obamacare and vaping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Why on earth should people pay a penalty when the site isn't even functioning?
Now for my beef.
Many young adults have to live home until you die because all they can get now are 20 hr per week jobs and have to drive with 50 miles to get a job. They can't afford to rent an apartment or if they can get subsidized housing it is full of crack heads and other unsavory people. Parents have to pay for the insurance for their kids because all there money if sucked up in gas and car repairs even if they live at home. I see too much of this around especially if you live in a rural area there are no jobs. Lets not even get into student loans....
I thought when my children were small that they would have opportunity when they grew up, not oppression.

It sounded at first as if you were speaking about a foreign country. It's the good parts of America that outweigh the bad. I find it hard to stomach some of the inequities myself, but all in all it's a great place to live. Voter education will go a long way towards the goal of making laws make sense.

Obamacare is one of those things that we have to endure until a single payer system emerges. Then, we will all complain about the withholding taxes that come out of our meager checks. The OUTSIDE would die off if there weren't such things to discuss.

Last edited:

djezewski

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013
Wayland, New York, United States
It sounded at first as if you were speaking about a foreign country. It's the good parts of America that outweigh the bad. I find it hard to stomach some of the inequities myself, but all in all it's a great place to live. Voter education will go a long way towards that goal.

Obamacare is one of those things that we have to endure until a single payer system emerges. Then, we will all complain about the withholding taxes that come out of our meager checks. The OUTSIDE would die off if there weren't such things to discuss.

Trouble is we are losing our America fast.
25 States do not have to endure the not so "Affordable Health Care" No doubt Obama and his pawns want it done as it has been coined "Obamacare" and he wants that in his legacy(even if it is a bad thing)

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
25 States do not have to endure the not so "Affordable Health Care" No doubt Obama and his pawns want it done as it has been coined "Obamacare" and he wants that in his legacy(even if it is a bad thing)

He laughed and said during the debates that he had grown quite fond of the term Obamacare when the moderator apologized to him for using it in a question. I think his staff and others probably reminded him that it would become a legacy, like "Give 'em Hell Harry!".

KjAthena

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2013
Tampa Bay
Not true all states have to "endure"/enact the AHC plan....25 states have just decided to not accept federal $$ to extend medicaid to those that would have options in other states.

xpackaday

ECF Veteran
Apr 23, 2013
Columbus, OH
what state government official would refuse to provide the free enhanced health care "extend medicaid" ??? Are they so into them-self that they would turn free healthcare away for the people that they are there to serve??? Or are they not there to serve a certain class of people?? Who would volt for these selfish self centered state officials???

pamdis

ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2013
IL
what state government official would refuse to provide the free enhanced health care "extend medicaid" ??? Are they so into them-self that they would turn free healthcare away for the people that they are there to serve??? Or are they not there to serve a certain class of people?? Who would volt for these selfish self centered state officials???

I think there are two types of state officials who would refuse:
1. Those who don't think govt should be providing these services in the first place.
2. Those who have been burned by the feds before - they are afraid that over time, the feds will cut the payments they make to the states for this, and then the state will have to pick up the bill

NoBS

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2013
Oregon, USA
Edit for those of you knocking Obamacare:
I guess you don't know what it's like to walk around with a broken foot for for more than six months because you have no insurance. I guess you don't know what it's like to wear SANDALS IN JANUARY (subzero temps) because they are the only shoes that will fit over your broken foot. I guess you don't know what it's like that more than 33 years latter that I can still feel where I broke that foot as I sit here typing. I guess you don't know what it's like to have your WHOLE LIFE revolve around that FRIGGING FOOT THAT YOU BROKE 33 years ago. I have no life outside work, my foot hurts too much.
Some folks did not have to work hard to become self sufficient, I did.
I choose to work hard in the private sector to gain a measure of independence.
Yet, we are all allowed make mistakes, and if we learn from our mistakes, we gain wisdom.
Wisdom is not a hand out, it is earned... not a right of passage.
The more a society depends on a centralized governance, the more ones liberties MUST be reduced.

The fact that 51% of the American voters are willing to subjugate themselves is a very interesting study.
Voluntary slavery is a fascinating subject.

By the way, as with Congress, Senate, and a big chunk of Federal employees, they are exempt form ObamaCare.
Does the quote, "Some Pigs are more equal than others" ring a bell?
When Congress looks down their collective noses at us dirty peasants, don't you get that feeling they are saying:
<while grabing our ear and twisting>
Boy, ya sure gots a prurty Moath, now squeal like a pig!

Uma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2010
Calif
I somehow do not believe that Congress has only catostrophic coverage and purchases supplemental. I am an ex- state employee and so is my husband, my son works for the county. You had a choice of HMO's, there was no such thing as basic coverage or supplemental and you pay for one of those, all have Dr's visits(with co-pays) as well as impatient, Vision full and Dental. I would think that the fed Gov works the same. Where with this Obama care you pay the catastrophic coverage up to cadallac...yeah and no dental or vision unless you are on welfare..go figure.
Sorry to back up the thread a little, I just wanted to comment that our provider hasn't offered vision insurance for at least a decade. They claim that everybody can afford vision care after paying the other bills, buying gas, repairing their cars, supporting the school fund drive, paying for every kind of insurance the state requires, buying groceries, ...

Doesn't anyone live in the real world anymore???

djezewski

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013

djezewski

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013
Sorry to back up the thread a little, I just wanted to comment that our provider hasn't offered vision insurance for at least a decade. They claim that everybody can afford vision care after paying the other bills, buying gas, repairing their cars, supporting the school fund drive, paying for every kind of insurance the state requires, buying groceries, ...

Doesn't anyone live in the real world anymore???
So you are a Fed, State or County employee?

KjAthena

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2013
Tampa Bay
Unlike State workers and County workers the Fed workers don't have to pay anything in. It is subsidized by us. That is what all the buzz has been about the last couple of days.

again a false rumor started by the Rush/Lindbaugh camp. The following is included in the bill about to be passed tonight guaranteeing no subsidies for those making 4 x the poverty limit(that would include Congress, Senate and the largest chunk of federal employees as well).So subsidies for them would be considered fraud.

"Republicans, convinced of the potential for fraud in Obamacare, have called for verification procedures that might have truly hobbled the new exchanges (the majority of which, as you might have heard, aren't running that smoothly now). But the provision in the Senate deal sounds more innocuous: It would call for the Secretary of Health and Human Services to certify that adequate verification processes were already in place, or something like that, with the Inspector General providing some kind of subsequent audit. The law should satisfy that criteria already, for reasons Judith Solomon of the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities explained over the summer."

djezewski

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013
again a false rumor started by the Rush/Lindbaugh camp. The following is included in the bill about to be passed tonight guaranteeing no subsidies for those making 4 x the poverty limit(that would include Congress, Senate and the largest chunk of federal employees as well).So subsidies for them would be considered fraud.
We haven't seen that bill pass yet in the house.at this point in time Congress is still receiving subsidies and has been all along. That is not rumor. It is what it is.

djezewski

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013
Nope. Hubby's employer offers 401k, blue cross replacement (haha, I forget the name, but they used to be blue cross). Regular Joe, regular insurance. No vision.
Probably, United Health care. This whole Obama Care mess is going to make health insurance companies as wealthy as the pharma co's

KjAthena

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2013
Tampa Bay
We haven't seen that bill pass yet in the house.at this point in time Congress is still receiving subsidies and has been all along. That is not rumor. It is what it is.

They have always received subsidies...but this bill will pass tonight and they will have the same rules as all of us......make over 4 times the poverty level NO SUBSIDIES ....something I agree with the Elephants on :)

KjAthena

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2013
Tampa Bay
Probably, United Health care. This whole Obama Care mess is going to make health insurance companies as wealthy as the pharma co's

I don't think so...that's why they have been funding the fight against it so hard...it makes them provide care to those who they would not insure previously,....and makes them cover people without cutting them off at a lifetime limit..... so no more cherry picking. THEY HATE IT.
(and I used to work for United Heath Care) and know just how much they hate it

djezewski

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013
I don't think so...that's why they have been funding the fight against it so hard...it makes them provide care to those who they would not insure previously,....and makes them cover people without cutting them off at a lifetime limit..... so no more cherry picking. THEY HATE IT.
(and I used to work for United Heath Care) and know just how much they hate it

Yes for some. But for those who have to get the cheapest insurance(because it is all they can afford) find out that their "patient responsibility" bill will be so high that they may not opt to get that back surgery, hip surgery, etc, etc...there are quite a few elective surgeries being done all the time. They may skip going to the Dr all together because they can't afford a $75 co-pay. I know I had to skip having PT because I was told I need 3x wk therapy..even at $20 co-pay I couldn't afford $60 wk for 8 wks. So I would think I am not the only one in the world who would pass on it.

KjAthena

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2013
Tampa Bay
Yes for some. But for those who have to get the cheapest insurance(because it is all they can afford) find out that their "patient responsibility" bill will be so high that they may not opt to get that back surgery, hip surgery, etc, etc...there are quite a few elective surgeries being done all the time. They may skip going to the Dr all together because they can't afford a $75 co-pay. I know I had to skip having PT because I was told I need 3x wk therapy..even at $20 co-pay I couldn't afford $60 wk for 8 wks. So I would think I am not the only one in the world who would pass on it.

Ok and this is different than people who have no insurance how ? Back surgery, hip replacements ect are not elective if a Dr has stated you NEED the surgery. I currently have no insurance (because I maxed out the lifetime benefit with cancer treatments) I often extend the time between Dr's visits because I can't afford the $160 per visit cost. I also stretch my meds and order from overseas whenever possible. I am currently awaiting blood-work that will cost me $690 out of pocket. I am sorry that you chose to forgo PT due to a $20 per visit co-pay...would you rather have paid the entire cost for all your treatment out of pocket?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread