no longer like the leo

Status
Not open for further replies.

monsterkitty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2010
southwest
i have to say that when i first got the leo i loved it, even though i never used it much. i first bought one around early january, had three atomizers total. all three are now kaput, and even though it's been a while since the original purchase, these atomizers really didn't get used enough to crap out as soon as they did. i have 510 attys that were bought around the same time that are still going, and the 510's get used constantly! i'm really disappointed.

monsterkitty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2010
southwest
thanks for the replies and sorry for taking so long to get back here. a very busy schedule has kept me away from the board completely until now.

i did some searching for leo atty's, found some for 9.95 at litecigusa. that's pretty cheap, also they have genuine leo 510's for 7.95, i bought enough of each to get the free shipping.

even though i was really disappointed, i like the leo alot so i broke down and bought some. my other choice is to buy a whole new set-up of something else. my main vape is my 5v box mod with a standard 510, but i am growing tired of it and plan to put the leo to better use. i have 2 or 3 batteries, might as well use them.

btw, i came across leo atomizers being sold for as high as 19.95! thats a rip-off.

so how does eveyone clean their leo attys? i read somehwere that if they are cleaned using an alcohol soak it drastically cuts down on the life of the atty. i was using alcohol to clean them, i wonder if that did it? from now on i'll flush in warm (not hot) water.

Jackal3

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2010
Cleveland OH USA
www.whitestagvapor.com
Monsterkitty, I'm sorry you had a bad Leo experience. Many of the vendors will honor the 3 month warranty. If not (and you purchased it less than 3 months ago), contact me and I will get the bad part to Boge and send a replacement.

You stated something about a "genuine leo 510's for 7.95"; What is a Leo 510?

As for cleaning most folks do what they seem comfortable doing. I like the alcohol-hot water rinse method. Others are trying baking soda and hot water, some just blow it out. The trick is blowing it out and drying it thoroughly, no matter what method you use. Any water inside the atomizer may diminish its use. However, proper drying, priming with ejuice and use will keep it running a long time.

One of the main reasons for atomizers dying is the fact that the polyfill inside the Leo cartridge will shrink with excessive heat. This reduces the wicking process, sometimes stops it. Without the proper wicking of ejuice, the atomizer can, and will, become over heated. This will eventually pop the atomizer.

The Fix: Keep a pair of tweezers handy and pluck up the poly fill every time you refill it. Just fluff it up until it is about level with the open end of the cartridge. Then refill with your ejuice. I do this to my cartridges until the poly fill inside becomes too shredded (2-3 days). Then I toss it and start another. I've yet to pop a Leo atomizer.

There are several threads about cleaning and battery/atomizer care here in the Leo subforum. Check them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread