Ody Coil Gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick.45cal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2011
Lakeland Florida
Ok, I've managed to read most of this thread. Here are my $.02 on this. In your first group of photos, your coils are too loose. Any resistance wire not snug on the wick, makes it taste like your vaping from a buick tailpipe. Snug up your coils, I remove the pin after making them and then give the coil a little twist to make it just a bit tighter ;)

Another issue (not related to the burnt muffler taste) but make your coil loops closer together, your coil will last longer, and you will get a more consistent vape. It will vaporize more efficiently too!

Use Mr. Krinkles method, and you won't have ANY leaking anymore... trust me, I have been through it all.

AppendixG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2012
USA
Just built my first coil for the iAtty following igetcha69's instructions on YouTube. Ended up at 2.2 Ohms on my first shot, I was surprised it fired up, the thing looked atrocious!

I did end up wrapping the twisted portion of resistance/no resistance wire around the wick once, too, because I'd read that if the resistance wire touches the plastic there's a possibility that it could melt.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
I agree Rick. I make coil loops close and I tight the wire on the wick. But I dont use a pin
Ok, I've managed to read most of this thread. Here are my $.02 on this. In your first group of photos, your coils are too loose. Any resistance wire not snug on the wick, makes it taste like your vaping from a buick tailpipe. Snug up your coils, I remove the pin after making them and then give the coil a little twist to make it just a bit tighter ;)

Another issue (not related to the burnt muffler taste) but make your coil loops closer together, your coil will last longer, and you will get a more consistent vape. It will vaporize more efficiently too!

Use Mr. Krinkles method, and you won't have ANY leaking anymore... trust me, I have been through it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread