Status
Not open for further replies.

Wraith504

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2014
New Orleans, LA
So the nic level is made higher in juice because of the bioavailability is less than that of freebase. I read somewhere that juul is adding ascorbic acid to increase the bioavailability of the nic to give craving satisfaction in the same manner that a ciggy would.

-KT-

Oct 12, 2017

Vchick

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2010
NE Ohio
Well, I should have done more homework, I usually try and research a little better. The link posted in this thread was for their regular nicotine, that part is my fault :(

If you want to order the nic salt sample, use this link: Nicotine Salt Sample Request - Nude Nicotine.

As it turns out, they had never shipped until I inquired about it I think on the 13th, it finally arrived today. @Katya it seems like you've been lucky in the shipping department, hope it continues for you.

As a side note, on their home page it talks about a black Friday sale, be sure to look at the print, it's from 2016

-KT-

Oct 12, 2017
No salts - but great prices on nicotine:

[Removed]

I think I will stick with 100mg for mixing, though. Makes mistakes less mistakeful.

If people want to be test bunnies - one of the actual patents for nicsalts is here:

United States Patent Application: 0160044968

The recipes start at line 0123. The only thing I would add is that people need to understand that "stoichiometric" means that you have to *exactly* follow the suggested ratios for the chemical reaction to take place. Oh, and I am not a chemist. I take no responsibility if anything bad happens,

Last edited by a moderator:

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I use 100mg pg based nic salts. When you order diy nic salts they are ready to use. Some do successfully create their own salts. Liquid Nicotine Wholesale has great salts and their shipping is the cheapest I found. Have only used them once and been very pleased with service and product. Will be ordering more salts today from them.

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
Newport News, Virginia, United States
"Apparent pH was found to correlate with nicotine partitioning and can provide a useful indirect measure when chromatography is unavailable."

I.e ph is a good indicator of how much of the free-base nic gets protonated by the acid.

BUT....

"These measures might not give accurate distribution of Nic and NicH+ in the matrix due to the presence
of flavors and other additives that may affect the pH measurements."

I.e measure the ph BEFORE adding flavors etc.

Free-Base and Protonated Nicotine in Electronic Cigarette Liquids and Aerosols

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread