

There are a few other nic salts available with the same strength as the Juul But the stuff from Juul is way better.

Yelp my coworker swares by juul and it makes me want to try it, but their pods are just so expensive. It's not the device where they get you, it's the pods where they get ya. I don't like to leave home with my provari, so i use a cigalike for when i am away from home. If their pods were not so expensive i would use it as my go to when away from home, but ouch $15.99 for 4 pods!!

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Nic salts are "smoother" than regular nic because they are less alkali; in other words, they have a pH that closer to neutral.

Here's a quick & dirty test I did of various juices a few years ago, when the Juul was new:

cUzs5k2.jpg

Juul's juice (the "fruut" flavor) is the last one.

It's easy enough to get the same effect with regular nic base by mixing in some weak acid in the right proportions. Citric acid will work and is ubiquitously available. Juul uses benzoic acid.

DeAnna2112

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2015
Indiana
Nic salts are "smoother" than regular nic because they are less alkali; in other words, they have a pH that closer to neutral.

Here's a quick & dirty test I did of various juices a few years ago, when the Juul was new:

cUzs5k2.jpg

Juul's juice (the "fruut" flavor) is the last one.

It's easy enough to get the same effect with regular nic base by mixing in some weak acid in the right proportions. Citric acid will work and is ubiquitously available. Juul uses benzoic acid.

Thanks Ros!! let me ask do we store it the same way as regular nic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread