njoy recruiting high end juice manufacturers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 19, 2013
In the wilderness
Meanwhile they let the most anti vaping state representative in the nation (Paul Ray of Utah) go unchallenged.

Clarify "they"? If you mean Njoy, they may be a big player in vaping but I question if they have the resources to get as strongly involved in every race. Sure, now that I know who Paul Ray is I would hope they put up something in opposition.

If they means on this board? 100% correct. This is the first I heard of him (at least that I can recall, after a while it becomes difficult to keep up with the names). What I just read on him, he needs to go to. Is he one we need to keep in mind in 2 years or do their state reps go with longer terms? People of Utah, bookmark the year you need to try to take him down again, lol.

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
Introducing NJOY Artist Collection - YouTube

This is going to be really bad for the industry I think. As of now boutique juice makers tend to make the best juice. I can see this causing the industry to go the way of big tabacco.

Let me know what you guys think

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

The big guys make the best e-liquid, in my opinion. Halo, Alice In Vapeland, ProVape, Johnson Creek and what I have tried of NJOY. If I wanted untested home-brew with questionable or unknown ingredients I'd DIY...

Penn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 19, 2013
In the wilderness
The likelihood of a candidate winning affects the decision for corporate or national support. If it is seen as nothing will help the candidate, why waste money that can be spent where it makes a difference. Two things make defeating Ray difficult, if I am correct. He is an incumbent and he is a republican in a red state (the part I'm not completely certain on). I can see why people outside of the district wouldn't want to put their money there.

Instead of looking back, maybe look two years ahead. If Utah has primaries for state reps that would be the ideal place to unseat him since you are in a red state. That actually starts now with eroding his local support within his own party (and hey, that might lead to him not even running next time). If you are already perceived as a die-hard democrat by the republican establishment there this is out the window for you personally but you could start working local republican vapers and businesses if you have B&M's. The only ways to beat him in a general election are what you mentioned with outside support or an already high profile democrat.

Was the election closer than expected or closer than recent general elections? If so this could show outsiders the guy is beatable so backing in either primaries or general election could be something to lean on to get that outside support.

The Conrad James story may be some place to also gather support from the outside. As Greg said in his articles, that election is going to be heard elsewhere. Vaping support could be seen as a big factor in an incumbent defeat. Play that up as the ground work is laid (again, that actually means now).

Maybe in another 2 years this board will post a list of all candidates who support and another for those against vaping. I know a few people here in GA that are NOT single issue voters that were on the fence with the senate candidates and if one or the other came out with a definite stance on vaping it would have swayed them.

readeuler

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2014
Ohio, USA
The big guys make the best e-liquid, in my opinion. Halo, Alice In Vapeland, ProVape, Johnson Creek and what I have tried of NJOY. If I wanted untested home-brew with questionable or unknown ingredients I'd DIY...

Oh, Steve.

http://shop.perfumersapprentice.com/specsheetlist.aspx

Whether you have any interest in DIY, I think you're a little confused about which choice leaves you knowing the least.

readeuler

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2014
Ohio, USA
There's more in e-liquid than just flavors...

Yes, I'm well aware (in case you couldn't tell ;)). My point is that you insinuated DIYers have less capacity to know what's in their liquid, than what's in Johnson Creek's. This is false, and I'm simply pointing that out. I can pull up more detailed MSDS sheets for my raw materials than I can for Johnson Creek. I just wanted to point of that we're not all yokels, mixing with what we found at the local dollar store.

Compare big name and small name manufacturers all you like, but leave DIY out of it when it comes to unknowns.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
I think this is great - bringing liquid that WE have identified as high quality to a mass market. It can give the folks who deserve e-liquid success a bigger market....and perhaps can give new vapors a better initial experience.

(edit - and yeah, I laugh when people ask "do you know what's in that liquid?" - I know EXACTLY what's in it, I made it.)

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
Yes, I'm well aware (in case you couldn't tell ;)). My point is that you insinuated DIYers have less capacity to know what's in their liquid, than what's in Johnson Creek's. This is false, and I'm simply pointing that out. I can pull up more detailed MSDS sheets for my raw materials than I can for Johnson Creek. I just wanted to point of that we're not all yokels, mixing with what we found at the local dollar store.

Compare big name and small name manufacturers all you like, but leave DIY out of it when it comes to unknowns.

Do you test for diacetyl and acetoin? How about the purity of your VG, PG and nicotine? I actually do see a lot of threads about ingredients off the shelf from Walmart or tractor supply shops...

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
Not sure how you see this as selling out. Apparently these people make good juice, Njoy asked them to create something for them and they did. Without Njoy's legal challenge, you probably wouldn't even be vaping today. Njoy is not a BT company and they sell more than just cigalikes. Nice to see they are moving forward and not cowering under the threat of the FDA's deeming or BT's effort to making only closed cartridges legal. I applaud them and will try the juices.

glauserjg

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 16, 2012
buffalo,ny
Not sure how you see this as selling out. Apparently these people make good juice, Njoy asked them to create something for them and they did. Without Njoy's legal challenge, you probably wouldn't even be vaping today. Njoy is not a BT company and they sell more than just cigalikes. Nice to see they are moving forward and not cowering under the threat of the FDA's deeming or BT's effort to making only closed cartridges legal. I applaud them and will try the juices.

Fair enough, was just looking for opinions and respect what you have to say.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
We now have to put up with fighting Paul Ray for two more years. He was just reelected. (and some of us rang every doorbell in his district)
With no corporate or national support, we didn't stand a chance.

If Ray ran Unchallanged, that was a PARTY ISSUE. Did you, as a Resident of the state contact anyone as to presenting a Campaign Opponent?

Your argument that Ray needs to be ousted may be valid, but it takes the Residents to present their concerns to get that done.

As for Njoy, I do not support cig-a-like companies, but I will gladly tank any advantage we can get fighting the FDA.

danibanani

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2014
Ohio
Any other opinions on njoy?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I bought a kit from them when I first began vaping. Received it in the mail and was confused about the set-up being a newbie. The customer service representative so rude and condescending. I put everything back into their packages and sent them right back to them.

This was 2.5 weeks ago. Still haven't received my refund.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Introducing NJOY Artist Collection - YouTube

This is going to be really bad for the industry I think. As of now boutique juice makers tend to make the best juice. I can see this causing the industry to go the way of big tabacco.

Let me know what you guys think

I don't see a problem with this. I do not agree that boutique juice is generally better than non-boutique juice. OTOH, I've been making my own juice for almost 2 years now and things may have changed in that time.

IMO anything that gets more people to switch from smoking is a good thing. A lot of those people start out with cigalikes, so the more cigalikes improve the better for everyone. Besides, if open systems go away, it would be nice to be able to legally buy something off the shelf that's half decent if I wanted to once in a while :)

Chickentender

ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2014
Seattle

I agree with this wholeheartedly. I also believe NJoys movement in the industry is extremely positive given their stance. Of course it''s profit related but also clearly motivated by a respect of the industry and the experience that one would imagine would be really well received here.... I don't get the sell-out mentality posted here about these juice makers. It's pretty obvious none of them are just chasing a payoff.

NJoy is what brought me to into vaping without a doubt and I still carry a King in my bag for emergencies. In fact a week ago one of them wound up being a "dud" and only lasted about 25 puffs or so. I emailed NJoy and they responded within 15 minutes (no exaggeration), asked for my details and the code on that King pack, and sent me out two replacements - no questions asked. They were incredibly friendly about the whole thing to boot. I was impressed. I've tried a number of their juices as well and (I believe theyre Johnson Creek made) they are nothing earth-shattering but *really* enjoyable to me.

As to the industry and boutique or DIY.... many things are up in the air, but if you look to the wine and spirits industry there seems to be plenty of room for Maker's Mark and Absolute ALONG WITH so many local boutique distilleries making fantastic stuff as well ... and conversely this includes *many* small shops that make spirits that *aren't* very good whatsover but still thrive based solely on the fact that they are "local" and "boutique"). There is room for it all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread