Status
Not open for further replies.

yankeebobo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2012
Western MA
The NR conducts with no resistance as normal. The R wire then glows as normal (not with juice of course). As soon as it touches the metal channel it grounds and effectively becomes an NR wire from that point down the metal channel.
One negative is you HAVE to make sure to tuck the R wire under the wick to make sure the contact to the metal channel stays. If you accidentally go above the wick and it lifts, it'll continue to stay R until contact is made. But this is easy as even a double leg we practice laying under wick. But a positive remains. For example, you try a different setup (say twisted). You wrap too many coils and leave yourself with a 1.7ohm coil. You lift the wick in metal channel, uncoil once or twice to your liking, trim excess, and lay back down. I've done that and in 30 seconds corrected the resistance to what I liked.

subver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2012
United States
subver.com
Oh woops, yeah I meant does the R wire get hot all the way up to where it touches the metal channel, not the NR wire :p
Interesting, though! I've got to try this! Sounds simple enough.. I'm gonna try to hold off making a new coil until tomorrow when I get my Penny in the mail.. then I can at least vape my Ody while I experiment :)

Can this work with dual coil? Maybe do the same thing but don't let the wires touch until they get past the metal channel?

fright88

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2011
Loveland CO
Oh woops, yeah I meant does the R wire get hot all the way up to where it touches the metal channel, not the NR wire :p
Interesting, though! I've got to try this! Sounds simple enough.. I'm gonna try to hold off making a new coil until tomorrow when I get my Penny in the mail.. then I can at least vape my Ody while I experiment :)

Can this work with dual coil? Maybe do the same thing but don't let the wires touch until they get past the metal channel?

There is no reason it won't . What I would recommend is twisting your 2 r wires together past the point you will wrap and it should work great. I've been using the only 1 nr wire setup for a couple months and love it since I tend to have to rebuild every 2-3 days. Been using a 2 res wire twist setup for about a month and love it.

subver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2012
United States
subver.com
Just curious, does anyone know how many ml the Ody holds when it's like this:
V2kBdk7.jpg

Just trying to compare to the 3ml that Penelope holds.
Thanks!

Moonwalker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2012
Belgrade, Serbia
Thank you for that, if you didn't mentioned it I would put it to work without it and probably get leaking. I didn't want to answer last night, even though I was 99.99% sure that o-ring wasn't there when I disassembled Ody. I wanted to wait for the morning and to look carefully on my table where I disassembled it. But now, after checking everything, my answer is no, I didn't get it. :(

But I received with it one pack of o-rings for small Ody, can I use one of those? One on the right looks like the one you mentioned:

cam00709.jpg

Aal_

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2012
Toronto
So I need to put all o-rings? Thank you all a lot. I didn't get any o-rings on assembled Ody. I tought that I need only one that Vapogologist mentioned.

Moon, I received the same as you. Vassilis sent the odys without any oring inside. You have to put them all, except one of the smallest. You don't need it since the rebuildable v2 has a plastic

Yankee I don't think the smallest is inside ceramic. Because 1- the new rebuildables Vassilis is selling do not have this o-ring and imeo confirmed that its not needed. 2- the one inside the ceramic as I remember is 3x2 and not 2x2

EDIT: just looked inside my 2 odys. Ok the ones that I got from Vassilis when he opened the new website has already inside it the oring 3x2 and he is using the old pin with slot. The one I got from the stealth preorders didn't have any oring inside and stayed that way.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread