• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Canadian Rebuildable's and stuff thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
dustysfoodieadventures.blogspot.ca

Ah ha ha.. ghetto wick time. I'm surprised that the Provari is not giving you E1 errors. :)

I picked up a Phoenix and an A3 just to mess around the other day and thought I'd rebuild the coil on the Phoenix. 3 attempts later, with 3mm wick and 32 gauge Kanthal, I gave up. I'm going to attempt the mesh wick and see if I can get it going any better. These rba's are tiny.. but when they work well, they put out massive clouds of vapor.

How often do you find yourself having to re-drip?

recidivus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 20, 2012
Canada
www.youtube.com
I fill it up with ~0.5 - 1ml (1 squeeze-ish of a dropper, it's not an actual measurement), cook till it's almost dry and change flavour. I'd estimate I go through 6 fills a day, but it's not exact. It holds a good 1ml with ease. One thing to note, it's best to take the tip off and drip into the chamber, seems with a tip on most of the juice just collects along the side of the body. I've put 15 drips througha tip and still got nothing but dry hits. I was surprised by the lack of errors too, not single one yet! As I said, my DIDclone was a lot of headache, but some reason this phoenix XL has been a dream to work with. It may just be beginners luck, but I'm not complaining. Next coil will be much better, keep learning from past mistakes n all that.

Last edited:

therealcmac

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2011
Vancouver Island, BC Canada
www.youtube.com
Finally got a working wick and coil in the did clone and all I can say is....................WOW, do I ever want another Penelope LOL, that was a lot of work for the result, I can still taste all that burnt mesh in my mouth from hours of trying to get it working.....now that it is, ya the flavor is great, on par with the Penny, but i cant put it down on its side, I have to tip it constantly to get a decent amount of juice on the wick, and I don't get big clouds of vapor....I have the air hole lined up, the coils are all lighting up even.....I don't get it, what am I missing here? Will I have a better experience with a different genesis device? Just wondering.

Edit: I should note that as long as i am tipping it, it is working great....I guess my question is should I have to be keeping it at an angle while vaping? Is it not supposed to wick without holding it at an angle?

Last edited:

recidivus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 20, 2012
Canada
www.youtube.com
Since I've only used the did clone, I can't say how it "should" work, I didn't have toooo much wicking trouble, had to tilt occasionally (every few puffs, like a short wick nova). The wick that worked best for me worked better after I ran a large needle down the middle and unpinched the top. The wick hole seems a bit too small to me, like it'd be tough to get a proper cotton/silica wick through without choking it.

I will be looking at getting one of the higher quality gennies next year. Or I'll build my own.

SloHand

Eh?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 8, 2011
Kingston, Ontario
Finally got a working wick and coil in the did clone and all I can say is....................WOW, do I ever want another Penelope LOL, that was a lot of work for the result, I can still taste all that burnt mesh in my mouth from hours of trying to get it working.....now that it is, ya the flavor is great, on par with the Penny, but i cant put it down on its side, I have to tip it constantly to get a decent amount of juice on the wick, and I don't get big clouds of vapor....I have the air hole lined up, the coils are all lighting up even.....I don't get it, what am I missing here? Will I have a better experience with a different genesis device? Just wondering.

Edit: I should note that as long as i am tipping it, it is working great....I guess my question is should I have to be keeping it at an angle while vaping? Is it not supposed to wick without holding it at an angle?

I find with my DID clone that leaving the fill hole open really helps with the wicking. Just don't leave your unit on it's side for too long :)

therealcmac

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2011
Vancouver Island, BC Canada
www.youtube.com
I find with my DID clone that leaving the fill hole open really helps with the wicking. Just don't leave your unit on it's side for too long :)

Ya already learned that lesson! I thought the damn thing was empty so i put it down, came back 5 minutes later to a nice pool of juice :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread