Not open for further replies.

Chinner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Hey folks!

I'm about to assemble my Ody for the first time, and have a few quick questions for the pro's.

I know in the older videos there is mention of a soapy taste, and methods to fix it. Haven't seen anything mentioned recently since the latest release, so is the problem fixed now in the newer ones or should I torch my ceramic before my first setup?

Secondly, the thought of pre made wires made me really jump on this after a frusterating experience with genisis style stuff, any update on when the resellers will get them, and in what quantity? I would seriously buy 100 of them if they were available!

Lastly, my favorite juice is Bobas Bounty. This stuff murders atties and cartos. :(
Would my Ody learning curve or experience be any beter if I used a thinner pg or clearer juice to start? With only one wire currently I'm afraid Of killing my setup in a day and having to do without lol..

Any help is much appreciated!

CaptSteve

Airborn ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2011
41,000ft at M 0.85
Hi Chinner,

- Soapy taste not an issue anymore. It was only on the first run of Ody v1 ceramics as the factory didn't wash them. no torching required

- Sellers should have them soon, perhaps Imeo can shed some light on expectancy

- It shouldn't be an issue even with Bobas. If after a week or so you see a drop in flavor wash the wick under warm water (without removing it from the Ody ceramic) then do a few dry burns to clean the coil

MrKrinkle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2009
San Diego, CA
It cant hurt to torch ceramic first better to be sure than have a bad taste and hafta do it anyway... I have no idea about pre-made wires as I myself have been twisting my own for so long... If you are having trouble I could send you the 1 I have because I make dual coils and will probably never use it... and lastly to start with and until you get more wire I would stick to thin clearer juices because the dark ones kill coils fast and I myself am lucky to get 2 or 3 days with the dark VG juices I vape...

Last edited:

MrKrinkle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2009
San Diego, CA
Sometimes that works Steve but I find with my dark VG juices even with washes and dry burns the production is weak and sad after a couple days.... but keep in mind again I run dual coils @ 4.2v with Dark 100% VG Juice all day every day....

Hi Chinner,

- Soapy taste not an issue anymore. It was only on the first run of Ody v1 ceramics as the factory didn't wash them. no torching required

- It shouldn't be an issue even with Bobas. If after a week or so you see a drop in flavor wash the wick under warm water (without removing it from the Ody ceramic) then do a few dry burns to clean the coil

Last edited:

Chinner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Then I have to send 100 more to Bruce in 5-6 days chinner:)

Seriously imeo, I will clean them up! I'd send you the cash personally for them if you wanted lol. send me your PayPal ;)

I haven't had the best luck with rebuildables so far so the Ody and PP are my last hope! If I can stock up on the pre made stuff and Skip some of the more time consuming steps I'd be in heaven! I just don't have time these days to tinker for hours and with the coils made and measured, it opens the door for guys like me to enjoy rebuildables!

Chinner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Hi Chinner,

Thanks Steve! If I can avoid blow torching something I generally tend to go that route lol.

Seems imeo is sending me an extra hundred wires so I guess that's taken care of!

And as for the juice, I know the bobas will kill wicks like crazy, but is too thick to ever leak or flood usually so I guess with the thinner stuff is would last longer but be harder to master the juice control like it was for me in my ufs. So when I actually build it I'll probably just flip a coin

Chinner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2011
Toronto, Canada
It cant hurt to torch ceramic first better to be sure than have a bad taste and hafta do it anyway... I have no idea about pre-made wires as I myself have been twisting my own for so long... If you are having trouble I could send you the 1 I have because I make dual coils and will probably never use it... and lastly to start with and until you get more wire I would stick to thin clearer juices because the dark ones kill coils fast and I myself am lucky to get 2 or 3 days with the dark VG juices I vape...

Thanks for the reply sir! I've read through some of your famous techniques and wow man you're light years ahead of me lol!

I'll probably leave out the bobas for now until I have some backup materials. How do you think a clear lightly flavored vg would do? I have Penelope on the way as well, and it look like the premade wires are designed to be used in either PP or Ody, or will they be different?

As for your generous offer of allowing me to adopt your poor neglected wire lol, let it be known that chinners sanctuary for orphan wires is now open, I'll pay postage lol!

Thanks for the tips guys, going to try a build.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
not a problem chinner, I already added 100 more wires for you. And be sure that Ody or Penelope will give you what you try to find in your vaping life:)
Seriously imeo, I will clean them up! I'd send you the cash personally for them if you wanted lol. send me your PayPal ;)

I haven't had the best luck with rebuildables so far so the Ody and PP are my last hope! If I can stock up on the pre made stuff and Skip some of the more time consuming steps I'd be in heaven! I just don't have time these days to tinker for hours and with the coils made and measured, it opens the door for guys like me to enjoy rebuildables!

Chinner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2011
Toronto, Canada
not a problem chinner, I already added 100 more wires for you. And be sure that Ody or Penelope will give you what you try to find in your vaping life:)

Thanks so much imeo! I'm very excited! If possible the lower resistance ones would be awesome!

You are a gentleman sir!

bacc.vap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2011
Virtualville

Imeo, is there any possibility you could take orders for wick and wires? This really is'nt working with the amounts being put up for sale, both items had been put up for sale twice very recently, but are out of stock in a couple hours. I don't know if a small number of people are buying up everything or what, but it's hard to keep the GG equipment running without the consumables. Just asking.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread