Not open for further replies.

lasttango

What would Freud say?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2010
Wilmington, DE / Ithaca, NY
www.last.fm
I know it sounds presumptive to name something "official" when I have no authority and I am starting the thread... so I suppose it's only official if it gets some love from all of you.

The question is raised time and time again... what is Boba's Bounty? What does it taste like? Is Ben really in business with keebler elves and other mythological forest creatures who supply him with the Spanish Fly of vaping... This Turkish Delight of vaping? MMM?

A Boba's Bounty Thread...

I am counting on BB fans to support it - so post away if you can... ask questions if you have them...

Lets give this a try... a lot of us love it... everyone always seems to have questions about it... no one can ever guess what Ben uses to actually make it...

First impressions...
What you think it tastes like...
What it reminds you of...
Any Boba's stories?
Does it mix well with something else?
What other Vapes do you like and by what vendors... (I am always curious about this because chances are if you like Boba's, I may like what else you like)

Last edited:
Reactions: Phassat

lasttango

What would Freud say?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2010
www.last.fm
I first tried it in late March 2010. Someone wrote a glowing review. I was new… So I bit.

My first impression of the flavor was that it was good, but rather non-descript... By my third fill, my tastes buds were rolling in heaven - I couldn't put it down. I got a semi-sweet tobacco... and still cannot pinpoint the sweet. Toasted Coconut? Baker's Chocolate? Custard? Vanilla Bean? I dunno. Whenever I get close to nailing the flavor, it flies out of my head.

75%+ of my juices are from Backwoods Brew, VapeRite and Alien Visions. All three seem to have very unique, clean juices. The temperature is right, vapor production is immense, and taste is fantastic.

Temperature is important to me... I hate it when juice heats up to fast... or gets chemical tastes at a high voltage...
AV juices are High-Grade... they hold up well under different atties and Voltages.

True story... I ran out of Boba's when I was on a mini-vacation in Atlantic City. I knew I had some waiting at home... and I actually came back two days early from vacation to get to my Boba's. That was in March of 2010 - and I haven't been without it since. I just ordered 100mls yesterday.

Lately, I like mixing it with BWB's Malty and VapeRite's TG's Tobacco. Itr also mixes well with most other AV juices... notably Caramel Kicker, 555 and Marly...

Last edited:

Badfish20

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
Lewiston, Id
Boba's Bounty is the only juice I cannot go without. Far and away my favorite vape. Ben's Flu cured is the best I have tried also, closest thing to a cigarette taste I have had. Boba's is hard to describe, kinda like a european cigarette with a hint of burnt sugar, but for less than 7 dollars, you owe it to yourself to try it.

My other favorite vapes:
Classic Caramel mocha Frappacino and Wowboy (Vapor4Life)
Taboo and Honey Flu cured (Liquidxpress)

Mostly vape it at 5v on my GLV2, but it tastes good on the eGo and chuck as well.

Ben better have this recipe in his will somewhere.

bigboom

ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
I just got my first Boba's Bounty last week when fellow ECF member Dysmay sent some my way to sample. I enjoyed it immediately and after vaping for about an hour, I started to think it was very similar to Vapor Station's VS4. I vaped them side by side for a bit and that furthered that thought. Since the VS is approximately 70/30 pg/vg and the Boba's is 100% vg, I like the TH from the VS4 and the vapor of the BB. I started mixing them 50/50 and the result is a perfect vape for me.

Flavor-wise, I get a tobacco-caramel-vanilla(?)-roasted kind of thing (I won't pretend to accurately describe the flavor but it's REALLY good).

The Boba's will be the first 100 ml bottle of any juice I order. Great on its own and excellent to mix with some others.

Side note to Last Tango: I appreciate the opinions you express on the forum and the information you share. My tastes seem to run similar to yours and your posts last month about VS juices convinced me to give them a try. That was a great find for me. Keep it coming.

Last edited:

lasttango

What would Freud say?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2010
www.last.fm
Four descriptions and they are all over the place...

like a european cigarette with a hint of burnt sugar

like malty chocolate cherry covered tobacco
(I wouldn't like it either if I thought it tasted like that? yikes...)

Flavor-wise, I get a tobacco-caramel-vanilla(?)-roasted kind of thing

Toasted Coconut? Baker's Chocolate? Custard? Vanilla Bean?

Last edited:

SaltoftheEarth

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2010
Texas
Great thread, although I can't really even begin to describe what Boba's tastes like. I can only say that I go through it faster than any other flavor and that this has ben the case ever since I first started vaping it a few months back. Additionally, I mix it more with other flavors than anything else. While I love it how it is, I kind of thin it out a little with Halo's Torque 56 or Freedom. I try to stay heavier on the Boba's with about a 65% and 35% mix. Can't get enough of this stuff.

Mister Hyde

ECF Veteran
May 17, 2010
Florida
A well balance vape, good TH, impressive vapor, intriguing taste, the sweetness of it is not overpowering, and I do taste tobacco in it with a hint of roasted ... something....can’t get my fingers on it.
It’s a very "full body" vapor, you actually feel it in your mouth when vaped, I do get rewarded by vaping BB and is thanks to this eliquid that I was able to get away from analogs. Overall my all day vape.
And when I get the urge for something different I do enjoy Blend 4, and 555 also from AVEjuices, the Tampa and phoenix from VS, and on occasion I vape some 555, Ry4 and kona Coffee from StrictlyEJ.
I used to vape Torque 56 all the times but for some reason a got tired of it and don't enjoy it as much as I use to anymore.
Although I am not a huge fan of menthol I did mix BB with menthol crystal and wasn't too bad.
I think I found "MY VAPE" with BB, even if I do hear good things on Backwoods brew from people that like Boba's, so I may have to give it a try.

A little about my vaping styles so you know where I come from.

I am an avid dripper so I drip 90% of the times, I mostly use 510, 306 (my favorite atty) and the sidesho.
All of my Juices are 24mg, except for 555; I enjoy that at 18mg.

Synonymous

Jul 19, 2010
Indiana
I don't get much of anything. It smells great but I can't taste anything but a tiny hint of flavor. I got some of their 555 and it's the same way. I can taste the Irish Creme they make but the other two not so much. I got the 24 mg blend of all three and tried various 510 attys' I thought I was experiencing the dead taste bud issue that some report around week 2 of analog free vaping but all my other flavors come through. Maybe I just got a weak batch. I'll definitely try it again. The smell is so intriguing.

lasttango

What would Freud say?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2010
www.last.fm
No, that sounds right... keep vaping it... in a couple days, the flavor should come on...
It's a weird phenomenon... at least that what my initial experience was like. Others said this was what happened for them too.

SO what do you think of the Irish cream?
I just ordered it for the 3rd time.
At 24 mgs and 5 volts, mine has TREMENDOUS Throat Hit... throat numbing throat hit... you get that?

Synonymous

Jul 19, 2010
Indiana
I like the Irish cream. Tons of vapor and great TH even at 3.7v. It tastes like Bailey's to me but a little stronger on the alcohol undertone. I love sipping Bailey's on occasion and I think this will be a flavor that I vape on occasion. Not an all day, or everyday for that matter, vape but one that I will visit from time to time.

I'm curious about the Boba's being weak, though. With Boba, I've been vaping the crap out of it for the past three days. It's really interesting that I keep coming back to it even though I'm not tasting much. I can't explain it other than the fact that the extremely subtle flavor haunts me and I want it to explode but it won't. Which still doesn't explain why I would get the same weakness with their 555? I get great flavor from 555 from other sources. I sense it there but it's very hidden. I thought it was the heavy VG which was the first time I had a flavor with all VG but the Irish Cream comes through. I'm just so confused. Guess I'll vape some more Boba's.

No, that sounds right... keep vaping it... in a couple days, the flavor should come on...
It's a weird phenomenon... at least that what my initial experience was like. Others said this was what happened for them too.

SO what do you think of the Irish cream?
I just ordered it for the 3rd time.
At 24 mgs and 5 volts, mine has TREMENDOUS Throat Hit... throat numbing throat hit... you get that?

Reactions: Phassat

Badfish20

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
Lewiston, Id
The flavor is alot better on a cartomizer also I think. But I find it weird that people are tasting lemon and cherry. If it had any hint of lemon or cherry I would not vape it. And I am not a fan of 555, to me 555 tastes like peanuts.

Hazelnut or brown sugar taste is there but subtle. Its just a great smoky flavor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread