Nothing About Us. Without Us. (Title Edited)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jessica99

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 8, 2012
London
Tuesdays News at a glance:

An interview with a Dutch vaping advocate .. The Face of Big vaping .. Nicotine makes you smarter. Journalists need some urgently .. Another scare story about e-cigarettes. What we should be worrying about is sugar .. A Moral and Ethical Responsibility to Educate .. They are StillBlowingSmoke .. More Truth-Free Junk From The BMA .. Alarmist survey on teenage vaping misses the point .. Expert reaction to study on e-cigarette use by teenagers .. A real peer review of Hughes et al paper on teenage use of ecigs ..

Jessica99

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 8, 2012
London
Wednesdays News at a glance:

E-Cigarettes Poised to Save Medicaid Billions .. Dr George Rae – Transcript .. Planet of the vapes: inside one nicotine megafactory .. California State University Chemistry Professor: ‘No Scientific Reason to Restrict Vaping’ .. British Medical Association Misleads On E-Cigarettes .. Anti-smoking Assessment Tool .. Fontem Ventures rejects reports of teenage EVP take-up .. FDA chief exits as e-cig fight smolders .. E-Cigarette Opponent Uses Cross-Sectional Study to Conclude that E-Cigs are a Gateway to Smoking .. Nicotine Science and Policy – Daily Digest - Wed, 1 April 2015

Jessica99

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 8, 2012
London
Thursdays News at a glance:

AFNOR publishes first world standards for electronic cigarettes and e-liquids – Don’t Do Ron Ron – Australian Medical Groups Want to Give Cigarettes a Monopoly by Keeping the Real Ones and Banning the Fake Ones – Blithering stupidity about electronic cigarettes – Not Blowing Smoke – Distorted Messages Undermine Tobacco Control – 1942 Study Uncovers Incredible Health Benefits of Inhaled Propylene Glycol – Nicotine Science and Policy – Daily Digest - Thu, 2 April 2015

nomore stinkies

Gee, Who did that?
ECF Veteran
Feb 23, 2014
IL

Okay now I feel guilty. Although I am a PITA to my representatives (that sounds absurd....MY representatives?? Yeah right.) I am now going to be just a little more forceful (tactfully of course) with my presentation of evidence to the contrary on e-cigarettes. I have printed about 10 articles (the improved lung function is of course first) and I am going to present it to some physicians. SLOWLY... I'll start with the lungs, public exposures, proponents (Clive, Dr. Gill, Seigel etc.) and testimonials. I have to approach this slowly. But damn it we are battling ignorance and I am very tired of it. I'll start with the RIGHT if you know what I mean. A little more reasonable. .Have to be careful of the LEFT side.

Jessica99

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 8, 2012
London
Good Fridays News at a glance:

Tobacco Free CA Becomes “Victims” Of Grassroots Astroturfing - Public Health and the Public - Chapman: Do As I Say, Not As I Do - Semifinal Results for Worst E-Cigarette Lie - Call to Action 04 April 2015 (Bumper Easter Special) - 10 Health Experts who Endorse E-Cigarettes - WikiVapia. The Vaping Encyclopedia -Nicotine Science and Policy - Daily Digest - Fri, 3 April 2015

Jessica99

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 8, 2012
London

Vaping and THR Briefings – E-cigarettes: if they’re good enough for Nigel Farage – Astroturf? Really? Why Vaping Activisim is Suspect – Politics and power – Is vaping the subculture of 2015? – ‘Internet vermin’ target health advocates – More on “public health” and the mirror image delusion (California War on Ecigs edition) – A vaping advocate makes the case for e-cigarettes – Positive media, little coverage – E cigarettes and the Washing of Hands – E-Cigarettes and Smoking Cessation: Evidence from a Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis – “We Are Trained To Misinform” – Ex-Big Pharma Sales Rep Speaks Out About The Deception In The Pharmaceutical Industry – A new study verifies that e-cigarettes are less toxic on lung cells compared to tobacco cigarettes – Nicotine Science and Policy – Daily Digest - Wed, 8 April 2015

Jessica99

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 8, 2012
London

Norwegian Department of Health positive to harm reducing e-cigarettes – Evaluation of E-Cigarette Liquid Vapor and Mainstream Cigarette Smoke after Direct Exposure of Primary Human Bronchial Epithelial Cells – How to make a fortune – GFN Programme update – California vaping: The new subculture – Nicotine Science and Policy – Daily Digest - Thu, 9 April 2015

Jessica99

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 8, 2012
London
Fridays News at a glance:

ASH Wales: Results of our survey on young people’s awareness and use of E-Cigarettes – California Department of Public “Health” gone over the line with e-cigarettes: wasting tax-payers’ money to endanger public health – FoxNews’s Greg Gutfeld exposes corrupt CA anti-E-Cig campaign – New CDC Ads Challenge Value of NRT in Quitting Smoking – Baseless Californian E-Cig Propaganda – Nicotine Science and Policy – Daily Digest - Fri, 10 April 2015

Jessica99

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 8, 2012
London
Mondays News at a glance:

Commonsense and decency sacrificed on the altar of public health – E-Cigarettes on Radio 4 You & Yours – New Vaper’s Rights Site True Astroturf? – Offline: What is medicine’s 5 sigma? – Imaginary Friends – Gabriel Scally’s Big Fat Fail – Will Self And His Addiction To Vaping – Nicotine Science and Policy – Daily Digest - Mon, 13 April 2015

Jessica99

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 8, 2012
London

Epithelial Research – Chinese Regulatory Working Group on Electronic Cigarettes – Two Prominent Tobacco Control Researchers are Not Sure Smoking is Any More Harmful than Vaping – Their Product Is Doubt–Deceptive Government Campaign Against Electronic Cigarettes – Truth About Vaping – Episode 1 “Why They Hate Us” – Nicotine Science and Policy – Daily Digest - Tue, 14 April 2015

Jessica99

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 8, 2012
London

Liberal Democrat manifesto supports vapers! – Evaluation of E-Cigarette Liquid Vapor and Mainstream Cigarette Smoke after Direct Exposure of Primary Human Bronchial Epithelial Cells – E-cigarettes are popular with teenagers – but few of those who try them become regular users – New report from Norwegian Institute of Public Health causes more harm than health – Nicotine Science and Policy – Daily Digest - Wed, 15 April 2015

Jessica99

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 8, 2012
London

Another Incompetent Chief Medical Officer – Dr. Farsalinos asks The Norwegian Institute of Public Health to retract false statements – Norwegian Institute of Public Health must IMMEDIATELY retract false statements about passive e-cigarette exposure – Reality Bites the Dust in New Smokeless Tobacco Study – E-cigs ‘aren’t addictive’ says poll of 10,000 – Many teenagers try e-cigarettes but few become regular users, study finds – New CDC Report on E-Cigarettes Shatters Gateway Myth – Doctors Earn $3.5 Billion in Kickbacks from Pharmaceutical Companies – expert reaction to surveys of e-cigarette use in teenagers – Nicotine Science and Policy – Daily Digest - Thu, 16 April 2015

BuGlen

Divergent
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2012
Tampa, Florida
It's been a very busy day on the interwebz with stories about FUD flavoring scares, ineffective cessation "studies", and the CDC data and press release. However, within hours of the CDC press release and the cessation report (sponsored by the people who brought you Still Blowing Smoke), Dr. Siegel wrote two articles on his web site to basically trash them both.

What used to take days to debunk is now just taking hours! :toast:

Jessica99

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 8, 2012
London
Fridays News at a glance:

Flavor – a Public Enemy? – ViP Call to Action – What to do about… – Smoking and Vaping Keep Moving in Opposite Directions Among Teenagers – CDC’s latest survey on teen “tobacco” use conflates vaping with smoking. But it’s not the same – E-cigarettes make quitting smoking HARDER, study claims – SIRUS and Institute for Public Health in TV debate – Nicotine Science and Policy – Daily Digest - Fri, 17 April 2015

Reactions: DrMA

Jessica99

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 8, 2012
London
Mondays News at a glance:

Louise Ross: why shouldn’t people with poor mental health have the same opportunities as everyone else? – Mad Stan’s Descent Into Parody – Public Health and The Tractor – Peering Through the Haze – The Irish Cancer Society’s hard sell – E-cigarettes and teenagers: cause for concern? – Guest Blog: My First Hustings – E-cigs, journalists, newspapers and the truth? – US E-cigarette Regulation Issues Q&A – CDC is Running a Dishonest Campaign Against E-Cigarettes Which is Re-Normalizing Smoking – Nicotine Science and Policy Daily Digest - Mon, 20 April 2015

Reactions: DrMA

Jessica99

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 8, 2012
London

E-cigarettes – does type and frequency of use influence quitting amongst smokers? – You May Be Using the Wrong E-Cigarette Type to Quit Smoking – E-Cigarette Opponent Admits that He Wants to Suppress the Truth About Vaping Success – Vaping in the USA: When the lie’s so big – Welsh Dragon -Expert reaction to two new papers – investigating frequency of e-cigarette use and smoking reduction or cessation, and investigating frequency and type of e-cigarette use and quitting smoking – The ACP warns against e-cigarettes. Why? No good reason, but all their peer groups do as well. – Nicotine Science and Policy – Daily Digest - Tue, 21 April 2015

Jessica99

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 8, 2012
London
In the News 22nd April

Norwegian Institute of Public Health responded to my commentary – Experts Say E-Cigarettes Could Save Tens Of Thousands Of Lives Every Year – California ecig “regulation” hearing: a catalog of lies (part 1) – E-Cigarettes- What are E-Cigarettes? – A pilot study on nicotine residues in houses of electronic cigarette users, tobacco smokers, and non-users of nicotine-containing products – Teen Ecig Use Increases CDC Frames Attack – Nicotine Science and Policy – Daily Digest - Wed, 22 April 2015

Reactions: caramel

Jessica99

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 8, 2012
London
In the News 23rd April

CDC Refuses to Ask Critical Survey Question So that Results Don’t Foul Up Its Attack on E-Cigarettes – Institutionalised Lying – An Interview with Nicotine Expert Dr Jacques Le Houezec – Regular e-cigarette use in children, adolescents low – Vaping: it’s like smoking, only more manly – Take a Deep Breath if You Want to Try Competitive Vaping – California ecig “regulation” hearing: a catalog of lies (part 2) – NYTimes editorial and op-ed sows confusion between e-cigs and real ones – Why The CDC Has It Wrong About The Rise In Teen Vaping – Why Is The CDC Lying About E-Cigarettes? – Public Health Circus – Nicotine Science and Policy – Daily Digest - Thu, 23 April 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread