Not looking good

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandallFlagg

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
Denver, Co, USA
I think someone should find out what members of the Senate smoke and send them all an e-cig.... anyone send Obama one?

It already happened. A senator and Obama were both sent ecigs.
I don't have the link, though.

Edit:
Found it!
http://thehill.com/leading-the-news...uff-out-electronic-cigarettes-2009-03-23.html

Stearns has sent electronic cigarettes to House Minority Leader John Boehner (R-Ohio) and President Obama to help them quit smoking. He’s been seen using the device in the Speaker’s Lobby, where Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) banned smoking two years ago. Her office did not respond to a request for comment by press time.

Last edited:
Lucky Charm, when I click the "here" it just goes to a page that "No Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator"
Dammit. I've had that error when trying to click to links to other threads in this forum -- must be a bug. Anyway, the actual form is here. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Bookmark it in case you need to change any info in the future, and please pass it on!

Thanks,

~~Cheryl

Rickgren

ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2009
Riverside California
Well, if alcoholism is a disease and being obese is a disease. Can't being addicted to nicotine be one too? Then we can all get prescriptions and the Government can tax the hell out of it. Make them here; big tobacco companies can start making them. Almost 1200 (yep, that was 1200) Americans die a day to smoking. It would work out beter for them if 1200 customers didn't die aday. And they could make the liquid also. They make medication for both alcoholism and being obese. There was phen phen..errrr and hydroxy errrrr The FDA was cool with those 2 drugs. If only they did as good of a job monitoring those 2 as they have been with E-cigs. Really makes me question if it really is our health they are looking after.

RoadwarriorsLive

Jun 11, 2009
Well all I know is I am stocking up. I saw ecigs on a news story here in Chicago last week. Hopped on the net and placed an order. Got mine Ecig today and tried it out.

I was not even planning on quitting. Been trying to quit since I was 18 and I will be 44 this year. I have a carton of cigs in the freezer and have not touched the open pack thats on the table. I am amazed.

Outlawing these would be a crime.

No more crap and poision in my system. get one of these guys on the phone with either my Mother or wife. Both have been trying to get me to stop analogs for years. Let them talk to my kids 5 & 6 yrs old. See how happy they are daddy is not smoking.

Best of all I am not a crab ... like every other time I stopped. Does this solve the problem? No. Is it a better choice? Yes.

I am a big boy. Let me decide what might kill me. Goverment has not done a very good job at it so far.

ArizonaVapin

ECF Veteran
May 9, 2009
US, AZ
I wouldn't bother with plans of distribution. How in the hell are they going to prevent 100,000 small packages a month from getting in? Even if they stop half of mine, I'll will still save tons of money. After doing the math, I am spending 5x less than analogs. Even if they stopped 4 out of 5 I would still be ahead.

If the government wants to lose any possibility from making money on these products, then let them. We will just be sending money to China direct instead of supporting legitimate US small businesses. Then nothing whatsoever will be taxed with no jobs being created at home. If they are that ......ed...So be it!

ramblingrose

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2009
New Jersey USA
I was not even planning on quitting. Been trying to quit since I was 18 and I will be 44 this year. I have a carton of cigs in the freezer and have not touched the open pack thats on the table. I am amazed.

Outlawing these would be a crime.

No more crap and poision in my system. get one of these guys on the phone with either my Mother or wife. Both have been trying to get me to stop analogs for years. Let them talk to my kids 5 & 6 yrs old. See how happy they are daddy is not smoking.

Best of all I am not a crab ... like every other time I stopped. Does this solve the problem? No. Is it a better choice? Yes.

I am a big boy. Let me decide what might kill me. Government has not done a very good job at it so far.
It's the way most of us feel. Unfortunately, it falls on deaf ears. Junkies get free clean needles and methadone. We get Quit or die.

They will not kill me. I have hardware to last many years, and plenty of juice. If I eventually can't get nicotine I'll learn to live without it, which is the best ultimate goal anyway.

roxinal

ECF Veteran
May 22, 2009
marshalltown iowa
Sorry, but there will be no vaping revolution. The government has been getting away with much more without problems. Yes, there will be few laud voices for few weeks after the ban and maybe some late-night TV hosts will make a joke or two, but that will be all. After few months it will be back to normal, back to paying $10/pack for analogs.

As far as I know, Australia was successful banning e-cigs there. Unfortunately I don't think it will be any different in the US.

I seen on the web today that Hong Kong is banned to sell or even have in their possesion an ecig, but isnt that where most of them come from?
Roxinal:confused:

lorraineg57

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2009
Outside Pgh, PA
It already happened. A senator and Obama were both sent ecigs.
I don't have the link, though.

Edit:
Found it!
TheHill.com - Sen. Lautenberg wants to snuff out electronic cigarettes

Stearns has sent electronic cigarettes to House Minority Leader John Boehner (R-Ohio) and President Obama to help them quit smoking. He’s been seen using the device in the Speaker’s Lobby, where Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) banned smoking two years ago. Her office did not respond to a request for comment by press time.

Obama's been seen using it in the Speaker's Lobby? Sorry, I've been absent for a week.

My mother died last week, June 9th of emphysema and possible lung cancer. We hadn't gotten the results of the lab testing on the fluid they tapped from her lung before she passed. This was all unexpected and unfolded in 4 days time. I HAVE to quit smoking, I WILL NOT put my children through what I witnessed watching my mother pass.

RandallFlagg

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
Denver, Co, USA
Obama's been seen using it in the Speaker's Lobby? Sorry, I've been absent for a week.

My mother died last week, June 9th of emphysema and possible lung cancer. We hadn't gotten the results of the lab testing on the fluid they tapped from her lung before she passed. This was all unexpected and unfolded in 4 days time. I HAVE to quit smoking, I WILL NOT put my children through what I witnessed watching my mother pass.

Oh, I am so sorry.
:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread