Status
Not open for further replies.

H_Bomb

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2011
Orleans, MA USA
www.avidvaper.com
I don't know if this is the correct way, but after I clean out my atty's (by soaking them in everclear), I blow them out and put several drops of PG in them and shake out the access. I started vaping in Oct 2010 and I have only had 2 atty's die on me. Nothing lasts for ever, but I feel that if you take care of your devices, do regular preventive maintenance, and don't push them past their limits, they will last longer and preform better. I try to use only 80 PG/20 VG mix, stay away from dark colored juices, and super sweet juices. When I notice that my flavor and vapor is changing, it's time to clean them. I'm not an expert, but this is what works for me.

Sounds like the perfect method!

H_Bomb

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2011
Orleans, MA USA
www.avidvaper.com
A question regarding daily maintenance. I clean my atties once or twice a day by blowing the juice out from the battery end with a tissue rolled up inside the atty and pressed against the bridge. This obviously pulls out a lot more dirty juice than just blowing out the atty. I suspect that this way of cleaning could potentially damage the HH atty since the coil is exposed. Would you advise against anything, even a tissue, making contact with the coil or is this potential issue insignificant? Thanks.

Yeah as long as it doesn't contact the coil this will work. Its great to hear you guys keeping up with cleaning and maintenence. Its a must for longer life.

Last edited:

Cisco

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2009
NY, State of denial
www.avidvaper.com
I don't know if this is the correct way, but after I clean out my atty's (by soaking them in everclear), I blow them out and put several drops of PG in them and shake out the access. I started vaping in Oct 2010 and I have only had 2 atty's die on me. Nothing lasts for ever, but I feel that if you take care of your devices, do regular preventive maintenance, and don't push them past their limits, they will last longer and preform better. I try to use only 80 PG/20 VG mix, stay away from dark colored juices, and super sweet juices. When I notice that my flavor and vapor is changing, it's time to clean them. I'm not an expert, but this is what works for me.

Can I send you my dirty atomizers?...:)

Sounds like a pretty good maintenance schedule. My cleaning procedure is pretty much the same, I cycle through a few atomizers, when an atomizer starts to under perform I drop it in some everclear and use a clean one. I will blow them out during the day if I remember. You dont need to stay away from dark or sweet juices, you just need to blow them out more often and clean them more often. When a customer is having issues with an atomizer I typically ask for the device details, juice, and their cleaning procedure. It surprises me that most people never ever clean or blow out their atomizers. When an atomizer gets dirty it will not hold juice as well,restrict the flow of juice to the coil, and the coil will not heat up unvenly creating a multitude of problems.

Vaporologist

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2010
Epic Journey
Yeah as long as it doesn't contact the coil this will work. Its great to hear you guys keeping up with cleaning and maintenence. Its a must for longer life.

So, just to make sure that I'm crystal clear on this, a piece of tissue making contact with the coil could possibly compromise the integrity of the coil and result in early death, right? I just want to minimize a potential of atty failure due to user error... Thanks.

H_Bomb

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2011
Orleans, MA USA
www.avidvaper.com
So, just to make sure that I'm crystal clear on this, a piece of tissue making contact with the coil could possibly compromise the integrity of the coil and result in early death, right? I just want to minimize a potential of atty failure due to user error... Thanks.

Should be ok if your careful. I mean as long as your not packing the tissue in there tightly.

tybin

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
WA
can you recommend something besides alcohol to clean with? i was using distilled hot water:?:
Can I send you my dirty atomizers?...:)

Sounds like a pretty good maintenance schedule. My cleaning procedure is pretty much the same, I cycle through a few atomizers, when an atomizer starts to under perform I drop it in some everclear and use a clean one. I will blow them out during the day if I remember. You dont need to stay away from dark or sweet juices, you just need to blow them out more often and clean them more often. When a customer is having issues with an atomizer I typically ask for the device details, juice, and their cleaning procedure. It surprises me that most people never ever clean or blow out their atomizers. When an atomizer gets dirty it will not hold juice as well,restrict the flow of juice to the coil, and the coil will not heat up unvenly creating a multitude of problems.

Mudflap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Tyler, Texas
everclear is illegal in the states i believe, is cheap vodka okay? or should.i go for the good vodka? lol

Not illegal nation wide, but some states and local municipalities restrict its sale. Here's a link where you can order 190 proof Everclear online for a decent price.

Cisco

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2009
NY, State of denial
www.avidvaper.com
can you recommend something besides alcohol to clean with? i was using distilled hot water:?:

I would not recommend water of any kind, especially not for the .357. Any inexpensive vodka will be fine. Everclear is recommended only because its stronger, near pure ethanol @ 190 proof

laurel099

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I am totally smitten with the HH 357 :) I never thought I'd find an atty that I loved as much as Cisco's LR306. Now...I'm spoiled again!!

I've used mine 4 days now I think, it is broken in very nicely. Provides the best hits I've had in my 2+yrs vaping. The vapor production is great, the flavor is amplified and wonderful. I haven't had any issues with it leaking. Took a bit of time to retrain myself to taking shorter puffs but as the atty broke in I found my happy spot.

Every time I try a new atty or carto I usually run back to my LR306 pretty darn fast and I've been hooked on the 306's over a year now. After using the 357 for a day I tried to switch back to my 306... Meh! I couldn't stay with my 306 but a few minutes before I was running back to the 357. Yup, it's official - I'm hooked!!

I'm also totally cool with paying a more for these attys, love to support homegrown stuff :) and I appreciate the fact these are hand assembled in the USA!

Mine is reading 1.4ohms but seems to be working wonderfully plus I have a backup ROFL.

Just doesn't feel right not having a huge stash of my favorite atttys... more 357's please.

Thanks Cisco and Hanna!! Great stuff and keep up the good work ;)

Oh yeah... I'd love to see a 1.8 or 2.0 version of these someday soon, I think the Ego/Riva/Brother/016 crowd would appreciate it greatly.

tybin

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
WA
i don't use alcohol:laugh:
I would not recommend water of any kind, especially not for the .357. Any inexpensive vodka will be fine. Everclear is recommended only because its stronger, near pure ethanol @ 190 proof

seriously, there isn't anything else that can be used for those of us that are in recovery?

Last edited:

cr12

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2009
hey guys also, just a tip for those of us with the sealed post 357's i had one go bad because the battery post pushed up and broke the seal, as a preemptive measure i would not screw them down hard, i leave a couple threads out to prevent this from happening again. I am using ego type batts.

I also found that long drags will kick your a** you have to take short puffs

upStomp

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2010
North Central Mass
Just a second ago it had the option to add to cart and quantity and the page finished rendering and it was gone. Please don't tell me in mid-page loading they were in-stock and sold-out?? -Magnus

Hahaha. I've been noticing that for days. I think it's just the way the page refreshes. Though it does feel a little like I'm that doofus on the street who keeps chasing after the moving dollar bill on the end of the fishing line.

:toast:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread