The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

OBS Engine NANO RTA

Discussion in 'RTA' started by ricks, Jan 14, 2017.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. hiclass

hiclass Super Member ECF Veteran

Aug 11, 2016
    I don't understand...

How can the so called mesh posts save you the trouble of cutting the right size (its length) of cotton.

No matter what type of posts are involved, if your objective is to have the cotton just covering but not going into the juice holes, then you will need to put in some effort to make sure your cotton is at the right length, right?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Cosmic_Glaze

Cosmic_Glaze Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 26, 2016
    It’s just like wicking a regular rta. They just goto the base of the deck none of the cotton goes in the holes at all. The mesh posts are there to wick from the lower base to the deck base.

I’ll post up picks when I build it next. It’s much simpler to see than trying to put it in words.

• Like Like x 2
  3. MMW

MMW Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Oct 8, 2015
    NH
    Just like cotton wicking an rda. Laying the wicks on the deck, but the mesh brings the juice to the cotton wick through the deck holes without having to put any thought into the cotton.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Letitia

Letitia Therion/Nano Junkie ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    I tried putting wick just covering juice holes and after a few mls wasn't working for me. I've been using 3mm id, I use a snug wick and thin tails quite a bit then cut so tails sit just inside juice holes. Has been working well. Think leaving the shoulders thicker was the key for me.

• Like Like x 7
  5. gofishtx

gofishtx Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 24, 2014
    Tomball Texas
    I had this happen too. I figured that I may have to much wick causing a blockage so I rewicked it and thinned out the tails that go into the juice holes and it is better now. I still sometimes get the air bubble on filling, but I get that with some other RDTAs I have too, just the nature of the juice.

6. NicotineRush

NicotineRush Linux Mint/Mate Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I love these things! (Nanos)
    Just ordered my third one. (with another Aspire 'Speeder' to go with it)
    They are so easy to coil and wick. Never leaks. Easy to fill.
    I never 'thin' the tails, just fluff them some before stuffing into the juice holes. Works every time.
    It takes me longer to get out my supplies than it does to change the wick.
    Wicks are lasting 10+ days, saving me about $12 a month for pre-builts I used to use.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Letitia

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    It's official, you're a Nano junkie! :lol:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Publicvapor

Publicvapor Ultra Member Verified Member

Dec 17, 2017
    USA UNITED STATES
    Great idea. Gonna try this on my smm also. I forgot what I actually came here to post lol

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. oldude 61

oldude 61 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Nov 22, 2014
    Frankston Tx.
    Check out the obs crius II I like it a bit more than the Nano

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. NicotineRush

Supporting member
    Why? What's different/better?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Letitia

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    I have both. Biggest difference is af, Crius 2 has bottom af. I've had no leaking or seeping, just need to leave tails thicker than for Nano. I enjoy the Crius but still favor the Nano, some favor the Crius. Crius 2 is in my rotation because flavor is good and it does have an attractive profile. Very user friendly deck and doesn't leak when you fill it.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. hittman

hittman ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I have the first crius and it was a really good tank. I've been considering trying the crius 2.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Letitia

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    You should enjoy it. Very good rta, I'm just a die-hard Nano fan.

• Like Like x 4
  14. oldude 61

oldude 61 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Nov 22, 2014
    Frankston Tx.
    My opinion is it has a little bit more flavor. Doesn’t need as much power. And I seem to be going through less juice. I really like build deck,it’s a lot easier for my old shaky hands. But like I said, just my opinion.

• Like Like x 3
  15. PJReid

PJReid The Boozy Wench Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jun 2, 2013
    LakeRidge, VA, USA
    The Crius II is airier and I like that in a tank. To be honest, I haven't used a Nano for quite some time. Maybe I should wick one up and do a side by side comparison to be completely fair. My current favorite tank is the brand new Asmodus Zesthia.

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  16. NicotineRush

Supporting member
    Well, I went ahead and ordered one just for kicks!

• Like Like x 4
  17. Letitia

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    You will enjoy it. Great little rta.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. janne303

janne303 Super Member ECF Veteran

Oct 6, 2014
    Sweden
    Havent used my nano for a while to... I am now addicted to small single coil squonk rdas...

Skickat från min SM-G935F via Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  19. SupplyDaddy

SupplyDaddy I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles! Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Oct 21, 2012
    San Antonio, Texas
    Just now ordered my 2nd black Nano. I already have one, and a silver and a gold.. The gold doesn't go well with anything I have, but whatever! ;)

I love these tanks! Been using a .5 ohms 24G*30G Kanthal A-1 Clapton with a .25 id coil, also from Fasttech. They are wrapped to the wrong direction, but taste great! 4661101

My OBS Engine Sub (replaceable coils) sits unused mostly and my OBS Engine is going on a large mod I made via Snorting Boar.

Otherwise, my Nano's sit on my eleaf Pico 25's. Next device for this new Nano is the eleaf Pico 21700 which I plan to order in about 2 weeks.

• Winner Winner x 2
  20. Heartsdelight

Heartsdelight Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Nov 10, 2015
    Where did you order from? Thanks.

• Love Love x 1