Status
Not open for further replies.

djezewski

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013
Wayland, New York, United States
I am so very sorry to hear about your cancer and that of course is not elective- it is life and death. It really sucks that there is a lifetime cap with your insurance on that. I talked to a chiropractor who said get an inversion table since I didn't have another $480 after spending money on other medical bills and bills in general. I had sticker shock back in 2000 when I had brain surgery. Even though we had very good insurance they give you all these out of network dr's so you end up paying out the nose. As you know the last thing you need when you are sick is arguing with insurance company's and various dr's offices because procedures were coded wrong and then the ins co denies it.

KjAthena

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2013
Tampa Bay
I am so very sorry to hear about your cancer and that of course is not elective- it is life and death. It really sucks that there is a lifetime cap with your insurance on that. I talked to a chiropractor who said get an inversion table since I didn't have another $480 after spending money on other medical bills and bills in general. I had sticker shock back in 2000 when I had brain surgery. Even though we had very good insurance they give you all these out of network dr's so you end up paying out the nose. As you know the last thing you need when you are sick is arguing with insurance company's and various dr's offices because procedures were coded wrong and then the ins co denies it.

I agree with you on part of what you are saying. and I hope you did get the inversion table, mine along with my massage chair have kept me sane at times. You can insist on using only covered Dr's when you have insurance and I agree no-one should have to argue with insurance companies when they are ill. Imagine how it would have been to cover all the bills from that brain surgery without insurance.

While I do not care for some of the concessions that were made to enact the AHA at least all will have access to life saving treatments. A better solution would have been a single payer program like first proposed

djezewski

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013
While I do not care for some of the concessions that were made to enact the AHA at least all will have access to life saving treatments. A better solution would have been a single payer program like first proposed
I have heard a lot about a single payer system..I will have to read up on that because although I have heard that term coined many times I do not know what it is. Does it work like medicare..what happens then to insurance companies then..I don't get it..

KjAthena

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2013
Tampa Bay
I have heard a lot about a single payer system..I will have to read up on that because although I have heard that term coined many times I do not know what it is. Does it work like medicare..what happens then to insurance companies then..I don't get it..

Yes a single payer system would work like medicare does now...as far as what happens to the health insurance companies...well they either evolve to work within the system or they cease to exist.

djezewski

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013
djezewski looks like the bill I referenced earlier has passed the House and Senate and is on its way to be signed by the president....Everybody including the house senate and federal employees will have to abide by the same rules....no subsidies for those who make over 4 times the poverty limit

I am glad to see that..not that it will make a dent in their pocket though. I think there is a lot of pork out there and I includes states too. They should have to try and budget like we do everyday.

djezewski

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013
I agree with you on part of what you are saying. and I hope you did get the inversion table, mine along with my massage chair have kept me sane at times. You can insist on using only covered Dr's when you have insurance and I agree no-one should have to argue with insurance companies when they are ill. Imagine how it would have been to cover all the bills from that brain surgery without insurance.

I bought an inversion table earlier this year on one of those payment plans. My husband bought me the massage/heating pad for it as a mother's/day birthday present this spring. It works well, although I can only tilt back just a little. It sure came in handy this week, it was a bad week and it does help. I am very grateful that the chiropractor recommended one. He could have just kept me coming for treatments all the time.

KjAthena

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2013
Tampa Bay
and a medicine like one I take would cost the same amount not $1286.00 per month my cost $364 per month for someone on medicare or $211 for someone with United Healthcare Plan...(BTW I buy it from Canada name brand not generic for $110 for 3 month supply)
$12 Tylenol exists in hospitals because the companies CAN get away with it

KjAthena

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2013
Tampa Bay
I bought an inversion table earlier this year on one of those payment plans. My husband bought me the massage/heating pad for it as a mother's/day birthday present this spring. It works well, although I can only tilt back just a little. It sure came in handy this week, it was a bad week and it does help. I am very grateful that the chiropractor recommended one. He could have just kept me coming for treatments all the time.

Glad you got one...they do help. I am hoping we can get our hot tub repaired or replaced soon as it was damaged in a flood over a year a go...also you can try placing a board from the seat cushions to the floor and keeping your calves on the seat cushions laying back with your head near the floor for a more gentle form of inversion therapy...kinda weird to watch TV upside down however :)

djezewski

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013
and a medicine like one I take would cost the same amount not $1286.00 per month my cost $364 per month for someone on medicare or $211 for someone with United Healthcare Plan...(BTW I buy it from Canada name brand not generic for $110 for 3 month supply)
$12 Tylenol exists in hospitals because the companies CAN get away with it

All in the name of research they claim..while they wine and dine dr's calling it an informational conference...I know they are not supposed to come into dr's office's soliciting anymore but you still will see them dropping off samples. Yes, samples are good for patient's especially when a drug that is prescribed costs like you mentioned over $1000 and you get side effects and have to ditch the whole bottle. What we need to see are more generic drugs that people can afford.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa
Just ran across this article, which is probably old hat, or nonsense or clarification for the rest of you, but will post anyway. Obamacare's Website Is Crashing Because It Doesn't Want You To Know How Costly Its Plans Are - Forbes

Let's be realistic here. What Obamacare really is, is a new tax on those of us that work and report those earnings to support the needs of those that don't as well as subsidizing the health care of those with serious, long term illnesses. What it will do is push more "below the line" of reasonable self sustainability and convince more to play the system rather than work within it.

What I find as more reprehensible about this plan is sustaining the notion that all the countries health problems revolve around tobacco. For decades, the number of smokers and where they can smoke has decreased while the incidence of medical issues has increased. Yet, they pass legislation that protects everyone's lifestyle except those that use tobacco. Maybe that will change over time as the costs of the not so affordable care act become obvious, but that will just be another expansion of the nanny state.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread