OBS Engine NANO RTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

hiclass

ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2016
The only site I know selling blue/rainbow Nano is Element vape.

I believe fasttech will sell Nano in that 2 colors eventually, just like the bronze color ipv Vesta, in the past I can only buy it from Gearbest, but now Fasttect also sells it...

My hesitation is whether I should buy a IPV Velas in the same order. I like the fact that this mod is very light, almost half the weight of most of my other mods.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
One didn't work out of the box, the other screen went dark (not in stealth) within a few days and a few days after that wouldn't fire. I no longer frequent that shop so don't know if there was any others returned. Could have been clones or bad batch due to qc issues. Check in at several forums if you are interested in the mod and see if actual users are having good luck with it.

Dirty145

Sep 24, 2017
Hi all,

I really want to love this tank and it has moments where I really like it. The issue that I’m having is with the fill port getting clogged with an air bubble while vaping. It like a bubble of juice across the fill port. If I open it up and blow it out and then close it down again, it starts to wick up again and the Vape is good. After a couple pulls, it clogs again and then stops wicking. I have to reopen again, rinse and repeat. Is anyone else having this issue or do you know how to prevent this? Thanks in advance.

Reactions: Letitia

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
Hi all,

I really want to love this tank and it has moments where I really like it. The issue that I’m having is with the fill port getting clogged with an air bubble while vaping. It like a bubble of juice across the fill port. If I open it up and blow it out and then close it down again, it starts to wick up again and the Vape is good. After a couple pulls, it clogs again and then stops wicking. I have to reopen again, rinse and repeat. Is anyone else having this issue or do you know how to prevent this? Thanks in advance.
"fill port getting clogged with an air bubble whole vaping"??? What does that mean?

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
Hi all,

I use an OBS Nano most of the time and have never had that problem. When filling, I do sometimes see an air bubble and just let it float up and dissipate before I close down the fill holes. I don't think I could duplicate your problem. Could it be the PG/VG ratio of your juice? Unlikely but it is all I can think of. If you are vaping high PG, which is thinner, you might get bubbles. I honestly don't know. What is the VG/PG ratio of your juice?

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    Hi all,

Could be too much wicking in the wick holes, slowing the juice flow.
    When you open the fill hole, it releases the "vacuum", letting more juice into the deck, giving a good vape for awhile.
    Try just resting the wick over the holes.

Cosmic_Glaze

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 26, 2016
    Think it's from trying to fill too fast. It maybe certain bottles that you can fill very fast might create a bubble? I just fill mine slowly.... I have seen the bubble but it just works itself out... just give it a extra second or two.. maybe a slight tilt to pop it..
    I have noticed that if you do not try to fill it directly in the center and try to fill it down one side of it, no issues. (There is little more to it) but..
    If you need more explanation I can be more detailed.

jesem

Jul 1, 2014
    Ohio
    Hi all,

I've had a similar issue once in awhile... It's usually fixed when I just rest the wick on top of the juice holes as other people have mentioned. I use a 3.5 millimeter coil size and that takes a fair amount of cotton. When I try to stuff all that cotton into the juice hole sometimes I slowed the juice flow... Less cotton plugging up the juice holes seem to get rid of the problem for me.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

Cosmic_Glaze

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 26, 2016
    I've had a similar issue once in awhile... It's usually fixed when I just rest the wick on top of the juice holes as other people have mentioned. I use a 3.5 millimeter coil size and that takes a fair amount of cotton. When I try to stuff all that cotton into the juice hole sometimes I slowed the juice flow... Less cotton plugging up the juice holes seem to get rid of the problem for me.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk
    You might wanna try making some mesh wick posts that lead up to the deck if your going to use a larger ID of 3.5. This way you don't have to put the cotton in the holes which may choke them. Just drop them on top of the mesh posts.... easy wicking... I've also shown people about this on the SMM Serpent and they say it has worked wonders for them.(same concept)

hiclass

ECF Veteran
    Aug 11, 2016
    You might wanna try making some mesh wick posts that lead up to the deck if your going to use a larger ID of 3.5. This way you don't have to put the cotton in the holes which may choke them. Just drop them on top of the mesh posts.... easy wicking... I've also shown people about this on the SMM Serpent and they say it has worked wonders for them.(same concept)

Putting cotton into the juice holes doesn't always choke them. It depends on the quantity of cotton that one insert into the holes.

I find cutting your cotton short enough to just cover the holes instead of inserting part of the cotton into them is not a good idea, two things:
    1. It is not easy/covineint to accurately cut the cotton at both end to the proper length.
    2. Because the amount of cotton is relatively less, it lacks sort of juice buffer - which IMO is important when one burns juice quickly like when chain vaping.

I prefer to trim the portion of cotton that I am inserting into the juice holes to ensure there won't be too much cotton that could choke them. I will show a photo when I re-wick later today or tomorrow.

Cosmic_Glaze

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 26, 2016
    Putting cotton into the juice holes doesn't always choke them. It depends on the quantity of cotton that one insert into the holes.

I find cutting your cotton short enough to just cover the holes instead of inserting part of the cotton into them is not a good idea, two things:
    1. It is not easy/covineint to accurately cut the cotton at both end to the proper length.
    2. Because the amount of cotton is relatively less, it lacks sort of juice buffer - which IMO is important when one burns juice quickly like when chain vaping.

I prefer to trim the portion of cotton that I am inserting into the juice holes to ensure there won't be too much cotton that could choke them. I will show a photo when I re-wick later today or tomorrow.

When you use the mesh wicks it feeds it right to the cotton..you won't have any issues with one side being shorter when cutting the wicks.. its just like wicking an RDA..drop the cotton right on the base... little extra cotton is just fine.

ricks

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 11, 2011
    Moscow PA
    Got any pics of these mesh posts you speak of??? I'd love to see them.

Cosmic_Glaze

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 26, 2016

ricks

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 11, 2011
    Moscow PA
    Status