Status
Not open for further replies.

MagnusEunson

Bearded Super Villain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2011
Behind you
the detailed workings of the seal is proprietary. The potential for this issue has been eliminated completely for future attys.

Understood. Appreciated.

when the seal is working and atty is full, when you draw from it with no power you should get a CRACKING type gurgle. This is the seal working and pulling fluid and air through the correct channel. you can kind of feel it when you hold the atty and do this.

OK, got it. This batch next week will match this new seal design and this behavior you speak of, yes?

Look forward to the open-post design for use on my bottom-feeder. Thanks much, Cheers, -Magnus

Cisco

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2009
NY, State of denial
www.avidvaper.com
Cisco, does the exchange policy cover if these ohm out too low and trigger errors on our Vvs? Or is there a voltage range already specified for use to keep it "in warranty" status? -Magnus

Every atomizer is ohm'ed out before it's added to stock. The resistance on atomizers has the potential to drop as they get used. An atomizer reading 1.5ohm out of the box could drop to 1.4-1.3 over time. One of the killers for eGo and Riva type batteries is an LR atomizers resistance lowering over time and creating a near short, these batteries are not designed to compensate for anything other then a dead short, a near short will melt the silicone layer in the switch mosfet rendering the battery useless. If that happens and the 357's trigger errors on a VV mod that would not be something we would cover. Hanna meters every coil before assembly, fires up and tests each atomizer after assembly and we meter every atomizer before shipping. Our tolerance is 1.5 +/- .1, every atomizer shipped falls within that range.

Cisco...

H_Bomb

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2011
Orleans, MA USA
www.avidvaper.com
Understood. Appreciated.

OK, got it. This batch next week will match this new seal design and this behavior you speak of, yes?

Look forward to the open-post design for use on my bottom-feeder. Thanks much, Cheers, -Magnus

yes same seal design however elimination of potential for a seal break. open post attys are 100% ready to rock.

Cisco

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2009
NY, State of denial
www.avidvaper.com
cant wait for them to become available!!! 1 bottom fed version and 1 non for me pls!

The 357's are not going to be "Bottom Feeder" specific. The new run will have an open center post which will work on anything, including bottom feeders. Not sure if we will even offer sealed center post in the future considering the 357's design. I dont want to confuse people into thinking these will only work for bottom feeders like the Silo atomizers

Cisco...

Vaporologist

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2010
Epic Journey
The 357's are not going to be "Bottom Feeder" specific. The new run will have an open center post which will work on anything, including bottom feeders. Not sure if we will even offer sealed center post in the future considering the 357's design. I dont want to confuse people into thinking these will only work for bottom feeders like the Silo atomizers

Cisco...
Hey Cisco,

Looking forward to receiving mine in the beginning of the week. Thanks for quick order processing.

I was under the impression that you were planning to eventually offer both designs but, if I'm not misunderstanding your post, it sounds like the HH atties from the first two runs have a sealed center post and the ones in the future runs will have an open center post only. For someone like me who doesn't use bottom feeder PVs and will be using these atties strictly for dripping at 3.7V, is there any advantage/disadvantage of using the sealed vs. open center design? Or is the new seal design in the open-center-post ones making it unnecessary to have a completely sealed center post? Thanks for clarifying.

Also, your website states to not dry-burn these atties for any reason. Many people approve of and use this procedure while others speaking strongly against it. Why do you suggest against dry-burning HH atties? TIA...

nocturn4l3030

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2011
South Bay, CA
yes same seal design however elimination of potential for a seal break. open post attys are 100% ready to rock.

=[ i have two of the 357s coming in monday of this "older" seal design.

how likely are these seals to break? if it does break, are we jus stuck? or can we send em back to you fix?

i kinda want to exchange one of these for the newer version now..

Last edited:

H_Bomb

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2011
Orleans, MA USA
www.avidvaper.com
=[ i have two of the 357s coming in monday of this "older" seal design.

how likely are these seals to break? if it does break, are we jus stuck? or can we send em back to you fix?

i kinda want to exchange one of these for the newer version now..

Dont worry there are plenty of people who haven't had the issue and are working great. You are not stuck with the atty. If you communicate with me about your issue you will get a working atty.

Cisco

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2009
NY, State of denial
www.avidvaper.com
Hey Cisco,

Looking forward to receiving mine in the beginning of the week. Thanks for quick order processing.

I was under the impression that you were planning to eventually offer both designs but, if I'm not misunderstanding your post, it sounds like the HH atties from the first two runs have a sealed center post and the ones in the future runs will have an open center post only. For someone like me who doesn't use bottom feeder PVs and will be using these atties strictly for dripping at 3.7V, is there any advantage/disadvantage of using the sealed vs. open center design? Or is the new seal design in the open-center-post ones making it unnecessary to have a completely sealed center post? Thanks for clarifying.

Also, your website states to not dry-burn these atties for any reason. Many people approve of and use this procedure while others speaking strongly against it. Why do you suggest against dry-burning HH atties? TIA...

A sealed center post will reduce the potential for leaking. If you're a heavy dripper they're going to leak anyway by way of the air holes in the threads, this is not the case with the .357. The seal design reduces the potential for leaking whether the center post is sealed or not. The sealed posts on the first run were machined a few thousands of an inch longer than standard center posts, the potential issue was if someone wrenched their atomizer down it could possibly push the center post up far enough to put pressure on the wiring and break the vacuum seal. The issue has been eliminated by modifying the assembly, the seal design is still exactly the same, just a slight modification with the wire routing.

I don't ever see a need to dry burn an atomizer, after a good cleaning I will pump the fire button to make sure the atomizer will heat up evenly but I won't fire the atomizer to the point that the entire coil is glowing orange. By pumping the button you can get a pretty good idea of how even the coil is heating up. If you feel the need to dry burn an atomizer because of excessive carbon build up then you're not cleaning them often enough. When a coil reaches its orange glow its hot enough to char or burn the wicking material its wrapped around. Why would you purposely want to burn your wicking material? burnt wicking does not wick juice very well.
A good cleaning with Ethanol (everclear) will keep the coil clean and also remove any build up from the atomizer in general, I would never use water. When the metal wicking materiel starts to get gunked up with coagulated juice it can no longer hold the same amount of juice as when it was new, it will start leaking. How often you should clean your atomizer will be different for everyone and depend on two things, How much liquid you vape and what juice you vape. It has nothing to do with how often you vape, it's how much liquid you vape. Heavy juices, dark juices, High VG juices and more importantly juices with high sugar content are going to clog up an atomizer pretty fast.

Last edited:

misterD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2009
worster - crappychusetts
hi, peeps!!!
gotta say that I love my HH.357! the one Im vaping right now is oHmed at 1.3 and the other one is 1.4. checked them on my Provari and think the reading is quite accurate. It doesn't bother me. Im only afraid that its gonna go even lower with time and become unusable. will see!
question about this "seal"! Is there any chance that when bottom feeding the juice pressure would break it? what about the feeding protruding needles in mods like Redsky and Ali'i? would there be a chance it eff up the seal?
thanks and good job, Hanna (and Cisco)!!!! :thumbs:

another question: when soaking in alcohol is it safe to leave it overnight or would it dissolve the glue that keeps it together or is everything just press fit?

Last edited:

MagnusEunson

Bearded Super Villain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2011
Behind you
The variance in 1.5s is why I always try for 2.0s. From the other thread it seems Hanna couldn't stand behind a 2.0ohm version of the HH though. Hopefully something that meets his quality requirements will fit the bill at some point. If I were attaching my name to something, I'd be pretty specific too, I can appreciate that (and Cisco's likewise). -Magnus

H_Bomb

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2011
Orleans, MA USA
www.avidvaper.com
hi, peeps!!!
gotta say that I love my HH.357! the one Im vaping right now is oHmed at 1.3 and the other one is 1.4. checked them on my Provari and think the reading is quite accurate. It doesn't bother me. Im only afraid that its gonna go even lower with time and become unusable. will see!
question about this "seal"! Is there any chance that when bottom feeding the juice pressure would break it? what about the feeding protruding needles in mods like Redsky and Ali'i? would there be a chance it eff up the seal?
thanks and good job, Hanna (and Cisco)!!!! :thumbs:

another question: when soaking in alcohol is it safe to leave it overnight or would it dissolve the glue that keeps it together or is everything just press fit?

awesome to hear! the seal wont break under any of the variables you mentioned, just the pressure from the post, needles wont bother it either. your good to go on the soaking too and its highly recomended.

sluers

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2011
Shrewsbury, PA
Hanna you are a genius! Your HH .357 atomizer has taken my vaping journey to a whole new level of enjoyment. I am still rocking the same one since Wednesday morning at 10AM. I followed the instructions that come with the .357 (and posted on AvidVapers website), blew the primer out and dripped four drops of juice in the atty. I took one cold draw to circulate the juice. My first sip was a mind blower. Wonderful taste/flavor, good TH, and clouds and clouds of vapor. The only time I had an issue with juice leaking out of the air holes is when I went to drip juice in the atty that had a drip tip where the juice flowed out instead of dripping. To top up the most I drip is 2 - 3 drops.

This morning I was drinking my coffee, reading the paper, and vaping. My 17 year old daughter was eating breakfast and patiently waiting for her first opportunity of the day to complain about something. After one of my exhales my daughter said "Mom, can you watch that stuff, your going to set off the smoke detector"! All I could say in response was "I know, I think its wonderful"! Life is good!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread