Obama MAY be the answer

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHUCKLEHEAD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2009
Redneck Rivera
You know... last I check cigarettes arn't FDA approved... So why do we need their approval for a smoking alternative?
FUNNYCHINK-1.jpg
Please enlighten me:confused:

DragonVapor

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2010
San Antonio, TX
There is a point when a government body is no longer even pretending that they are fair and uncorrupted... I'm kinda feeling like the FDA is there....

The government is so busy sticking their hands in the tobacco companies pockets (undoubtedly to given them a hand job) that they've forgotten that all those taxes are because smoking is bad... And what the devil is the ALA doing speaking out against E-cigs... there is no research that suggests nicotine causes cancer and propylene glycol obviously doesn't...

me who

ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2009
East Coast, Maryland
The government is so busy sticking their hands in the tobacco

Oh, their not the only ones... just got back from helping the neighbor shred some of last years baccy harvest. Growing tobacco was the fall back plan last year when they raised the tobacco tax; bottom line, not one more dime from me.;)

DragonVapor

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2010
San Antonio, TX
Oh, their not the only ones... just got back from helping the neighbor shred some of last years baccy harvest. Growing tobacco was the fall back plan last year when they raised the tobacco tax; bottom line, not one more dime from me.;)

What is the Price per pack up there? Texas has increased the Cig tax (not tobbaco just cig and cid rolling tobbac) 3 times in the past 3 years... and one of those increased was a full dollar a pack

v1John

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2010
va
Last edited:

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
This thread is so funny!!!! It's almost like some of you actually believe that the president cares about you.
Maybe not individually. But, I think he is sold on the fact that health care costs are a huge problem for the economy as a whole. Whether a person likes Obama or not, it is hard to make the claim he is stupid. Obviously, a technology which helps people get off cancer sticks would fit into his scheme of things.

DragonVapor

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2010
San Antonio, TX
This thread is so funny!!!! It's almost like some of you actually believe that the president cares about you.

Totally doesn't matter if he cares about us or not... He seemly cares about health... and he's shown that he's not afraid to make unpopular choices.

more then 50 million Americans smoke, more then 1/3 of smokers make less then 12K per year 62% of smokers have a household income of less then 36K per year...

Allowing a safer cheaper alternative will decrease health care costs in low income families... and free up some of their money for food and such...

So yeah... caring aside its a smart choice... the only one it hurts are the tobacco companies...

DragonVapor

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2010
San Antonio, TX
Obviously it didn't or he'd be puffin on it as we speak or could he be that dense?

Its viable that the only reason he's not is because of the "questionable status" of such devices and the position of the ALA , FDA... yada yada...

I mean after all the only people on our side are the American Association of Public Health Physicians the World Health Organization.... And Johnny Depp

Victor Frankenstein

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
Canada
Given the man is looking to quit cigarettes, I don't see how a whole buttload of people dropping him a note about e-cigs would really hurt.

His staff will wade through the email and someone is bound to say "Yo. Bama! We're getting a bunch of email about ecigs."

If this is brought to his attention, and he actually tries one and likes it, it could move ecigs into a more positive light.

me who

ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2009
East Coast, Maryland
Given the man is looking to quit cigarettes, I don't see how a whole buttload of people dropping him a note about e-cigs would really hurt.

His staff will wade through the email and someone is bound to say "Yo. Bama! We're getting a bunch of email about ecigs."

If this is brought to his attention, and he actually tries one and likes it, it could move ecigs into a more positive light.

According to one member on this forum he's already been gifted one, if so I doubt letters are going to make a hill of beans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread