Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
Here's my latest install, stock 26awg twisted kanthal, 2.5mm ID:
37587257c85117b49440b55b38c994a9.jpg
2716b28d6542438f4b76366d42a43d84.jpg

It meters out at 0.48 ohms after final assembly. I should have thinned the wick tails a bit more, but am too lazy [emoji3] The wick is trimmed so it is trapped by the holes but doesn't actually touch the bottom.

Flavor is excellent, as usual, after giving the rayon a couple of pulses during initial priming.

kiba

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
Alexandria, Va, USA
www.facebook.com
I just know that fixed my flavor issues. Put coil too high, muted flavor. Put too low, flooding issues.
when I measured where the hole was, it measure to be lining up for the coil to be just below the the tops of the posts

It's possible they changed that along with the posts, mine doesn't have offset post holes, which I don't really care for anyway.

Reactions: Heartsdelight

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
when I measured where the hole was, it measure to be lining up for the coil to be just below the the tops of the posts

It's possible they changed that along with the posts, mine doesn't have offset post holes, which I don't really care for anyway.
All the off-set holes do is allow shorter leads on the coil. I prefer the off-set ones myself.

roflwaffles

ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2014
United States
Have you seen the eVic Primo Mini?
Yeah, I've seen it but I'm not a huge fan of how it looks - perhaps I'd need to visit a shop and see it in person.

If 75w enough for you, take a look at the pico. Only thing stopping me from buying one is placement of up/down buttons. They are on bottom of mod.

Yeah I actually had a Pico but it crapped out on me - probably because my old Merlin had leaked all over it all the time. Overall decent mod, but the battery plug on the top was bothersome as liquid would seep in.

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
I finally got my nano and I love it as much as original engine. Flavor pops out as long as placement of coil and amount of cotton right. Liquid and battery last longer too.

Tapatalk を使用して私の 501SO から送信
Sounds great, Where are you placing your coil in the Nano?

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
OBS on a Mech Pro:

The Therion BF/Hadaly setup is a svelte 10.2 ounces, the MP/OBS is 15.3 [emoji5] (yes, literally 50% heavier)

I switched to twisted 27 kanthal to get slightly higher resistance, reach my desired power/warmth, but otherwise it's my standard 2.5mm ID coil, vapes beautifully.

The MP is heavy, but edges are rounded, the large copper fire button works great, it's comfortable to hold, build quality seems to be top notch.

I'll be putting a black Avocado 24 on it, should be in tomorrow, but the Nano is also a super tank for it.
2c2d125b8592f96f3c06813c72ea1912.jpg

mowmow

May 3, 2017
Sounds great, Where are you placing your coil in the Nano?
When I place the coil as high as polls, mist got hotter. I figure that means air is not hitting the coil properly so I place it little lower and this made mist cooler.
I'm going to try 2.5mm instead of 3mm to see if it gets even better.

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
When I place the coil as high as polls, mist got hotter. I figure that means air is not hitting the coil properly so I place it little lower and this made mist cooler.
I'm going to try 2.5mm instead of 3mm to see if it gets even better.

I'm using 2mm coils in both mine. I started with 3mm and went up to 4 and then another member here suggested using a smaller coil and the flavor increased quite a bit for me.

Love these tanks.

mowmow

May 3, 2017
I'm using 2mm coils in both mine. I started with 3mm and went up to 4 and then another member here suggested using a smaller coil and the flavor increased quite a bit for me.

Love these tanks.
I'm afraid it will flood but I will definitely try. Thanks Ricks.

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Wow that is a little... Big.

Love the Predator. How's that one working?

I'm still waiting for the eVic Primo Mini. Hope the Engine nano fits it

I really like the predator. I haven't had any problems with the connector. I'm thinking about giving the sigelei away. It's too big for me and I have " too many mods". At least that's what my wife says.

ricks

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 11, 2011
    Moscow PA
    I really like the predator. I haven't had any problems with the connector. I'm thinking about giving the sigelei away. It's too big for me and I have " too many mods". At least that's what my wife says.
    That Predator really looks nice but my wife says that I have too many mods also. I'm trying to find a way to maybe sneak that one in.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread