Not looking good

Status
Not open for further replies.

lorraineg57

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2009
Outside Pgh, PA
Dee and Tropical Bob,

Thanks so much for the kind thoughts. I spoke with her almost daily and took her grocery shopping every few weeks. I kept asking her about the fact that she was losing weight but she kept blowing me off and refused to see a doctor. She never told me that she'd had ........ for the past 4 days, had not eaten and had been coughing up blood for who knows how long? She told me at the hospital that she "didn't want to be a burden"....:(

She hadn't been the same since my dad passed almost 14 years ago...never got past it.

marlin

Unregistered Supplier
Apr 18, 2009
central florida
www.ecigwars.com
lorraineg57, I am so sorry to hear that, Our thoughts are with you.

Isn't this supposed to be the country that has a constitution that reads not what the people are allowed to do, but what the government is NOT allowed to do?

We need to start commercials, magazine ads, radio ads and all other sorts of advertisements that have kids asking the government to not force their parents to go back to smoking tobacco cigarettes because the government wants their tax revenue.

That is what I do on e cig wars. I have been trying to put out 2 press releases each week directly answering the propaganda that the pharma, anti-smoking and tobacco industry puts out.

There is no other way to stop them from robbing us of our freedom, because they use the media to scare the general population and sway public opinion so that they can push their agends through.

Sadly, I just can not afford to do a press release every day or I would. I am not trying to win some journalistic awards, but rather fight back with the same tools they use against us by educating the public to the facts, point out their deceptions.

But the ads doing what you suggested would be a major benefit, and a few banners on some high traffic websites pointing to some informational post with the real facts would help slow down the tide of the wars by proxy from the pharma and tobacco lobby through special interest.

I will continue to do what I am doing, and that is fight back and try to expose them for what they are, if everyone here would do that, just one press release a week, then the public would get the real story and make it a lot harder for them to sway public opinion and get our vaps take away.

I just do not have the money to do it all myself. and it is not that expensive, about $250.00 a week to put out 1 press release each day. I just can not afford 1 k a month to do that many.

So, here is an idea, why not write your retailer and ask them to put out 1 press release each week telling the good that e cigarettes do? There is enough suppliers and retailers to keep a fresh press release out everyday.

Then get someone to organize or build a dedicated page on a website and do some banner ads pointing to the page, that educates the public. Use the banners you spoke of with the child asking for the government not to kill their Dad because they want the revenue.

If the vaping community got together and ran that kind of campaign, it would be a lot more effective than the e cig assoc ever thought of.
With public support, they can not fight it effectively. This method has been proven throughout history, and it really is our only chance.

Tekn0ph1sh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
Florida
Can someone explain to me how is nicotrol, already fda approved, different than a PV. They added an atomizer and a battery to drive it but its essentially the same thing. It just gives the added illusion that you are smoking.

And Hi!

I'm a social smoker. 10 years ago that was a different story but I managed to mostly quit. I enjoy the occasional Clove (now illegal) yay :( and a good cigar from time to time. Still about once or twice a week usually after a stressful day all I can think about is having a nice smoke but I usually deny myself. I have been looking for a healthier alternative. And I miss my after meal, after.... you know... smoke.

I have been lurking for a couple of weeks now. I ended up purchasing a 510 for me and my wife. She is a pack a day smoker that I am hoping will enjoy the PV. She doesn't want to quit but I'm hoping that once she tries it she will like it and choose to use it more than her pack. Crossing my fingers.

Anyways... here's to hoping the man will be about as successful controlling PVs and Juice as they have been on the war on drugs.

Tekno

Can someone explain to me how is nicotrol, already fda approved, different than a PV. They added an atomizer and a battery to drive it but its essentially the same thing. It just gives the added illusion that you are smoking.
What is Nicotrol? Do you have any pics?

~~Cheryl

Bones

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 3, 2009
Austin, Texas

And Hi!

I'm a social smoker. 10 years ago that was a different story but I managed to mostly quit. I enjoy the occasional Clove (now illegal) yay :( and a good cigar from time to time. Still about once or twice a week usually after a stressful day all I can think about is having a nice smoke but I usually deny myself. I have been looking for a healthier alternative. And I miss my after meal, after.... you know... smoke.

I have been lurking for a couple of weeks now. I ended up purchasing a 510 for me and my wife. She is a pack a day smoker that I am hoping will enjoy the PV. She doesn't want to quit but I'm hoping that once she tries it she will like it and choose to use it more than her pack. Crossing my fingers.

Anyways... here's to hoping the man will be about as successful controlling PVs and Juice as they have been on the war on drugs.

Tekno

Because they went through FDA approval through the drug companies Was a prescription only thing first - Costs a lot and has hardly any nicotine in it - Like 2 cigs worth and the amount is strickly controled by the FDA - Of course you could suck on 10 at a time - But -Pfizer gives bunches of money to politicians and - There you have it - E-Cig distributors (well some of them) did not play by the proper rules or line the right pockets - Nicotrol did not get approved overnight either - They did go through research and testing for a while - Amazon.com: Nicotrol Inhalers 168 cartridges - Nicotine Inhalation System: Health & Personal Care _ The man don't wanna take em away - The man just wants his CUT!

Last edited:

inkedfilm

Jun 24, 2009
Hello everyone. I’m new to the ecigarette world and also to this forum. In my decision of which product to buy (Joye 510) and also where to buy (E-Smokeytreats.com) with great feedback from all of the members and video reviews by Terraphon (Youtube handle – thanks by the way, your reviews are awesome and amusing) I feel like I could find a home in this community. I also feel that this and many other communities are in jeopardy.
Like most of you I have been smoking for 14+ years and tried quitting. Each time I failed not only because of the nicotine addiction but also the physical addiction and the realization that I LIKED it. I enjoy smoking when on a phone call or working. Thanks to the ecig I can continue to enjoy this without the side effects and knowing in the back of my mind that it might hinder me from seeing my future children grow and have grand children. I feel so strongly about this product and where it will go that I’ve decided to step up and do all I can to see it grow in popularity and social acceptance. Many people complain and talk about stock piling reserves in case the FDA closes its fist on us.
We need to be heard. We, as the believers in this product, need to educate the public. How? By any means necessary.
I am a filmmaker from NY who would like to produce a documentary on Ecigs. I want to show the truth behind the product and bring the faces of those it’s helped (and those whose lives were saved by the product) into the light. I have the equipment and the know how to get it professionally and legitimately done but I need help from some members to make this happen.
I don’t want your money, I want your knowledge. Here’s what I need:
1) I need stories of people who have quit smoking (or drastically cut down) thanks to the ecig. I want to interview you/your family on camera.
2) I need facts:
a. What chemicals are in ecigs? (good and bad)
b. What research has been done? (positive and negative)
c. Who is trying to ban it and why (Let’s expose the hypocrisy)
d. Nicotine facts (good and bad)
3) I would also like vendors to showcase products and talk about how they make their juice and other such things.
4) ANYTHING YOU MIGHT SUGGEST
The documentary has to be honest, hence why I ask for the good and bad. We cannot get called out on our information as trying to slant the truth. We’re not like those trying to ban us and we won’t lie. This could be the perfect tool to introduce the public to the product and possibly help others. Will it work? Let’s hope so. If not, we tried another way to get ourselves heard.
Anyone willing to be interviewed, please be in the New York area as I can’t afford to fly all over the place though I’d like to. You can PM me and tell me your story. Anyone who feels they can help in anyway feel free to suggest how. Let’s make this happen and be quick about it! Time might just be running out! :shock:

PS I tried to make this a new thread but I'm not allowed to make new threads? What's that about? Everyone please spread this to whoever may be able to help!

I don't think he means money - I think he means affording the time and effort - He probly has other obligations - :)
marlin said, "I just do not have the money to do it all myself. and it is not that expensive, about $250.00 a week to put out 1 press release each day. I just can not afford 1 k a month to do that many."

As far as I know, all you have to do is type up a press release in the standard format, including all relevant info, and send it to a newspaper! Where is he sending them that they charge money for it? Is he using a service to send to multiple news outlets? That may be why, but an even easier solution is for us all to organize and send out press releases to our local papers. The problem is how to organize.

~~Cheryl

Tallgirl1974

ECF Veteran
Apr 23, 2009
Loganville, Ga
And yes, put me on your contact list as well. I will be your #1 customer.

Im not a supplier/seller- but as of right now I have five people who make orders with me and we all half the shipping making it super cheap. If you want to go in on these orders, PM me with your email and I will put you on the order loop. We order about once and month-You do have to come out of pocket again once the orders get to me so I can mail them to you, but even after that is done you get a deal better than a seller can offer. I have a reliable supplier from china who is great at being subtle, if you know what I mean. I only use paypal as of right now, but working on a back up if paypal starts being jerks about ecigs. Anyway, any bans wont stop our group from getting our stuff any way we can. :)

Bones

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 3, 2009
Austin, Texas
marlin said, "I just do not have the money to do it all myself. and it is not that expensive, about $250.00 a week to put out 1 press release each day. I just can not afford 1 k a month to do that many."

As far as I know, all you have to do is type up a press release in the standard format, including all relevant info, and send it to a newspaper! Where is he sending them that they charge money for it? Is he using a service to send to multiple news outlets? That may be why, but an even easier solution is for us all to organize and send out press releases to our local papers. The problem is how to organize.

~~Cheryl

Ahhhh - Sorry missed that - Yea, I have no idea what he means by that - A press release has only ever cost me 42 cents to mail it in and the cost of paper and ink to print it - Is he doing Video releases?

Bones

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 3, 2009
Austin, Texas
Hello everyone. I’m new to the ecigarette world and also to this forum. In my decision of which product to buy (Joye 510) and also where to buy (E-Smokeytreats.com) with great feedback from all of the members and video reviews by Terraphon (Youtube handle – thanks by the way, your reviews are awesome and amusing) I feel like I could find a home in this community. I also feel that this and many other communities are in jeopardy.
Like most of you I have been smoking for 14+ years and tried quitting. Each time I failed not only because of the nicotine addiction but also the physical addiction and the realization that I LIKED it. I enjoy smoking when on a phone call or working. Thanks to the ecig I can continue to enjoy this without the side effects and knowing in the back of my mind that it might hinder me from seeing my future children grow and have grand children. I feel so strongly about this product and where it will go that I’ve decided to step up and do all I can to see it grow in popularity and social acceptance. Many people complain and talk about stock piling reserves in case the FDA closes its fist on us.
We need to be heard. We, as the believers in this product, need to educate the public. How? By any means necessary.
I am a filmmaker from NY who would like to produce a documentary on Ecigs. I want to show the truth behind the product and bring the faces of those it’s helped (and those whose lives were saved by the product) into the light. I have the equipment and the know how to get it professionally and legitimately done but I need help from some members to make this happen.
I don’t want your money, I want your knowledge. Here’s what I need:
1) I need stories of people who have quit smoking (or drastically cut down) thanks to the ecig. I want to interview you/your family on camera.
2) I need facts:
a. What chemicals are in ecigs? (good and bad)
b. What research has been done? (positive and negative)
c. Who is trying to ban it and why (Let’s expose the hypocrisy)
d. Nicotine facts (good and bad)
3) I would also like vendors to showcase products and talk about how they make their juice and other such things.
4) ANYTHING YOU MIGHT SUGGEST
The documentary has to be honest, hence why I ask for the good and bad. We cannot get called out on our information as trying to slant the truth. We’re not like those trying to ban us and we won’t lie. This could be the perfect tool to introduce the public to the product and possibly help others. Will it work? Let’s hope so. If not, we tried another way to get ourselves heard.
Anyone willing to be interviewed, please be in the New York area as I can’t afford to fly all over the place though I’d like to. You can PM me and tell me your story. Anyone who feels they can help in anyway feel free to suggest how. Let’s make this happen and be quick about it! Time might just be running out! :shock:

PS I tried to make this a new thread but I'm not allowed to make new threads? What's that about? Everyone please spread this to whoever may be able to help!

The list you have posted reads like a description of this forum -
Just read the forum - I can't imagine that there is any more information possible to relate to you on those subjects that has not already been given repeatedly on this forum -

Last edited:

inkedfilm

Jun 24, 2009
You're right. I'm sure the information I'm looking for is all over this site. The problem is it's scattered and finding it would be very time consuming. I'd like to get this thing going ASAP. I'm just asking for assistance in gathering information. If any of you can help me by just linking to specific threads of information that is important to convey to the public/ our representatives.

I can't do this on my own, especially in an ever shortening time frame. This is for all of us and those who's lives could be bettered.

Tallgirl1974

ECF Veteran
Apr 23, 2009
Loganville, Ga
You're right. I'm sure the information I'm looking for is all over this site. The problem is it's scattered and finding it would be very time consuming. I'd like to get this thing going ASAP. I'm just asking for assistance in gathering information. If any of you can help me by just linking to specific threads of information that is important to convey to the public/ our representatives.

I can't do this on my own, especially in an ever shortening time frame. This is for all of us and those who's lives could be bettered.

Yes, it tends to be confusing and tedious trying to wade thru posts! start a new thread (I see you're a full member now! lol) and ask specifically for links that we found the most helpful or informative. That and the link you just got from spikey- there isnt much more info that isnt there. Its not easy to wrap this up all nice and pretty, there is so much to say about them, not as many facts as speculation and theroies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread