Status
Not open for further replies.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
the powerpro is a custom tube that requires you to disassemble your provari and then insert the board and the topcap, then lets you use a 26650 battery. there's a video of how to do it and it just had me screaming "whyyyyyyyyy, whyyyyy would you do this!" at my computer screen.

umm nope then, not me, i just prefer to mod/refinish the real tubes, and i picked up a sort of non working one cheap. when i opened it i could see the button coming undon and upon further inspection i got to see inside. under the rubber button is a round piece of metal with a tab like the letter Q but with the tail inside. when you press the button it presses this tail onto a contact in the center. i can see this switch standing up to massive abuse with no moving parts inside.

the picture is that switch after i reassembled it. sturdy little board BTW.

Last edited:

soba1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 27, 2013
Van Nuys Ca., USA
When I started vaping I did like the click of the ego button.
I likened it to the lighter, so it replaced that part of the smoking ritual.
But I have to say the smoothness of the Provari button oh man.
I do miss the telescope feature kinda. But the precision
of that battery cap is flawless. Ok I know this was about the
button so forgive me but I'm in Provari euphoria.
I have been vaping so much that I am nic sick kinda lol

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Man what a miserable piece of junk. Tell ya what I'll do I'll buy it off ya fer 20 bux. Then you won't ever have to worry about the button again. PM me! LOL

Don't listen to Raynman.

He is just giving you a Hard Time.

I kinda like the way the Provari button works. It's hard to Accidently Fire when it gets pushed against something. That and I HATE Clicky Buttons. The make me Coo Coo for Cocoa Puffs.

BTW - I'll give you $21.95 for that Provari of yours with the Bad Button.

Thunderball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2013
Grayson, Georgia
the button is an electronic switch, not a mechanical, this is why there is no click. so it does not like sleepy fingers.

the button on the outside is not connected to anything. it sits on a rubber button that when pressed pushes a spring plate onto the contacts and unless pressed solidly wont fire (dont ask me how i know lol) but this type of contact will last for years and is pretty sealed from fluids.

Good info there for those of us that may be "on the fence" about getting one.

Thunderball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2013
Grayson, Georgia
Don't listen to Raynman.

He is just giving you a Hard Time.

I kinda like the way the Provari button works. It's hard to Accidently Fire when it gets pushed against something. That and I HATE Clicky Buttons. The make me Coo Coo for Cocoa Puffs.

BTW - I'll give you $21.95 for that Provari of yours with the Bad Button.

I will give you 22.50, two vamo's and one 650 health keeping set.......

vang0gh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2013
Plainfield, IL, USA
I do miss the telescope feature kinda. But the precision
of that battery cap is flawless.

I prefer interchangeable tubes to telescoping, at least compared to the way my ZMax telescopes. With an 18650 battery in it, the end piece of the ZMax has a bit of "wobble" to it.

I wasn't crazy about the Provari button when I first got it. But, it grew on me and now the flimsy buttons on my other devices are what bothers me.

Zak Rabbit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2013
Orange, California, United States
I think they all do - both of mine do. I sometimes find myself lightly tapping on them - click, click, click - the way I used to chew on a pencil eraser.

You ARE talking about the Provari button, right?

Sent via the guys that made Star Trek low tech.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I think they all do - both of mine do. I sometimes find myself lightly tapping on them - click, click, click - the way I used to chew on a pencil eraser.

Well at least your Not Chewing on the Button - chew, chew, chew - like the way I used to Tap on a pencil eraser.

;)

john333

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
Indiana
I keep the light on my button turned off. It only comes on when the battery is drained. I guess some people think you should not drain the battery that far but I am still using the original batts I got from a couple years ago. Have a couple new ones two but they are all still in rotation. My only problems with a button malfunction is human error on my part. I do have a bad habit of placing my thumb nail between the button and the hole then pulling it out to make a click sound. Hope I am not filling it up over with little pieces of my nail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread