Odysseus official

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisEU

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2011
Germany
I was called names on the German forum for saying this, but PLEASE don't use copper wire for NR.
Silver (or gold) plated copper wire might be not as bad, but you simply don't want to inhale the result from heated, oxydized copper in a sour environment (our liquids are usually slightly sour, pH wise).

The silver wire costs a few bucks per 10 meters, packaging is likely to be more expnsive than the product - using copper wire might save a few cents, but if you are so strapped for cash, I'd ask around ECF for a few meters silver wire in an envelope. Or use nickel wire like the one that Imeo chose, it's as cheap as copper.

Para

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2010
Texas
can someone link me to a site i can buy odyseuss wick from, the exact right wick? doesn't matter what country it is in.

i have had bad luck wick wick and my ody has been sat here a week doing nothing as I'm so fed up with the burnt taste from the wrong wick

Doesn't Cam sell the new wick?

LSVap

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2011
Finland
Has to be my worst week. Tried to snatch GGTS+UFSv2 from UKVapers but despite being very quick and sending pm before any replies on the thread I was too late. Now when pre-order for Ody ceramics was up I had it in my shopping cart but wanted to pick up HV attys also and quess what, ceramics were removed from my shopping cart. Well, today making my new wick I noticed my ceramic has cracked on the other side.... Not my week, not at all.

Zoranth

Supplier Associate
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2010
Baldwin, MI. USA
www.keepandshare.com
If your ceramic is cracked you are entitled to a free replacement. Contact Cam via email/PM and let him know what is going on.

Has to be my worst week. Tried to snatch GGTS+UFSv2 from UKVapers but despite being very quick and sending pm before any replies on the thread I was too late. Now when pre-order for Ody ceramics was up I had it in my shopping cart but wanted to pick up HV attys also and quess what, ceramics were removed from my shopping cart. Well, today making my new wick I noticed my ceramic has cracked on the other side.... Not my week, not at all.

steve321

ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2011
Great Britain
Doesn't Cam sell the new wick?

it was on his site last night, poorly labelled as iatty wick so i didn't buy any. now I'm told it was ody wick but its out of stock. anywhere else i can buy it, like i said doesn't matter which country site is in. I've got an ody i can't use so pretty desperate

LSVap

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2011
Finland
If your ceramic is cracked you are entitled to a free replacement. Contact Cam via email/PM and let him know what is going on.

Will send him a message, too bad he just sent back my misfortunes Stealth so it won't make the same shipment. I will first check if the case is what it seems, looks like the ceramic is cracked on the side and I can clearly see the threads of the ring have made contact with the ceramic, its odd, mine is so tight that I didn't even try to get it out so didn't notice that before.

martinc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2011
Montreal,Quebec,Canada
Mine is also cracked,but a corner went away...odd.

Didnt take it off the cradle though.

The ring that tightens on the base seems to be looser than last time as well...I can wiggle it while its screwed half way

And we have to figure out something better about the wick thing,by God,some seems to get it all as soon as its out,need too carry more of the stuff!

Edit:

On another note,I finally got my perfect coil,its single and is 2.8 ohms...beats me,its the reading I got but that thing smokes warm vapor like an incinerator chimney!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread