Status
Not open for further replies.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
PROTOCOL. You insinuate that he is bowing to show inferiority. He is simply doing what leaders of state do in this country....NOTHING MORE

Actually I made no such insinuation (although others on this thread have). I responded to the post by 'something' "nation" saying that Bush bowed too, when in fact he was merely accepting the necklass similar to the one that Obama got most recently. I also pointed out that Obama in fact did bow to the King in the earlier instance. As far as 'he was simply doing what leaders of state do in this country', that has not been the case with other presidents.

Surf Monkey

Cartel Boss
ECF Veteran
May 28, 2009
Sesame Street
As far as 'he was simply doing what leaders of state do in this country', that has not been the case with other presidents.

Prove it. We know for a fact that Bush walked around hand in hand with King Abdullah:

Democrats raised a stink about it when it happened, but it's nothing more than another example of state protocol. There's no deeper meaning in his hand holding, just as there's no deeper meaning in Obama's bowing. The issue here is what actual relationship these people have, and it's well established that the Bush family has a very close relationship with the House of Saud. No evidence exists that Obama has a similar relationship with them.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
sherid (brown?):
"You insinuate that he is bowing to show inferiority. He is simply doing what leaders of state do in this country....NOTHING MORE"

Exactly. .

Come on Surf Monkey, you know so such insinuation wasn't made by me. I think it was a rookie mistake - one that he didn't make in the more recent visit, btw.

Last edited:

Surf Monkey

Cartel Boss
ECF Veteran
May 28, 2009
Sesame Street
Come on Surf Monkey, you know so such insinuation was made by me. I think it was a rookie mistake - one that he didn't make in the more recent visit, btw.

Rookie mistake or no, the point is that it's irrelevant. I know you weren't arguing that there was deeper meaning there (at least directly) but that's an assertion that's been made in this thread by others. That's why we're addressing it. You don't necessarily have to defend it if you don't want to. All I'm saying is that bow or no bow, the issue is what relationship the two men have, not whether they held hands or bowed to each other or friggin' french kissed. That's all just window dressing.

Maybe we're actually agreeing here without knowing it?

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Prove it. We know for a fact that Bush walked around hand in hand with King Abdullah:

I said another president didn't bow, nothing else. And we know for a fact that Obama bowed. I don't 'love the game' that much to argue against some idea of equivalency of social jestures. There's a reason why US presidents don't bow and a reason why they may hold hands, shake hands, or reciprically kiss both cheeks. Both Bush and Obama (and every other in recent history) has done the latter, only Obama, the former.

ramblingrose

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2009
New Jersey USA
Well the have alway known that Nic** is a drug and now they finally are going to try and limit it, but is that only because E-cigs hit the field ?? I think so that way the FDA can stop it from coming into the US.
No, it's been in the works for years. It took years of increasing anti-smoking sentiment and a deal with Philip Morris to finally get it through.
I love my E-cig it has let me almost stop smoking real cigs and with this news I will be making very large orders of juice and other stuff so I can keep doing this.
Haha, welcome to the world of e-cigs.

On a side note I have to have fusion of my lowest 3 verts in my back and "smoking" lowers the chance that the fission will take, due to something in cigs that makes the bone not harden right. So also if the FDA makes e-cigs go away I will also submit a lawsuit because this is the only thing that has worked for me I tried the gum,the patch, even all of the pills out there. This works and NO-ONE else gets hurt in anyway.
Interesting idea, but somehow I don't think a lawsuit will fly. Which brings us back to your more realistic idea of stockpiling - go to it! And good luck with the surgery; I hope it goes well.

Surf Monkey

Cartel Boss
ECF Veteran
May 28, 2009
Sesame Street
Both Bush and Obama (and every other in recent history) has done the latter, only Obama, the former.

So, let's say that in the absence of any proof (and given the fact that you can't really prove a negative) that only Obama bowed to Abdullah. By making an issue of it, what are you implying? Do you deny that there's a deep relationship between the Bush's and the Sauds? Do you claim that Obama has some more meaningful relationship with them? Or that his relationship to Saudi Arabia is somehow defined by his physical act of bowing? Seriously. Where are you going with this?

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Rookie mistake or no, the point is that it's irrelevant. I know you weren't arguing that there was deeper meaning there (at least directly) but that's an assertion that's been made in this thread by others. That's why we're addressing it. You don't necessarily have to defend it if you don't want to. All I'm saying is that bow or no bow, the issue is what relationship the two men have, not whether they held hands or bowed to each other or friggin' french kissed. That's all just window dressing.

Maybe we're actually agreeing here without knowing it?

I think so. I don't want to be assigned what others have said. They are not me. Again the only point I was making was to the comment that Bush bowed - I didn't even get into the further comment that some right wing blogger, etc. etc. which makes no sense at all, esp. since the video shows what happened.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
So, let's say that in the absence of any proof (and given the fact that you can't really prove a negative) that only Obama bowed to Abdullah. By making an issue of it, what are you implying? Do you deny that there's a deep relationship between the Bush's and the Sauds? Do you claim that Obama has some more meaningful relationship with them? Or that his relationship to Saudi Arabia is somehow defined by his physical act of bowing? Seriously. Where are you going with this?

See, this is the problem with forums. I was originally - at least in this portion of the thread addressing only the 'Bush bowed too' comment. And I made my point. I wasn't even addressing if any gesture is protocol or not or whether it is 'inferior' or 'superior' or 'neutral'. I had no intention of discussing what you then brought up. If we would have been in a 'cafe', I would have said - excuse me, I'm not talking to you. I was addressing what this guy said. I might have added that I'd be more than happy to discuss what you bring up, have a seat and we'll talk about that. (which is what my offer to go to PM was earlier) but already you have some tired of the direction this thread has gone and heck, I thought we were 'good' and now you want to bring up the Saudi/Bush thing again when it is really OT and something that while I have a pretty good grasp of the details of the relationship, I really have no desire to argue any points about it here. Perhaps someone else will and you can continue to make your point. But not with me.

Surf Monkey

Cartel Boss
ECF Veteran
May 28, 2009
Sesame Street
I think so. I don't want to be assigned what others have said. They are not me. Again the only point I was making was to the comment that Bush bowed - I didn't even get into the further comment that some right wing blogger, etc. etc. which makes no sense at all, esp. since the video shows what happened.

Okay, that's totally fair. Consider it a dead issue.

Surf Monkey

Cartel Boss
ECF Veteran
May 28, 2009
Sesame Street
Wow - SurfMonkey's still at this....

Read the thread. You're late to the party. We already wrapped up that part of the discussion. It's nice that you try and make it seem as if I was the only one driving it though.

We get it. Obama is your BFF - let's talk about e-cigs now....

That's completely untrue and uncalled for. Are you trying to incite another battle? Because making bogus claims about me like that is a good way to do it.

Glock

ECF Veteran
May 11, 2009
That's completely untrue and uncalled for. Are you trying to incite another battle? Because making bogus claims about me like that is a good way to do it.

OMG I sure hope not, your post count is climbing by over 100 posts per day. You are spamming this board with your nonsense and love affair and I for one am sick of it. Get over yourself already. Many of us are tired of hearing from you and your ego filled posts. You are a simply a spammer that is full of yourself, whether you are selling a product or not.

Not only do I find the quantity of your posting disgusting, but the ego you display in your posts. Trust me, you are not 'all that' even if you can gather a few followers. Do not let that go to your head. I suspect the majority of us do not think your spam deserves a reply and your posts are not as intellectual or articulate as you think you are. Seems there is only one person you love more than Obama.

You have waaaayyy too much time on your hands and just as much of an ego. NO, I am not trying to incite anything more out of you, quite the opposite actually and as such this will be my only post to you, sir. I will let you have the last word as I know I do not have a choice in the matter.

Have a good day throwing down another hundred or so posts here and ruining the forum with your spam.

///Cheers

Last edited:
*cough, cough* so... has this bill been put into effect yet or will it be weeks (or months) from now. I'm figuring that even though there has been talk of a ban on the forum for quite sometime now, it seems as though the possibility is getting stronger that we won't be able to buy more juice soon. Should I be guesstimating when this could be happening or should I just stock up as soon as possible? I feel like I'm being paranoid cause the popularity of e-cigs is gaining more momentum, but then again I'm NOT going back to analogs even if it kills me (ha!).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread