OBS Engine NANO RTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

hiclass

ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2016
I’m putting a new build in tomorrow night. I’ll take some pics then. Just have pics of the Digi Siren with mesh posts. The Obs posts are much much smaller.
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/threads/digiflavor-siren-gta.768967/page-173

It’s pretty far down the page.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't understand...

How can the so called mesh posts save you the trouble of cutting the right size (its length) of cotton.

No matter what type of posts are involved, if your objective is to have the cotton just covering but not going into the juice holes, then you will need to put in some effort to make sure your cotton is at the right length, right?

Reactions: hittman

Cosmic_Glaze

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2016
I don't understand...

How can the so called mesh posts save you the trouble of cutting the right size (its length) of cotton.

No matter what type of posts are involved, if your objective is to have the cotton just covering but not going into the juice holes, then you will need to put in some effort to make sure your cotton is at the right length, right?
It’s just like wicking a regular rta. They just goto the base of the deck none of the cotton goes in the holes at all. The mesh posts are there to wick from the lower base to the deck base.

I’ll post up picks when I build it next. It’s much simpler to see than trying to put it in words.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I tried putting wick just covering juice holes and after a few mls wasn't working for me. I've been using 3mm id, I use a snug wick and thin tails quite a bit then cut so tails sit just inside juice holes. Has been working well. Think leaving the shoulders thicker was the key for me.

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
Hi all,

I really want to love this tank and it has moments where I really like it. The issue that I’m having is with the fill port getting clogged with an air bubble while vaping. It like a bubble of juice across the fill port. If I open it up and blow it out and then close it down again, it starts to wick up again and the Vape is good. After a couple pulls, it clogs again and then stops wicking. I have to reopen again, rinse and repeat. Is anyone else having this issue or do you know how to prevent this? Thanks in advance.
I had this happen too. I figured that I may have to much wick causing a blockage so I rewicked it and thinned out the tails that go into the juice holes and it is better now. I still sometimes get the air bubble on filling, but I get that with some other RDTAs I have too, just the nature of the juice.

NicotineRush

Linux Mint/Mate
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2008
Living 'Off Grid'
I love these things! (Nanos)
Just ordered my third one. (with another Aspire 'Speeder' to go with it)
They are so easy to coil and wick. Never leaks. Easy to fill.
I never 'thin' the tails, just fluff them some before stuffing into the juice holes. Works every time.
It takes me longer to get out my supplies than it does to change the wick.
Wicks are lasting 10+ days, saving me about $12 a month for pre-builts I used to use.

Publicvapor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2017
USA UNITED STATES

oldude 61

ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2014
Frankston Tx.
I love these things! (Nanos)
Just ordered my third one. (with another Aspire 'Speeder' to go with it)
They are so easy to coil and wick. Never leaks. Easy to fill.
I never 'thin' the tails, just fluff them some before stuffing into the juice holes. Works every time.
It takes me longer to get out my supplies than it does to change the wick.
Wicks are lasting 10+ days, saving me about $12 a month for pre-builts I used to use.
Check out the obs crius II I like it a bit more than the Nano

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Why? What's different/better?
I have both. Biggest difference is af, Crius 2 has bottom af. I've had no leaking or seeping, just need to leave tails thicker than for Nano. I enjoy the Crius but still favor the Nano, some favor the Crius. Crius 2 is in my rotation because flavor is good and it does have an attractive profile. Very user friendly deck and doesn't leak when you fill it.

oldude 61

ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2014
Frankston Tx.
Why? What's different/better?
My opinion is it has a little bit more flavor. Doesn’t need as much power. And I seem to be going through less juice. I really like build deck,it’s a lot easier for my old shaky hands. But like I said, just my opinion.

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
The Crius II is airier and I like that in a tank. To be honest, I haven't used a Nano for quite some time. Maybe I should wick one up and do a side by side comparison to be completely fair. My current favorite tank is the brand new Asmodus Zesthia.

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Just now ordered my 2nd black Nano. I already have one, and a silver and a gold.. The gold doesn't go well with anything I have, but whatever! ;)

I love these tanks! Been using a .5 ohms 24G*30G Kanthal A-1 Clapton with a .25 id coil, also from Fasttech. They are wrapped to the wrong direction, but taste great! 4661101

My OBS Engine Sub (replaceable coils) sits unused mostly and my OBS Engine is going on a large mod I made via Snorting Boar.

Otherwise, my Nano's sit on my eleaf Pico 25's. Next device for this new Nano is the eleaf Pico 21700 which I plan to order in about 2 weeks.

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015
Just now ordered my 2nd black Nano. I already have one, and a silver and a gold.. The gold doesn't go well with anything I have, but whatever! ;)

I love these tanks! Been using a .5 ohms 24G*30G Kanthal A-1 Clapton with a .25 id coil, also from Fasttech. They are wrapped to the wrong direction, but taste great! 4661101

My OBS Engine Sub (replaceable coils) sits unused mostly and my OBS Engine is going going on a large mod I made via Snorting Boar.

Otherwise, my Nano's sit on my eleaf Pico 25's. Next device for this new Nano is the eleaf Pico 21700 which I plan to order in about 2 weeks.
Where did you order from? Thanks.

• Love
Reactions: Letitia
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread