Status
Not open for further replies.

Rangertrix

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2013
Collinsville, OK
Oh, I didn't know you meant that kind of alcohol.

I've done it both ways, but I figure that vodka or everclear are meant to be consumed.
Will it make difference? Highly doubtful, using vodka sure make a difference in my mood while doing it.
You're rinsing the rubbing alcohol off and any residual will evaporate quickly.
I say use what you have on hand. :2c:

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
I did an alcohol rinse on it last night and rinsed it good and let it air dry for a while. That did the trick. No more funky taste. Thanks!
I need to start doing this with new toppers. In all honesty, there have been times I built and used them right out of the box if they looked clean. No telling WTH I vaped though. My sense of taste isn't good to begin with so I probably wouldn't have known the difference.

I've been wiping lengths of wire with 90% rubbing alcohol on a cotton ball prior to wrapping my coils lately and it's amazing what comes off on the cotton ball when the wire looks 'clean'.

I opened a new RDA today and scrubbed it with Dawn and a toothbrush, but following that with an alcohol bath probably wouldn't hurt either.

Herrick

ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2016
I've been wiping lengths of wire with 90% rubbing alcohol on a cotton ball prior to wrapping my coils lately and it's amazing what comes off on the cotton ball when the wire looks 'clean'.

After cleaning the wire how long do you wait before wicking it? I've never cleaned wire before. I should probably start.

Mactavish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
New York
After cleaning the wire how long do you wait before wicking it? I've never cleaned wire before. I should probably start.

Always a GOOD idea to clean anything in the path to your lungs! If you use 90% IPA, it dries/evaporates almost immediately. When I was mostly using titanium wire, you could see the crap on the paper towel, recently been using SS wire, does not appear dirty, but it’s a good habit, since it’s the fastest part of a new build.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Anyone know if a new version will be released?
Well I am surprisingly enjoying the dual and eagerly awaiting the Nano. I figure in a month or two the Nano will be released. I hope so, the af and deck design are much improved and wicking is much more forgiving. I will be upset if OBS doesn't come out with a Nano II.

• Agree
Reactions: Heartsdelight

Herrick

ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2016
Well I am surprisingly enjoying the dual and eagerly awaiting the Nano. I figure in a month or two the Nano will be released. I hope so, the af and deck design are much improved and wicking is much more forgiving. I will be upset if OBS doesn't come out with a Nano II.

Have you tried the new Engine II with a single coil?

Reactions: Heartsdelight

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Have you tried the new Engine II with a single coil?
No, it isn't set up for both imo. The flavor is much better than the original Engine. For the Nano the improvement for me will mostly be the af and wicking. Flavor is already very good imo.

Herrick

ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2016
No, it isn't set up for both imo. The flavor is much better than the original Engine. For the Nano the improvement for me will mostly be the af and wicking. Flavor is already very good imo.

All right. I'll have to hold out for a Nano II...if it ever comes out :(

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
That would be so nice if OBS would release a V2 of the Nano :wub: @Letitia do you know if they are definitely going to make a V2 of the Nano or are we just wishing? :D
Hoping. They waited weeks before releasing the OG Nano after the dual, reasoning implies they will do the same this go around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread