• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Canadian Rebuildable's and stuff thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chinner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Calling all Genisis, Ody's, iatty's, and any other tinkering people out there!

We need a thread to post tips and tricks, share supplies, and post pictures of some of these beauties.

It would also be cool to locate people in our areas for help if needed.

I'll go first. I have a Katana V2 that I bought for my 1 year present. Using #325 SS mesh and kanthal a1 awg. Trying to run bobas bounty. Haven't got it perfected yet but I still think its the coolest thing ever lol.

b897be19-aada-bbf1.jpg

sunchae

Verified Member
Feb 18, 2011
Ontario
Hey Chinner,

I'm on the Genesis bandwagon as well. Loving it. I currently have a Line V2 and a GTUS.

The best piece of equipment I have for genesis attys is the Darwin. When I first started with SS wicks I collapsed a couple of springs on my silver bullet. So now I test every new wick/coil setup on the darwin. I would suggest at a minimum multimeter or for easier use a provari or darwin.

I also have a tonne of AWG34 if you want to try thinner kanthal. Thinner kanthal produces higher resistance for same length of wire.

Chinner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Yo man! Long time! How's things?

Yeah I have a Darwin but it doesn't help much with the katana lol. I have been using the kick in it though and am finding it useful for the first time. I haven't mastered the Kat yet, but I think if I learn to love it I'll probably grab a line or something to use on my Darwin.

We should hook up one of these days lol maybe you can teach me a thing or two!

Kingzkross

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Started with the Odysseus as my first rebuildable, used it for a couple of months then got introduced to Genesis rebuildables.
My first Genesis rebuildable was a Genesis Line V2. It was kind of tough to setup on the provari without getting errors, but after a couple of attempts I was hooked to the Genesis way. Now I'm currently using a Katana V2 as my all day PV, and loving it. I have a Zenesis standard, and Zenesis mini on the way.

For my genesis supplies I ordered the Kathal A1 32AWG from ebay and the mesh from, the mesh company(The Mesh Company: Online Shop for Woven, Knitted and Perforated Mesh for Art, Craft, Floristry, Modelling and Engineering)

For my odysseus supplies I ordered a huge amount of No-res, res wire, and wick from GRBC.co

Here's a pic of my genesis mods together with my other mods. This pic will get updated once I get my Zenies arrive.

p5071807.jpg

PS. Chinner, I still have #414

Last edited:

ChellyNelly

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 26, 2011
Dartmouth, NS
I have ordered the RA Crack Tank from this Outcast Vapor dude. It was supposed to be shipped this past Monday at the latest but he is having a serious shipment issue and waiting on the o-rings. I just told him to keep it all together and ship it faster instead of sending it with different o-rings and having to send the better ones later. He just told me they'll be there Tuesday so I should have my first rebuildable in a week or two! :D

Here's a link: THE RA TANK BY CRACK

Kingzkross

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Hey kingz, are your katanas still stock or have you modded them?

I'm thinking about the airhole and fill hole mods but not sure yet

1 has been modded, air hole bored out with a 1/16 drill bit, and the fill hole bored out to 2.8mm. The other is stock and isnt being used

Toronto_Mike

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 2, 2011
Toronto, Canada
It looks just like the sub tanks from Mom & Pop Vapor Shop, which I love in looks and functionality. I figured for $85 shipping included I really couldn't go wrong for a first time rebuildable. Plus I didn't want something stainless steel, I like to be different :D

I watched the video & it seems very promising. Nice build quality with the spring loaded terminal posts. I'm just wondering what the difference would be with this and say a Vivi Nova if you were to use the same kental & wick. I'm nearing my 6 month anniversary & am looking for a reward.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread