TennDave

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Knoxville, TN
I JUST GOT HOME
Sorry for all the CAPS.
But reading the new information coming on line everywhere about the proposed FDA regulations and all, I just became more and more angry.

I was just thinking, maybe we should put in place a REVOLT of sort... like Occupy Wall Street- but instead, an Occupy E-Cigs or if a better name is appropriate, you give input. Sure, CASAA members would be great, but we're talking about a TOTAL REVOLT by all E-Cig users eveywhere- that we are not going to stand for regulations that are irrational or unreasonable.

I think it's time to at least get ready for a FULL-FORCE Sit-Down STRIKE sort of thing and show the world that WE ARE OVER IT.

I'm NOT Saying that we act now, be we should be READY.

You're thoughts please.....

sonicdsl

Wandering life's highway
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011
Well, how about this. The next time FDA holds a public hearing (usually in Maryland) charter some buses and show up en masse.

Good idea! Elaine!!
I want to be on that bus.
Who else is game??

(I just think we need a good name for the REVOLT that is appealing to get everyone RILED!!!)

Great point Elaine! If I have a job/the means by then, I'm all for it!

Dave.... How about Operation Save Our Health? :unsure:

Sent from space, the final frontier, via Tapatalk

Berylanna

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
south Bay Area, California
www.facebook.com
Great point Elaine! If I have a job/the means by then, I'm all for it!

Dave.... How about Operation Save Our Health? :unsure:

Sent from space, the final frontier, via Tapatalk

I wonder if GotVapes would contribute their "vaping Kicks Ash" line to the cause?

Stop the FDA from bringing back 1 million previous smokers' cigarette butts, ash, second-hand-smoke! (Do we have any numbers for the U.S., btw?)

TennDave

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Knoxville, TN
All good ideas... and Kristin's probably right- "Occupy" is most likely too decisive.
I'm however not as pessimistic as Petrodus.
If there was a "Name" and a plan for a movement I think some on the fence would actually get on board.
I wish We Are Vapors was more complete than it is now- it would be great timing to put all of this together in force when the announcement is made in April by the FDA.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
I wish We Are Vapors was more complete than it is now- it would be great timing to put all of this together in force when the announcement is made in April by the FDA.
Do you have any updates on the progress and timetable for release?

I donated at the Co-Producer level twice, so I should be getting two signed copies of the DVD upon release.
I intend to donate one signed DVD to CASAA so they can put together some kind of fundraiser.
:)

TennDave

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Knoxville, TN
Do you have any updates on the progress and timetable for release?

I donated at the Co-Producer level twice, so I should be getting two signed copies of the DVD upon release.
I intend to donate one signed DVD to CASAA so they can put together some kind of fundraiser.
:)
I donated too but after editing, etc., my understanding is that the project will be completed sometime this summer. I know they are working hard but I was expecting an earlier entry of the movie. Like I said, all of this is probably going to come to a head. I really wish there was a "movement" in place at the time that it does or is about to (hoping we will have a little pre-knowledge as to FDA's proposals) and if the movie was out about the same time, it could all be part of the artillery.

Berylanna

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
south Bay Area, California
www.facebook.com
Each person carry a sign or wear a T-shirt "I'm here for 100 vapers who couldn't make it." or higher number. In fact, maybe we could pool money (small donations) for some who couldn't afford the trip otherwise.

As long as it's clear that health wasn't what was stopping them....

I would donate towards a trip for someone, and could share a room with a female snorer (or a deaf female.....) since most motels/hotels give a choice of 1 king or 2 queen beds for the same price.

Plus, of course, parallel gatherings in other cities boosts the numbers to include those who can afford to make a day trip.

But I'd want Bill or someone in CASAA to "bless" this, and recommend scheduling. (Maybe AFTER the deeming if it is too nasty. Then we can be asking for a Congressional hearing -- preferably in the House.)

The good news is: The FDA is citing the laws that give them the authority to "deem" on this in their announcement of intent to deem, so we know right away which 2 laws need amending or revoking.

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Good idea. Just please don't call it "Occupy" anything. Too politically divisive.

Once an "Occupy" is announced, a Situational Awareness Report is made and distributed to All Major Law Enforcement Agencies. It doesn't matter if it's just a hundred or a thousand vapers.. It makes the "Occupiers" the bad guys right off to the LEO's, no matter how peaceful they may be.

I did so many of those SAR's last year it wasn't even close to funny.. Ugh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread