Status
Not open for further replies.

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
My worry on IPV Velas is more on its LED display (I suppose it is LED) and how strong its 510 connector being attached to the mod. Low quality LED can have very short life span...

I was thinking the same but at the price of the mod, $40 and that the IPV series of mods have been pretty good to me I figured I'd give it a try. So far the quality of their mods have been pretty good. I've beat the hell out of my to IPV5's and other than their size I really like using them, very consistent. The 30mm deck and the SX chip were the selling points. I'm starting to own way to many 25mm tanks.

hiclass

ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2016
They are both my favorite reviewers. Very in depth and thorough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My experience with vape reviewer is to "mark their points (whether pros or cons) which you can agree with" and:

1. Do not take their final conclusion with a device seriously.
2. Remember that they might SKIP weakness of the subject being reviewed.
3. Beware not to be influenced by their exaggeration on so called pros and cons they discover.
e.g. my favorite reviewer DJLSB often emphasizes on how bad the orientation of the "+" and "-" buttons when they are not arranged as he has expected. Man... isn't there a display, if you press one of the button and the figure decrease then it is "-" and vise versa... what is so wrong?

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
My experience with vape reviewer is to "mark their points (whether pros or cons) which you can agree with" and:

1. Do not take their final conclusion with a device seriously.
2. Remember that they might SKIP weakness of the subject being reviewed.
3. Beware not to be influenced by their exaggeration on so called pros and cons they discover.
e.g. my favorite reviewer DJLSB often emphasizes on how bad the orientation of the "+" and "-" buttons when they are not arranged as he has expected. Man... isn't there a display, if you press one of the button and the figure decrease then it is "-" and vise versa... what is so wrong?
I agree with you, but I like watching some reviewers. Plus you get a close up look at device/atomizer. Also easier to judge hand feel when you see it in someone else's hand, or if filling/building will work for you. Youtuber's taught me how to vape, wrap, install, & wick my coils. Navigate menus on new mods, etc.. They will always have value to me.

Drewbacca96

Feb 16, 2017
Looks like a promising MTL tank. Very reminiscent of the old kayfun deck. One concern I would have is no juice flow cutoff so when top filling is the deck going to flood.?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Busardo mentions flooding as one of his few thumbs down in his review. I'm sure if you were to basically vape it dry before filling that would eliminate most flooding. However, kudos to you on noticing that from design alone. [emoji3] I'm impressed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Reactions: Cosmic_Glaze

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
My worry on IPV Velas is more on its LED display (I suppose it is LED) and how strong its 510 connector being attached to the mod. Low quality LED can have very short life span...

As promised I would give you my review on the Velas once I had a chance to use it. So when you take it out of the box the first thing that comes to mind is how light it is and that overall the look and feel is cheap. The stickers were a big mistake and look like crap, The battery cover is 3d printed and is friction fit, no magnets. That may be part of the reason it's so light. I like the overall shape but it's close to the asMODus Minikin 2 which I happen to like a lot. It's a little larger but overall has a decent feel to it. The 510 seems ok but only time will tell. it seems solid and the spring loaded pin has plenty of travel.

Overall the chip performs well. It gives me the options for Ti and 316L which I wanted but not much beyond those options. I threw the OBS Nano on top of it with a 24ga kanthal build @ .47Ω. It is a very good vape.

As for the Nano, another tank that is easy to build. They did it right on the post holes and have a nice hard stop for the wire to lay on to ensure good conductivity. I placed the large oval AF hole pointing at the coils and the smaller round one coming from behind and that seemed to work well for me. The flavor from this tank is real good.

Only one thing threw me off, how small (overall size not the build portion) and light the deck was and all the build deck space. With the AF not on the base it looked a felt real strange, like something was missing. Well that because there is, all the metal built around a tank using bottom airflow. All that being said, plenty of room to build.

So the mod, meh...... it probable will stay on my desk and won't travel. I wouldn't pick up another or suggest it to anyone but it works. If you still dance disco it might be good to take it dancing ;)

The Nano, I see another one or two of these in my future.

hiclass

ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2016
As promised I would give you my review on the Velas once I had a chance to use it. So when you take it out of the box the first thing that comes to mind is how light it is and that overall the look and feel is cheap. The stickers were a big mistake and look like crap, The battery cover is 3d printed and is friction fit, no magnets. That may be part of the reason it's so light. I like the overall shape but it's close to the asMODus Minikin 2 which I happen to like a lot. It's a little larger but overall has a decent feel to it. The 510 seems ok but only time will tell. it seems solid and the spring loaded pin has plenty of travel.

Overall the chip performs well. It gives me the options for Ti and 316L which I wanted but not much beyond those options. I threw the OBS Nano on top of it with a 24ga kanthal build @ .47Ω. It is a very good vape.

As for the Nano, another tank that is easy to build. They did it right on the post holes and have a nice hard stop for the wire to lay on to ensure good conductivity. I placed the large oval AF hole pointing at the coils and the smaller round one coming from behind and that seemed to work well for me. The flavor from this tank is real good.

Only one thing threw me off, how small (overall size not the build portion) and light the deck was and all the build deck space. With the AF not on the base it looked a felt real strange, like something was missing. Well that because there is, all the metal built around a tank using bottom airflow. All that being said, plenty of room to build.

So the mod, meh...... it probable will stay on my desk and won't travel. I wouldn't pick up another or suggest it to anyone but it works. If you still dance disco it might be good to take it dancing ;)

The Nano, I see another one or two of these in my future.

Your description on the mod can also be applied on IPV Vesta. Well... I am lucky because I bought special Bronze color edition from Gearbest rather than one of those standard colors (which is cheaper) from Fasttech and its build quality is much higher than I have expected. I have used it for months but as of today it still looked and works like a new one.

I am a DL vaper and like to use big coil. Nano to me still has rooms to improve:
1. More air flow to the coil, may be from all 4 directions.
2. Bigger tank capacity. I find juice run out too quick particularly when I am burning high VG juice.

Reactions: Marc411

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
hiclass, I would agree that a larger tank capacity would be outstanding. I think that it can be applied to most of the larger (25mm or better) tanks without making them to tall.

I DL only and for me the AF is good but I mostly run 2.5mm coils at around 21W. Once and a while I will run a 3mm clapton but that's only when I want to get crazy. I may be a crossover from a tootle puffer to DL vaper ;)

johnnyelevator

ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2011
long beach, ca
I'm late to the nano game. Just got mine today. Used the included coils. 0.34 ohms. Running it at 25 watts. Oh yeah! The battery gonna last all day! Probably will get rid of my 2 original engines soon.
bfecffe73405acc1e6af9f4036ddbf21.jpg

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I'm late to the nano game. Just got mine today. Used the included coils. 0.34 ohms. Running it at 25 watts. Oh yeah! The battery gonna last all day! Probably will get rid of my 2 original engines soon.
bfecffe73405acc1e6af9f4036ddbf21.jpg
Welcome to the Nano Club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread